1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

It’s insane. I’m literally refreshing the page waiting for the Frazier hire to break and the ensuing embarrassment and $hit storm to follow.

Nook and stevel like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

I totally agree with you, **** anyone who says otherwise.

#2462 Buck Turgidson, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Verbal Christ likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rev X needs to show up at the Texans offices - kick in the doors and say "I come in the name of Jesus by the power of the holy spirit and he told me to start kicking some ass"

J.R. likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sounds like it will be EB then

Rudyc281, Chilly_Pete and treyk3 like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Why would Culley be the hire?

He literally went to Baltimore for a chance to be the OC and still hasn't reached that.

I could see Culley being hired as the OC here but then again, nothing with the organization makes sense.

I think it's EB at the end of the day despite what anyone in the media is saying.

EB with Culley as OC and Tim Kelly as the pass game coordinator and TE coach .

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Culley has a nice pedigree, having worked with Andy Reid for many years and now John Harbaugh. I think it's clear that McNair wants a 'father-figure' type teacher/motivator to lead the team. Makes sense, to help quell the recent player uprisings.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Maybe if McNair were to stop being such a dumb ass that would help too.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000%

And actually real coaches too actually coach this team up and get back to basic fundamentals.

Eric B
    Frazier
    Culley
    Caldwell

Decades and decades of real NFL coaching and each bring a real identity.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

David Culley would be HILARIOUS

Nook, Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I cant tell, is David Culley black or white?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Is Watson a culley fan?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So McNair hires his Jack Pardee... still have to find Kevin Gilbride, Jim Eddy, and/or Buddy Ryan...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I prefer him to Frazier just because he doesn't have the same agent as Easterby, Caserio and Tim Kelly. If Frazier is hired, Cal has basically given control of the organization to Bob LaMonte. It would be a public cuckholding.

I still cannot see him getting this job but I can see him being hired as OC without a coach in place. It is a promotion and would therefore not be blockable by the Ravens. It would make sense to hire him now as the OC and Assistant HC so he could go out to the Senior Bowl. EB would be the clear hire at that point but it is not allowed to be announced until after the SB.

He's black.

DVauthrin and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Supposedly he is....I believe it was Aaron Wilson who said they made quite the bond at the pro bowl last year I believe.

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Besides incompetent management (definitely a possibility with Cal McNair), if the Texans really wanted to hire Culley as their head coach, why wait two weeks after the Ravens were eliminated from the playoffs to interview him again? Culley was free to interview for a second time last week, and the Texans had no reason to wait.

If it was going to be Frazier as soon as the Bills were eliminated, why interview Culley for a second time today? Plus, if they were sold on Frazier after the second interview, something would have broken last night. Employers that decide on their top choice don’t interview other people for the same role the next day.

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

That's the beauty of it, nobody can tell. He's kinda beige. That way Watson gets his black guy, Cal gets his white guy, everyone is happy!

Nook, primtim24 and El_Conquistador like this.
  18. gucci888

If it's not EB, guess Culley gives us a better shot at keeping DW4? No idea but would rather take a shot a Culley than a retread.

treyk3 likes this.
  19. gucci888

Texans are either playing 3D chess or have no idea what the f*ck is going on. Latter more likely.

DVauthrin and treyk3 like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I honestly don't want any of the guys listed as potential hires outside of EB, but Culley would be my best of the worst list.

1. EB

That's the list.

but of the Culley, Caldwell and Frazier, at least Culley would be getting his first shot.

I think EB is the hire. Caserio is doing a great job controlling leaks so far. It's not like culture can change overnight. Hopefully we look back at these last few weeks in a year and think that the team surprised us all.

Rudyc281 likes this.