1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. conquistador#11

Religion shouldn't even play that big of a role in the political atmosphere let alone the NFL. It's just so outlandish that someone would want to build a 'front office' full of 'faith family and football'. That's an actual quote. Who wakes up one day in life and says this is what I want to do, integrate an NFL team with religion. Bonkers. College teams that's different.

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

You love Cal McNair. Ok.... I love Robert Sarver and James Dolan.

Nook likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

I’m sure there’s something good and I’m just missing it at the moment but what good has Cal done since taking over?

(Sorry, firing Bill after destroying the franchise doesn’t count. “Yeah son, you crashed the car and burned the house down but at least you called nine-one-one!”)

Nook, itzIce, couple of d's and 2 others like this.
  5. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Looking back, we were all so excited when Cal fired Bill.... but in reality, Jack Easterby overtook O’Brien in power, exed him out, and he’s a puppet master and he has Cal on strings.
    I’ve come to accept the fact that we will hire a mediocre coach, trade Deshaun, because this is who we’ve become.
    My only hope is that once Cal and Jack Easterby take this “cult” culture too far, the NFL will step in and force Cal to sell.

Looks like we’re gunna have to buckle up or jump out of a moving car going 80 on 610....there’s a wreck happening

conquistador#11, Rudyc281 and mario_v like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Kinda weird that we haven’t heard anything about Frazier’s in person interview yet. @Whenitsover you heard anything else?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. FEDEXROCKETS13

Jr i have a article on Twitter from 2 hrs ago from a texan source saying they will wait till after super bowl to make hc decision can you locate that tweet and post it i have no clue how to

9. FEDEXROCKETS13

Its from texans daily si.com

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I got you. I'm not sure I agree with the premise though. They can re-interview EB if they request him again this week. We should know what's the move by tomorrow evening.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just because I’m a bot doesn’t mean I can find these random tweets. There’s billions of tweets out there. :D

SI: “And as it stands, our educated guess is they will make a final decision after the Super Bowl.”

Yeah, I just don’t think so. It’ll be this week, Caldwell or Frazier.

#2451 J.R., Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Verbal Christ and treyk3 like this.
  12. FEDEXROCKETS13

Thank you fellas appreciate it

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

IF... and it’s a BIG, HUGE IF.... we somehow walk away from this thing with Bieniemy....

Nick Caserio deserves all the praise. Because it likely means he had the nuts to stand up on a table and say to Jack and Cal that he signed a 30 million dollar contract to make these decisions and he will make them.

very unlikely but damn it’d be badass

15. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

610 has been going into the toilet for the longest time as well. The only reason to listen to them is for those few occasions when Seth Payne can't hold back calling out McClain on his lazy "reporting". It also shows how out of the touch the national media is, since most of them hold McClain in high regard.

mario_v, houston19519 and J.R. like this.
  16. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

EB to Texans confirmed.

desihooper, Fulgore and treyk3 like this.
  17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Only makes sense if they want to have a face to face with EB.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I have a bad feeling they will announce a hire tomorrow and it's going to be followed by an official trade request. I hope this feeling is wrong.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Same here. Can’t reiterate it enough...f*ck Cal, f*ck Easerby, and Caserio can go get f*cked too.

Nook, Buck Turgidson and treyk3 like this.
  20. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

There are much bigger problems out there that should garner my attention, yet this is the crap that's stressing me out the most. I've wasted so much money on this organization, but that doesn't bother me as much as all the damn time I've put into this team. In one fell swoop Cal and his backward ideology are just tearing it all down. I said it once and I'll say it again, football just isn't fun anymore.

arkoe and mario_v like this.