1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Culley and Watson actually supposedly hit it off really well at the pro bowl either last year or the year before. FWIW.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Does that make NRG one big Sunday collection basket?

NotInMyHouse, Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  3. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Is all this religious crap the reason the roof at NRG was open so much last year? So God can look down upon his creation?

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Right and hopefully either with a combo of TK can talk him back into the fold. But from DW4’s standpoint, sounds like he felt misled during the GM search and that Cal had no interest in talking to Saleh at all and only EB after $hit hit the fan.

texans1095 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

The plan is to send both candidates home, get together to pray on it and make a decision.

Sham GM search
    Sham coach search
    Sham franchise

Never about finding the “best” candidates, just candidates we’re comfortable with, we’re familiar with, those that think exactly like me/we do.

Good Christian men, “great men of faith”, willing to go to church on Sunday, willing to pray with me, “great leaders of men”.

Coaches no one wanted.
    65 year old WR coach
    66 year old retread
    61 year old DC

“Yeah but he really hit it off at the Pro Bowl with Culley!” ... lulz
    “Yeah but we’re gonna keep his OC Tim Kelly!” ... lulz

McClain/Scarface (has anyone seen them in the same room together at the same time?) gonna go 0fer.

JACk EasterBy WIlL NoT bE inVOLved iN ThE Gm seArCh
    gM wIll dEciDe jaCk’S fAte
    jAcK wIll QuieTlY fadE iNtO THE bAckGROunD
    DEshAUN waTsoN wIlL Not Be tradED. absoLuTELy NoT.
    we waNT DeSHaun’s InPuT. hE wIll bE INvolVed.

Paid for a search committee LOL
    Put together another fake committee LOL

Saw their greatest player in franchise history rip them to shreds. “Stand your ground! Texans are known for wasting careers!” aka GTFO of there Deshaun!
    Saw their other greatest player in franchise history apologize for wasting a year of his career. He’ll probably wants out/will be gone too.
    Saw Arian Foster rip them.
    QB wants out.
    Jamey Rootes is probably leaving after 21 years.
    Fired their PR

Cal be like “This is fine. Everything is fine! Passionate people! 4 & 99 totally aligned! It’s a great day to be a Texan! Now let us pray...”

LOL **** ‘em all.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm becoming emotionally disconnected. Waiting for the divorce papers from Watson....

All you that still remain fans, just know that you're rooting for the laughingstock of the league. The equivalent of the Sportscenter Not Top 10.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That's my take as well. So now they are talking to two "old" minority coaches who meet the "Easterby requirements" (good Christian black men who will be submissive to massa er, Cal & Jack) and this is supposed to assage Watson. Riiiight... I must admit that my first impression upon seeing that Frazier and Culley were the frontrunners for the job brought to mind Les Alexander's hiring of Mike D'Antoni - another "old" coach who wasn't on any other team's radar at the time. At this point, I simply can't stop laughing at the absurdity of it all.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  8. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I demand they change their team name. As a native Texan, having that name on this dumpster fire of a team is offensive. This front office is the antithesis of what it means to be a Texan.

Sell the team or change the name. I don't care how many billions he has, he doesn't deserve to have both the team and that name.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I understand that the idea of being “done” with a franchise gets thrown around a lot when fans are pissed, but if Cal hires one of those lame HC’s and then Deshaun ultimately gets traded, I’m done.

I will not watch another game until the McNair’s are either dead or sell.

I have a group that tries to make one road game a year (we’ve been to GB, Seattle, and KC), I am going to tell them if we do another trip I won’t go to the game. Seriously.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

my feelings exactly. I'm not engaging in any trade discussions/rebuilding discussions because I simply don't care. If/when it gets to that, I'll be gone

Two Sandwiches and treyk3 like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Culley, Easterby, and McNair are in a circle holding hands praying.

15. Fiah

Fiah Member

Cal trying to sell Culley.."He worked with Andy Reid for a decade!"

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think a lot of us are right there.

I was actually looking forward to the process this offseason thinking that it would be a step in the right direction. Was happy for a distraction from the then Harden drama, and then I landed right into this.

I think my Sundays are going to be a lot more free going forward.

Two Sandwiches, 3Rings and rhino17 like this.
  17. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

This taking so much longer than the other teams because they're looking for someone who will fit into their culture instead of create his own culture. Easter Bunny has convinced Cal that Cal is the one creating a culture, setting the tone, that this will be his baby. Building Cal up to be this great catalyst is very appealing for a guy who's spent his entire life in his father's shadow. Thanks to Easter Bunny, Cal probably sees himself like Jerry Jones or Al Davis, but a good shepherd version instead. Is there any doubt why they're after has-beens and never-wases? They're trying to get someone that fits in their box, not a young gun who will chart his own course.

3Rings likes this.
  18. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I agree completely. I was very much looking forward to this off-season. I thought for sure they’d hire a GM and coach that were the opposite of the Patriots way, and that they’d let go of Easterby. Oops. I’ve watched this team almost every Sunday since the beginning, but this might be the first year that changes.

I doubt I can just completely give up following the team, but I plan to invest my energy in another team until Easterby is gone and things change, if that ever happens.

I’m thinking of following the Chargers this year. Herbert looks good, Staley is at least interesting and exciting, and I won’t feel like I’m hopping on the best team in the league just to experience success, although I do like and respect the Chiefs.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Instead of hiring the assistant coach that actually won a superbowl with Andy Reid, lets grab the one that didn't instead. Our franchise is stupid as fk, no wonder waston wants out.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member