1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

My mid caps like crwd, net, sdgr getting hammered; mega caps sleeping, penny trash flying

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sure thing Grandpa.

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Nice call on this

STR8Thugg and AWIN like this.
  4. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

enphase is infuriating to me lately. wild swings post/pre market. was really steady climbing for a long time.
    GME with another 100% day. who would have thought lol. my lone share of middle finger to the big hedge funds is happy.

AWIN likes this.
  5. AWIN

AWIN Member

Anything under $420.69 is a discount, when do we add more is what all of us dumb enough to be in it should be asking ourselves.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People seem worried WSB really might get regulated. I cant see it. At all. Thoughts?

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

MSFT looks like a nice beat on earnings... wee...

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) reported quarterly earnings of $2.03 per share which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $1.64 by 23.78 percent

saitou likes this.
  9. Sajan

Sajan Member

Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD) reported quarterly earnings of $0.52 per share which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $0.47 by 10.64 percent

saitou likes this.
  10. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

Not sure if he bought in, but Elon just tweeted about it.

Ziggy likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There may be regulation out there that helps curb it, I don't know, but I don't know how they stop it from happening. If they scare away short sellers, that's probably bad for the market. My only issue is that there are probably some savvy people pushing ideas in those forums but acting like "the common guy". The anonymity makes for an interesting way to gather a group of people to push a trade. You don't necessarily have to worry about the SEC when you're "BigRocketMoonPLUG" posting as opposed to "Bob Smith who works for a trading firm". And I swear some of the people on WSB are just the same user under different id's talking to each other. lol.

WSB is basically a concentrated version of what Yahoo Forums and the like were during the dotcom bubble to me. It's happened before, but this is more focused on a stock and in 1 specific forum for now. As long as it doesn't hurt the market (running shorts out of the business), I don't care. But by the same token, don't come later and say the government didn't protect you. "I didn't knooooow..." :D

I'm curious to see if anything comes of it, though. If anything, they may go after a few individuals? I don't know on what charge, though.

12. AWIN

AWIN Member

They seem to have toned it down a notch when it comes to vocalizing their specific intentions.
    And it’s running more after hours!

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Elon tweeted about Etsy earlier, but not sure it did anything much for that stock because I don't think Etsy is shorted quite like the insane amount of shorts in GME. A lot of the action in GME is shorts being destroyed, not just "a buncha good guys" buying 10 shares.

Here's Chamath's tweet :

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

GME about to hit 200 in AH.

AWIN and Ziggy like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm thinking shorts are dumping whatever they had in it... lol.

Sajan likes this.
  16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

All the crying on cnbc makes me want to puke. How is it different from having Cathy wood going on cnbc constantly saying tsla to $5000. They have discussion panels where analysts give reaffirm each other's takes on a Stock. Stock promotion is THE GAME. They only dislike it when others do it on a platform other than theirs.

AWIN and Ziggy like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Elon hurt Etsy's price by forcing people like me that were holding to sell the news.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Legit concern. Just an FYI - the GME play can be sourced to Michael Burry and also "deep****ingvalue" on wsb - who's real identity is roaring kitty on YT I believe. Not a secret shadow poster.

Sajan likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You sold because Elon bought your stock?

Sajan likes this.