1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You are right.

How much success do you attribute to the QB position? Therein lies the answer. For a team like the Jets who have played a game of QB carousel that is borderline cruel and unusual punishment for their fans landing a proven QB like Watson may be just like winning the SB for them after missing on so many "top 10" QB picks. That alone may make the deal worth it for that franchise and they can worry about all the other pieces they don't have once they have the franchise QB. Funny part to me is that Watson would be actively looking for this team knowing that they are not in a better position to win than the Texans - so its just a status location for a guy like Watson where he will make more ad money and exposure on a grand scale.

2 firsts 2 seconds and then some filler picks and players - THAT is just the starting offer for the league in general - teams would have to compete against each other from that baseline and if Caserio is smart he doesn't send Watson to a contender - with the EXPECTATION that the team who lands D4 will not be competitive in the first couple of years where the picks are due.

I would request from the Jets - two first rounders, two second rounders, two 3rd rounders, Quinnen Williams, Sam Darnold, and then a few late round picks.

THAT is how Caserio should handle the negotiations. Players like Watson dont come on the market in their prime. (remember thats what they told us about Tunsil).

Contenders could feel they wont spend that capital because they are "close" and could settle on another marginal QB prospect. I think the reverse to you - that contenders would try to get cute with their offers.

texans1095 and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Rams were willing to mortgage the future to win now. The Texans did some of that as well with the Tunsil trade.

middle of the road teams could be desperate flashback to 6 years ago, pre-Watson, what would Texans fans give up back then to acquire somebody of Watson’s ability? I’m talking about at the height of the Hoyer-Mallett-Osweiller debacles.

Pbev99 likes this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind that coming into last season, we had won 4 of 5 division titles and should have beaten the Chiefs in Kansas City in the playoffs. And DID beat the Bills in the playoffs. The Bills kept rising, and we sank like a stone. I get why we mortgaged the future (we thought we were close to contending), but the manner in which we did it was awful. And we foolishly neglected the defense. O'Brien thought our first round picks would be in the high 20's or low 30's... and instead the 2021 first rounder is #4. Oops. I think O'Brien got a little too high off his own supply.... thinking it was "the system" producing the success when in fact it wasn't.

TWS1986 and 3Rings like this.
  4. mario_v

mario_v Member

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Deshaun sounding like Doc Rocket

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he needs to be called out for not being direct. Does he think he's being cute? I'd be pissed as hell if I just gave Watson a huge signing bonus and then he behaves like this on social media. Watson needs to be clear, be direct, be specific... or stop it all and handle matters privately/professionally and stop diminishing his own trade value.

TWS1986 and ROXRAN like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You’re right. I’m not disagreeing just mentioning that career bottom dwellers could be just as desperate and if both packages are equal common sense would tell you to deal with the worse team. No?

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes. And thus ends my entertainment of it. It’s ridiculously stupid to trade Watson.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Unfortunately for us Houstonians we didn’t get to enjoy that Super Bowl run or most of Steve McNair’s career because they had already moved to Tennessee.

Harden, Springer, and Watson way to start 2021

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I’m gonna go ahead and guess DW4 found out via Twitter like the rest of us.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Give us some lyrics DW

TWS1986, Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Next up: Deshaun traded for 2 second round picks, a long-snapper and cash considerations

TWS1986, CometsWin and J.R. like this.
  15. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

They’ll just run the wishbone with a bunch of backs named David.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deshaun traded for wooden cross and rosary.

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This is clever and I wish I could double like it.

Verbal Christ and Caddman like this.
  18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So the great DW4 watch officially begins.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I. Starting to think Watson is loving the noise and the cryptic messages now lol

TWS1986 and cmoak1982 like this.