1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

Wonder if I should pick up some plug?
    I like going in after offerings. (see NNDM).

I went back into GME yest. So let's go!! Will consider selling at $1000. Should be enough gains for an entire year. :D

Cokebabies and AWIN like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If the government goes after anybody, it'll be people with huge followings, I would think. But then, SEC/trading laws are so ancient, who knows what, if anything will come of this.

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If they want to avoid more short squeezes, they should just ban short selling imo. If ppl want to bet the other way theres always options/cfds.

Sajan and adoo like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know, but I like how my trash FCEL keeps going up with it even though they didn't really report great earnings or anything. It's like "oh PLUG is up? Then me, tooooo!" Crazy market.

Sajan likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Holy **** just checked it... may get back in tomorrow! LOL

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I don't follow plug, but Nndm's last rounds were all direct offerings to institutions and funds like ark, not public offerings. For example after one of the offerings, nndm appeared in another ark etf the next day. For a micro cap, institutional investment was seen as positive validation of a high tech company with almost zero revenue. That's y nndm rebounded so quickly after every new round.

Dr of Dunk and Ziggy like this.
  8. AWIN

AWIN Member

Infinity squeeze the F out of them boys!

Sajan and Ziggy like this.
  9. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Nobody gonna talk about the 12% gain CLOV had today? I wonder if it is related to Chamath announcing his run for California governor. If he wins, I imagine he'd back legislation that is beneficial to CLOV.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think some of it is because Wood can be held to her statements whereas "random reddit handle" ... who is that? As long as you can get a following, you can spew any kind of bs and move a stock. If Cathy Wood does it, she's in trouble. I don't think not doing on their platform is the issue. I think they don't like the fact the typical moron is making money off a moronic move up on a dead stock. lol. I say more power to them. I'm not anti-CNBC because this really is stupid what's going on.

I first looked at WSB around January or February of last year, I think (?) and I saw some interesting "theses" posted but always asked myself "who the hell is this person?" lol. He could be a drunk off the street or he could be Jim Chanos, Bill Miller, etc. I've pretty much stayed away from it for now for that reason. I don't want to be easily swayed by my own ignorance and their "charisma". I don't know and also don't know my ignorance and don't want to be swayed by anonymous bozos. lol.

saitou likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I am out of the loop but can someone tell me what is happening with Gamestop? How

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Only you know that, my man. I don't know your finances or what your goals are. But if you think you've made a ton of money and want to take some off, I would. I think you said you got in in the $20's? Why not take some off and let the rest ride? Or take out what you put in and let the rest ride. I have a stop set up at around $50, I think. If it goes up, I move the stop up.

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gamestop was shorted beyond belief -- it was one of the most heavily-shorted stocks on the market.
    WallStreetBets reddit forum and peons decided to jump in and go long on the stock for a "home run" in the event shorts dumped the stock or GME's new CEO, CFO, etc. could turn the ship around.
    More jump on long when Chewy's former CEO talks like GME had a good future.
    People start saying XBox and PS5 will save GME
    Citron and people using common sense say no and double down on the shorts saying people long on the stock are idiots
    Idiots rise and beget more idiots ... idiots push stock up
    "Real smart dudes" and their egos get in the way and pile up the shorts
    Idiot manufacturing line set into motion as hype for WallStreetBets grows and more people jump on the long bandwagon. "Never underestimate the mind of an idiot" becomes the battlecry of the common man.
    Shorts are forced to cover their short positions by buying. This pushes the price of a garbage stock up.... and up ... etc.
    Chamath Pollywannacracker got money to burn, so he jumps in and says "I want you to tell me what to buy" ... people convince him to buy GME so he drops something like $200k on it.
    People love the Cult of Chamath, so they're now jumping in and pushing this.
    Elon Musk loves the attention and hates shorts and mentions GME positively, so ... all his battery-powered minions are probably piling on.

So now you have a stock that probably should be floundering like Blockbuster making a ton of money. I'm sure management in the company is looking to dump their shares as quickly as possible. LOL. :D

dmoneybangbang and jev5555 like this.
  15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For the past week, I put a limit buy order around $1.30, $1.50's (?), and yesterday had one at $1.99 for this thing. Of course when the market tanks yesterday, it gets down to like $2.01 and I missed it by 2 freaking cents. I'm usually not too greedy, but damn... at least 3 attempts to just buy it after-hours, and I tried to get in on a pullback that never did. Well, not enough of a pullback, anyway. I paid for that one. :) Nice job.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

yep but to be a little fair GME did announce a new business model in october https://news.gamestop.com/news-rele...es-multi-year-strategic-partnership-microsoft
    and ryan cohen kind of jumpstarted the whole thing https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/20/for...stop-to-become-the-amazon-of-video-games.html

what a historic thing to watch. APE STRONG TOGETHER

Sajan likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

GME up to $230+ ... lolol. It's up 200% on the day.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Fair enough.

I should drive around the GME parking lot since their HQ is not too far from me and see if I find any new lambos.... :D