1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

davidio840 likes this.
  2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

AMC lol.. is this thing going up to 70 tomorrow?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, but in 2hrs or 4?

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

The volume on it is absolutely bonkers . Over 450m
    Kicking myself for selling early. I might just fomo it tomorrow

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A shame I got stopped out of SPCE. Even that thing was moving up. LOL.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Good chance GME runs wild again tomorrow

short interest is still high, sec lawyers freaking out, and the WSB Reddit page smells blood in the water.

I would buy in that first dip tomorrow when the shorts try to kill the train.

Could easily see this thing running to 400 tomorrow.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

One of our clueless friends just texted us to ask if we are playing GME or any of the craziness. We said yes. He said he's firing up his robinhood account tomorrow. I don't know if it's the top, but it's the top. Maybe 1 more day, but with him jumping in the game that's pushing it.

CCity Zero and The Real Shady like this.
  8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sweet, looks like some of my AMC calls will pay off tomorrow.

However whenever market mechanics get broken like this something bad is about to happen. Might pick up some QQQ puts as a hedge.

Ziggy and CCity Zero like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is this going to be the new GME? Because I'm down for a trip to the moon.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Good points from Tom lee. Retail has trillions in bonds, shift a bit of that to stonks and it's go time. Retail waking up to the fact that getting 7% yield on junk bonds is terrible risk/reward.

CCity Zero and Rodman23 like this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I watched that earlier today and love Tom Lee, but I'm still trying to grasp the idea of "retail has trillions and they'll dump it into stonks". I always heard millenials and noobs don't have money (thanks to everybody that ever lived before them), so they surely don't have money in bonds. I doubt granny and grandpa are dumping their retirement money into stonks. I don't think most people are able to buy individual stonks using their 401k's (although some can through things like Fidelity/BrokerageLink). So where are all these trillions from the retail investor coming from? What am I missing? lol. And btw, I doubt most retail would even invest in junk bonds unless it's in something like HYG. Or maybe I'm wrong ... dunno.

I do think a lot of retail will probably pile into the market with more money in general, though. I just don't know if it's out of bonds. It may be a different case for the institutional investor. I just hope when retail comes in, it isn't on the tail-end of all this because it usually is. Dotcom bubble, bitcoin run of 2017'ish, etc. -- once your mom starts talking about it, you know it's probably about to die. lolol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

These pumpers are gonna crash the market eventually

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

My assumption was that the bonds are within bond funds mixed with b and a grade bonds. When I was a noob I bought these bond funds too as my bank (that I've been using since I was a kid) has been aggressively pushing them, classified as "low risk, moderate growth" fund, something like that. Bank app has gotten slick and easy to use track for people without time. I'm a working gen-x, I think a lot of ppl in my gen have been using these for sometime now.

Traditional investment advice has also been to buy an etf and a bond fund. Bond funds have actually worked out well recently due to falling interest rates, but they can't go lower...

Edit: my journey over last year started with y am I paying extra management fees to the bank when I can just buy the same etfs and bond funds within their fund, to my etfs are crashing, sell etfs and buy puts, to market is recovering buy individual growth stocks to max gains, to penny stocks can double in day based on stock twits trending! Hahaha

#13973 saitou, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice on amc! I actually have shares this time but wish I had contracts, my options plans have been off lately.

I'm interested to see what happens.

The Real Shady likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's basically what old-school investing was. Invest in mutual funds or etfs (now) that follow something like the S&P 500 or total stock market index and throw some bonds in there to be diversified, but everything I heard about the younger and middle-aged (less than 40 crowd anyway) was that not many were putting money in the market, so really had no money in funds. Most of the Robinhood crowd, from what I understood, only got on there recently because of the layoffs and financial issues and weren't really saving all that much to begin with. I had also heard that the majority of households that owned stocks (I'm including ETFs and mutual funds) are the wealthy, so maybe they'll dump bonds and go into riskier investments as a group, I guess. In the future, the younger generation will participate more, though.

Right now, there's really no place to actually save and earn a safe interest, so everybody is betting on more risky investments like the market. I'm still wary that the one thing that may jack up all this "free money" may be a rise in interest rates, but apparently that won't be happening too soon.

lol. Yeah, buying and paying stupid fees to companies is dumb when you can buy equivalent etf's or mutual funds with low expense ratios on your own -- especially when they're index funds or something. Of course, then we all feel dumb when it crashes and go back to looking for great and safe CD rates earning 0.6% because we're too scared to invest in stocks again. :D Come to think of it, that's what happened with a lot of people after the 2008 financial crash and the 2001 crash. :eek: We're just seeing people come back after those in the US markets.

saitou likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

AMC trading around $11.60 and GME around $285. Lol

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Make that GME over $315 now... :D

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i couldn't resist. bout 1 whole share of gme to support the cause; also bought 100 amc and 100 bb ytd lol.

Ziggy, CCity Zero and AWIN like this.
  19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

oh man, missed out

Ziggy likes this.
  20. AWIN

AWIN Member

Hey hedge funds and your naked shorts...