1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

The Texans are literally using someone's religious beliefs as a prerequisite to hire someone. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is supposed to prohibit this from happening. All we have to do is prove this somehow and then we can boot Cal and his pious cronies out of there.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

While I somewhat agree - proving it would be almost impossible.

Nook and justtxyank like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Has Cal ever said anything publicly or even in private that would indicate he’s even religious in any way. Or, are we just assuming this because of Easterby?

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nothing has leaked about Frazier being the next head coach. That is a good sign at least.

Another thing. That McClain interview where he says the favorites are probably Culley, Frazier and Caldwell because they have gotten second interviews. It's like he's not even paying attention to this.

The Texans interviewed Eberflus and McCown without any media really knowing those interviews were coming. They are keeping a tight lid on this. Hopefully the next time we hear EB is when he's announced as the HC.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. conquistador#11

Replace the cheerleaders with a choir!

treyk3 likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Leslie Frazier is a deep man of faith...”
    “With Leslie Frazier’s faith, wholeheartedly he believes he can go in there and fix what’s wrong the Texans.”

**** YOUR CHURCH TEAM
    **** CAL MCNAIR
    **** JACK EASTERBY
    #FREEDESHAUN FROM THIS CULT

No problem if your religious but this is ****ing ridiculous.

Trade Hopkins because he’s not a cultural fit
    Fire fantastic PR person because she’s not a cultural fit
    Get rid of anyone who doesn’t think exactly like you, pray exactly like you, ...
    Next, Texans petition to play on any day but Sunday because Sunday is God’s day...
    “We are not America’s team, we are God’s team.” — Jack Easterby probably

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Texans during the draft:
    [​IMG]

Houston Football Team new logo:
    [​IMG]

#2428 J.R., Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  9. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Funny thing is Watson is a man of faith, he literally went to Israel to get baptized in the river Jordan about a year ago, and even he thinks this is too much. Seriously just change your name to the Puritans and be done with it.

Nook, gatsby, 3Rings and 6 others like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The ironic thing is, the way the Texans are being ran is the furthest thing from being in the image of God. It's simple minded piousness, greed and a room of people who close doors on those who disagree with them, the Texans organization is a closer resemblance to Satan than Jesus.

It's absolute insanity.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s why I don’t think it’s religion.
    He either sees the charlatan for a fraud or sees ineptitude at the top, wants to get out to “greener pastures”

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There's a lot. He promoted a preacher to EVP of his football team. When a decision is need to be made, Jack is known to grab McNair's hand and ask them to pray for guidance. When he hired Caserio, McNair raved about his devotion to faith and his family.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

I’ve held off writing this because I don’t want to insinuate I have insider connections (I don’t) and I have no clue why my brother heard anything as he doesn’t have any connections (that I’ve ever heard about) but he had a client that told him McNair doesn’t want anything to do with being an owner or running the team, he wants to collect checks and the reason Easterby has stayed on is because McNair wants him as the “de facto owner.”

Shoot the messenger if you want. I’ve never claimed to know anything about the Texans, Rockets or Astros. I do believe my brother because although we love all Houston sports, we have been so outside the sports loop and he has zero reason to lie.

14. conquistador#11

Completely forgot about that trip to Jordan.

Buck Turgidson and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Christianity doesn’t count. You are allowed to break all the laws as long as it’s Christianity and not something like Muslim.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

We are about to hire Leslie Frazier and trade Watson for Tua and our own first round pick. Because that is the most Texans thing possible. And I’m leaving after that. Because once again we make moves the whole league laughs at. Hell, even BR’s gridiron heights is making fun of us. Is so horrible and no one can hold them accountable. Sucks to have gotten so invested that this is actually depressing me.

houston19519 and mario_v like this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It makes sense... everything he’s said/done so far screams that he doesn’t want to be hands on, but he’s being pseudo-forced given that he tried to minimize Easterby’s role in the organization (even though its obvious Easterby is still very much involved in all aspects).

Bob McNair wasn’t all that hands on until his hands were forced. Let Casserly make all the (bad) decisions early on. Then turned things over to Kubiack who hired Smith to be his defacto GM. Then really let Smith run everything as they went after BOB.... who slowly but surely won the power struggle.

franchise403 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not even close! The most TEXAN thing to do would be to trade Watson to the Cowboys for Dak Prescott.

19. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

After all is said and done I would not be surprised if Cal McNair is left destitute. There is a perfect storm, Cal is just that stupid and Jack is just that conniving. Cal is going to be left with nothing, he has turned his back on the city and the city will do the same in return.

houston19519 likes this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No way, owning an NFL team in Houston is the easiest business to run in the world. You don't have to worry about revenue as it's always going to be there. You don't even need to put a competitive product on the field. If McNair were an owner of a regular business, it'd go bankrupt in a few years, but the Houston Texans aren't going anywhere. It's positive cash flow, guaranteed. Not to mention that the business will always be valued in the billions, even if the cupboard is bare. There will always be someone willing to pay billions to own an NFL team.

houston19519 likes this.