1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Perhaps the reason people hold Dame in higher regard as a basketball player is because in any debate a certain amount of people are bound to be stupid.

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

No Dame doesnt quit. He may be bad sometimes be he doesnt full out quit. It's not stupid to tell the truth.

Sanctity likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

No sane person thinks Dame is better then Harden

Reeko, Sanctity, emoreland and 6 others like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Multiple reports of Andre Drummond wanting to secure a buyout to join the Nets. That would be huge for them. Solidifies the rebounding, he’s a capable interior defender and he’s added a little range to his shot. If they land him they could certainly beat LA in a series.

5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Ok. Dame also can’t carry Hardens jock- so there’s that. If you want to argue you’d rather watch or root for Dame- cool- I get that.
    But, if the argument is that your team would have more success with Dame than Harden- well- see my first response.

Rocket River and HP3 like this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

THATS NOT WHAT I ****ING SAID.

CHI likes this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Stop putting words in my mouth I didnt say he was better learn to ****ing read.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You guys don't even understand the difference between "better" and "more respected." I don't know if Lillard is more respected than Harden. But if you want to defend Harden, at least argue on point.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

The nets have been sitting on 2-3 open roster spots. It's only a matter of time until they fill out their team with guys from buyouts and trades that will absolutely address their depth weakness atm. And yeah those are definitely coming.

Reeko, MettaWorldPete and ksny15 like this.
  11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Wonder how much money he's willing to leave on the table and since he's expiring pretty sure they could get something back for him.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's sad to see how much DeAndre has fallen. The man even had the cojones to want to clear out Capela prior to any term of joining the Rockets. That was less than 2 seasons ago and what a mistake that would of been. He looks like he is in good shape but now too old and washed up to contribute? Heck I think his older mentor Dwight Howard has more to offer at this very moment.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

WOW Their only problem is defense this could be huge.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Drummond goes to BK, then it’s a wrap

he alone addresses most of their needs...only other thing they’d need is another perimeter defender and maybe somebody useful to further bolster the bench

DJ would move to the bench where he belongs and still be way better than Reggie Perry who they’ve been forced to give minutes to even tho he doesn’t even look like an NBA caliber player

Joe Rocket likes this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They will easily compete with LA if they land Dre. They could use some perimeter defense too so I expect them to sign RHJ or MKG for the vet min. People are counting them out because they don’t have much in the form of tradable assets but they can easily improve that team with buyouts because guys will want to play there for a chance at a ring plus if you are a big you will get toms of PT.

My prediction is they trade for McGee
    Dre gets his buyout and signs with Brooklyn
    They sign MKG or bring back RHJ

They go from a depleted team to pretty deep fast.

Reeko and chadyang like this.
  16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Drummond isn't an elite rim protector or pnr defender, but he is the best available.

Furthermore he is a great rebounder something the nets desperately need.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Premature. Never count on a regular season elite offense ran by Harden to be the same in the playoffs. Rocket fans should understand this by now. So I don't know if their offense will be elite in the playoffs with a lot of iso ball and standing around and Harden sulking in tight games where he's clanking shots. If the Nets are going to survive in the playoffs and actually make the finals and compete against the Lakers, Durant has to go fuego because he can't rely on Harden to show up in tight games in the playoffs when defenders press, double and harrass more.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They will easily compete with LA if they land Dre. They could use some perimeter defense too so I expect them to sign RHJ or MKG for the vet min. People are counting them out because they don’t have much in the form of tradable assets but they can easily improve that team with buyouts because guys will want to play there for a chance at a ring plus if you are a big you will get toms of PT.

My prediction is they trade for McGee
    Dre gets his buyout and signs with Brooklyn
    They sign MKG or bring back RHJ

They go from a depleted team to pretty deep fast.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He doesn’t have to be elite he just can’t be a negative out there which is what DJ currently is. He will provide adequate rim defense. But yeah the rebounding will be absolutely huge. Plus he is a legitimate scorer now.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

DJ isn't a negative. he plays and understands his role completely. And thats exactly what guys after the big 3 need to do. The issue is at this stage of his career he can't play big minutes every night. They just need a viable backup or even spot starter if needed, to soak up the remaining 20 mins or so when hes not in the game.

the possibility of drummond on the nets would probably move the nets from the 2nd favorite title odds to overall favorite.

HP3 likes this.