1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 1/26/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2021.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Finally a post of reason.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

To all those clamoring for Boogie to start ahead of Wood.

Reminder of how an All Star caliber 5 finishes around the rim is supposed to look like.

bro2044 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nwaba's rejections are always vicious.

Nwaba is the real deal.

#1483 D-rock, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Can we receive it in 2023?

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was my first time watching him and I didn't like him at all. I'm just hoping to see the reason he's a starter soon.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree! I like him better than Dipo.
    But, I have only seen Dipo one game and Nwaba 2 games. In other words, this isn't based on history or future. Just consider it a personal, 2 game opinion ramble of the mouth.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Go Ego! Go Ego! Go Ego! Don't stop now!

saleem likes this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

Unfortunate that this was the first game to see him play. He’s actually the most skilled offense player we have on the squad right now...and he plays both ends.
    Hope he plays better, increases his value, so we can make a move at the deadline

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Go back and watch his debut. 32 points. He has good skills especially with a mobile big man beside him.

11. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I just recently created a Twitter cause Roosh said it was fun to get on during Rockets games...how the hell does Westbrook have fanboys still?

they are ridiculous, I was reading some of their timelines because I woke up too early, and they have no sense of reality

joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.
  12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Nwaba has really grown on me. Early in the season he was playing erratic and poorly on offense and just didn't seem to fit in. Now, his defense has been excellent, his shooting much more consistent, and his aggressiveness a welcome part of the offense.

hakeem94, ElPigto and saleem like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Am I tripping or did Beal have a moment with Wall at halftime that Im going to totally interpret as Beal wanting to be a Rocket!?!?

Get er dun Stoney!!!

Seriously though - Wall looked NICE. His hallmark behind the back layup was DOPE! Boogie is starting to become consistent.

On the Danny Downer side of things why is PJ still here and getting huge minutes? 2 rebounds. Thats it! He's not playing high level defense either Stone needs to move him down the road and open up more playing time for the youngsters.

No lie this is kinda fun!

joshuaao, Hakeemtheking and saleem like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

15. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Dipo is really rusty, he can't seem to get in any sort of rhythm and his shot has been erratic. If there is any chance he is not committed here we definitely need to trade him, would suck if he walks for free after this year.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

clos4life and BasketMAD like this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

To me it's moreso about how we play versus who we play regarding Houston Rockets basketball. Who we play does matter though.

18. DLT

DLT Member

I will say this as a Wiz fan. Gilbert Arenas was a stud with no fear, even dropping 60 on Kobe in LA but he was always scared of Iverson. It was the only player in the league where he was submissive to. You could tell that it wasn't about basketball. It was about what Iverson represented.

Wall too has no fear and will go at anyone but the 1 guy he always seemed scared of was Russ. Again, it's not about basketball. You can tell he's always submissive. The only time he wasn't, I think was there very last meeting which was probably 3 or 4 years ago.

Wiz have a b2b so I was hoping Russ sat this game but he played and it again looked like Wall didn't have any fear. That's a great sign. Wall goes at guys like Dame and Steph. He was also going to force it more, being it was his first game against the Wiz.

I honestly look for him to start putting it all together next game with points and assist. Again, dude has played zero in 2 years, only half the season the year before, and is still being in and out of the lineup with a new system. He will take it up a notch and will be more in command very soon with his overall floor game

joshuaao, TWS1986 and JayGoogle like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what happened

[​IMG]

What Beal's thinking

[​IMG]

h/t

#1500 heypartner, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    bro2044, joshuaao, cdxiong and 3 others like this.