1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I respect all religion, but i honestly don't like how some like to force their beliefs aggressively onto everyone else.

Like no one would complain if easterby just practice his religion peacefully by himself, i don't need a wanna be priest influencing how our franchise is being run.

Like good character and good values are what u look in a player, since u can count on him not getting suspended for illegal activity, but this easterby influence was prob what got hopkins traded. He wasn't "faithful" in his relationship...... religion hypocrisy.

Saleh being outright ignored b/c? prob conflicting religion.

I don't know how a team in modern time can still b so fking closed minded. I hear the accusation of racism being thrown at this team, but i think it's hogwash. Not racist, but incompetent at human relationship in general.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yes; true - it's very common but can very obviously be a crutch if overused. But don't you EVER insult beauty pageant contestants like that again!

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Religion has been co-opted in this country; it is now too often a cloak to hide intolerance and hatred. Are the McNairs racist? Certainly not in the white hood/burning cross way - but they absol****inglutely believe their faith in their god makes them superior to those that don't practice or adhere to the conveniently-selected morals they deem important.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Co-opted?

I mean I know a lot of people in this country pretend this isn't true, but have you read the Bible? If you are TRULY a "Christian" it means that you believe Jesus died on the cross and is the only way to heaven. If you believe that, like you honestly believe that, you believe the vast majority of the world, let alone the country, is going to spend eternity burning in hell.

Now, not all self-identified Christians believe that, but it's because of co-opting the parts of Christianity they like into a new movement and ignoring the parts they aren't comfortable with.

Hey Now! and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Like Jehovas Witnesses? There seems to be more confusion with Christianity and its "levels" among the initiates than any other religion. Sadly. so many Christians I know cant even discern the Abrahamic religions and how close they really are in ideals, but yet in their minds so far apart that even shedding blood is seen as hallmark of piety.

There is a very good reason why religion and politics have no room in a professional, business environment - its counter productive.

Hey Now! likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

You can run your business like a business or you can run your business like a Younglife retreat.

Hey Now! likes this.
  7. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I know this is somewhat tangential to the larger point, but I would hold off on generalizing what does and doesn’t make someone a self-identified Christian. Maybe you worded it poorly, but as it stands it is insulting and frankly shows a lack of understanding of historical Christianity.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

I will chime in here because I think I have a lot of experience. The impact of Christianity here is not what most are thinking it is. A big factor in Western Christianity is relationships. Relationship with God, relationship with your neighbors, and relationship with other Christians. I think what is at play here is that the McNairs (Cal, Hannah, Janice, or all three) probably have a deep relationship with Easterby. It might even be as deep as Jack helped them to get to a spiritual experience that has changed their lives. Think of praying for, converting, or baptizing. There is a level of indebtedness that is there. To them, the value of that experience or relationship is bigger than business or money. They are willing to lose money and popularity over it because it is just that important to them. It is equivalent to if you owned a company and one of your employees saves your life or the life of a close loved one. That employee has job security for a long while.

The only hope Texans fans have is if Jack starts feeling remorseful about the heartache he is now causing the McNairs and decides to retire himself.

3Rings likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think McNair going Daniel Plainview on him is more likely than the false prophet showing repentance.

10. conquistador#11

Two of my favorite quotes from Deshaun mid season were, "No one is going to take my smile away from me." And "Them boys aint going nowhere"
    The first one, the Texans managed to do something not thought possible. The second one, he was alluding to the trades of Fuller and Cooks before the deadline. Now it applies to them boys, Jack and Cal. Everyone else, They gone.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

If that was going to happen, it would have happened already.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Daniel was evil, but he was smart. I don't think Cal was smart. How did bob McNair even make his money. Was he just a good salesmen?

treyk3 likes this.
  13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

He created a Cogeneration power company from scratch and sold it for $1.5 Billion to Enron. He then turned that into a successful Real Estate company and funded the Texans.

My wife's boss did a few deals with him, and he was highly, highly intelligent when it came to traditional businesses. Of course, my wife's boss wasn't a football player either.

The dumbest thing I can remember him doing was the "Inmates running the prison" statement, which is a misuse of the idiom "Inmates running the asylum".

BigM likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I say we fire him and then trade Watson for whatever we can get

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  15. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Easterby still has a job??

16. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Jack Easterby isn't getting fired so instead we have to come up with a way to make him quit.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Convince him that we saw Jesus in a piece of toast and that he spoke to us and told us that football was a sin.

18. Nook

Nook Member

It is funny that you all really believe Easterby is a Christian.

Rudyc281, Joshfast, 3Rings and 2 others like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I believe that Easterby thinks that he is a Christian.

Like the kid in school who bullies the **** out of everyone but does so with a giant cross necklace and a WWJD bracelet.

Nook and havoc1 like this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

You have a better chance convincing him Cal is the anti-Christ