1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo wants Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fantasma Negro, Jan 15, 2021.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm trying to remember Luke Kennard looking as slick as Herro has in a pro game, utilizing ISO and Pick & Roll.

Being 4 years older than Herro, I still can't think of one instance.

Aside from being white, it seems to me that they are entirely different, especially in style of play.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

wasn’t trying to make a random trade; was just throwing out there ‘what I (think) I know’.

3. Chamillionaire

What is he supposed to say?

4. Sanity2disChaos

I literally laughed out loud!!

he’s good just not great. High end rotation player. Guess like a EG lite!!

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

that’s funny, because Luke kennard averaged 16/4/4 last year and was 80th percentile as the pick and roll ball handler. Some would call that Tyler herro like numbers. Except they would be wrong, herro was 25th percentile out of the pnr- garbage.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/ball-handler/#!?SeasonYear=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=TEAM_ABBREVIATION&dir=-1

joshuaao and jiggyfly like this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Also I realize points rebounds and assists are just box score stats and do not tell the whole story, there’s a slew of advanced stats that would provide more context. That would be a great argument if herro wasn’t absolutely ASS at all the advanced stats too...

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Being white might be his saving grace. If he was black he would be a poor man’s tyreke Evans and no one would’ve bothered with a second look.

8. MC31B

MC31B Member

Unless Miama blows us out of the water with a trade offer then the trade makes no sense. Why would we potentially trade ourselves out of the lottery? I'm hoping for gary harris plus 2 first for dipo and Tucker.

ilias likes this.
  9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He could just be incredibly generic with his answers. "We'll be in close communication with Vic during free agency. We're keeping all of our options open. Focusing on the season and making the playoffs. Will continually work on improving the team. Blah blah blah". Not incredibly noteworthy, but seeing them praise him and say that want him around long-term is a bigger compliment than I thought they'd give. The Rockets might actually like Vic and want him to stay. My guess is he's here past the deadline unless a contender ponies up for him. He may still be able to get us assets in the offseason if he decides to leave, if he goes via sign and trade.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting.

So the data you are pulling is all from Herro's lone season as a rookie, at 20 years old. Regular season stats too?

I find the more interesting aspects of Herro as a prospect are the 21 playoff games he played. Not only the numbers, but the ways that he did it, and who he did it to. The combination of confidence, combined with the insane work ethic that makes Jimmy blush. I'd love to see how Silas would use him, personally.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Real Max Player>>>>>>>>Oladipo

13. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Always the same trip with you, always about race

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I never really wanted him either. I ain’t down for a half ass rebuild. I want a bunch of badass young players ball out and be mentored by these vets who are revitalizing their careers. I want a core unit who want to stay together And play for each other and win championships. You see, if you play for yourself, you ain’t ever gonna win. Lebron is literally carrying on Kobe’s Lakers legacy! All that matters is that he really believes that and he’s on his way to a back-to-back.

sydmill and burlesk like this.
  15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He's been so bad since the first game... you can't give him a max playing like this.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

wellbye.gif

Chamillionaire and burlesk like this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Dafaq iv never replied to you in my life, when have I ever said anything about race?

18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Unless you can snag a few first round picks out of a deal I think he just let him walk during free agency. No sense in taking back a contract that absorbs more salary unless it’s a really good young player. I’d much rather see the Rockets stockpile draft picks and have the money to sign an impact player during the off-season.

19. AB423

AB423 Member

Oladipo for Herro, get it done

Fulgore likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum