1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, I love this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 23, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

3. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

This Team is good, and partially fun cause of the Young guns and because everyone is working Hard. But- like Last Game vs Wiz. Offensively there is so much to do. It was just 1 Game but our New BC was awful. No offbsll movement and lots of dumb iso and contested jumper.

D is average, perimeter D was awesome but the inside D- uh...below average.
    And Overall we are far away from being a contender.

pr0wler and MultipleSauces like this.
  4. MultipleSauces

Stone is exploiting an inefficient part of the market, hoarding injured players buying low and selling high baby let’s go rockets

pr0wler, Mr.Pringles and Patience like this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

I can comment on how poorly the Rockets played against a rock bottom team and how I don't love their crappy play during 3.5 quarters of a single game while still being happy they won. If you don't like it tough luck. Get over it.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

D is not "average." Look at the Wizards this season. They haven't scored under 100 and we kept them to under 90.

Mr.Pringles likes this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

?

Never even seen this show, should have used the Joker meme instead.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Gotta keep thuggin it out for a couple months getting guys like Eric Gordon, Vic, ect have hood trade value during the deadline. Also less time for Mason Jones so we can trick him on this next contract.

GotGame15 and clos4life like this.
  9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

LMAO, it was in jest. You have to admit they looked like utter **** in the first 3 quarters.

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Fair point. I just hate this stage of the process, i.e. the energetic mediocre team.

roslolian likes this.
  11. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

I think we'd have better odds for a ring with Harden. I'll enjoy it a lot more if this group gets one, though. Obviously we lost a top 3 player in the league, but we upgraded at 1 and 5, and arguably got better from a coaching standpoint. If we stay healthy I think the team fits together better now than it did with James.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

With 7 of their guys out. This is definitely not a championship team and the only thing I can hope for is that we've built assets. Stone is actually doing a good job with the culture reset. Credit to Silas as well.

HP3 likes this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I don't care. They had their two playmakers.

There is simply no argument that our defense has not played well. We are literally #4 in defensive efficiency.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/defensive-efficiency

I'm done with people saying what this team "isn't." They haven't played enough together to show anyone who they are.

hakeem94, roslolian and ipaman like this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Don't let the haters hate. Great post, keep it up!

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

To be fair the Rockets have always been under dogs although they have been tagged as "contenders" when the opponent has 4 all stars our team of 1-2 all stars is still mediocre, they just overachieved thanks to Harden's greatness. .

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it could of been worse, that nonenergetic diva could of still been here making us look fat

17. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Nwaba, Wall, and Cousins all acquired at all-time low's producing way more than their opportunity cost. I like it.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Morey never avoided developing young talent. GTFO. Morey followed the mandate from the owner. Rebuild while remaining competitive. He never had high draft picks nor was he ever allowed to "blow it up" like we just did.

HP3 likes this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Bullcrap and shocking coming from you the only HOF to ever exist. He let go of Wood, Whiteside, RoCo, drafted Royce White, did not draft Gasol, he had Batum and traded his rights, traded Lowery, he paid Ryan Anderson lol, drafted Morris right before Kawhi another HUGE failure. Morley is not god, he did some good things and did some stupid **** too. That doesn't include the off the court BS either. I'm glad he and his ego are gone. Stone is quiet and confidently good so far.

GotGame15 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you not get that we were always in a win now situation so we NEVER had time to develop young talent? Whitside Lol. A bunch of teams let go of Woods. We literally brought in Kevin Porter Jr so I dont want to hear crap about Royce White. A lot of people missed Gasol. Who cares about Batum? Honestly. Lol trading Lowry got us James Harden. Ryan Anderson was paid market value at the time. And we would have gotten assets back using his contract if it wasnt for trash Tillman. Morris before Kawhi was bad but there are a lot of GMs that happens too. Morey has been great.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...of-trades-how-much-did-they-help-the-rockets/

Please with this crap. Rafel Stone has done next to nothing and he cant hold Morey's jock.

BamBam likes this.