1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I wouldn’t speak in such a definite manner when talking about what the Rockets want. If Harris comes with draft considerations then they will consider it.

I don’t think Houston will be a FA destination for some time so cap space doesn’t do them much good.

Pairing Wood and Wall with Harris and possibly Dipo for the next 3 seasons isn’t the worst thing. It’s definitely a playoff caliber team if they are all healthy. The Rockets can try it out for a couple seasons and then move Harris if it doesn’t work out and (most likely) receive even more draft capital.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

continuing with this...

Wall / Jones
    Gordon / KPJ
    House / Brown
    Tate / KJ Martin
    Wood

After dealing PJ Tucker for the best return we can get, I would absorb Al Farouq Aminu into our Harden TPE. We should be able to get either a protected 1st or 2 2nds.

Wall / Jones
    Gordon / KPJ
    Tate / Brown
    Aminu / House / KJ Martin
    Wood

Free agents I would target:

Otto Porter Jr. - if he’s available at a reasonable price (<$15 million per)
    Nerlens Noel
    Isaiah Hartenstein

BallaDoc likes this.
  3. Boston84

Boston84 Member

saleem and D-rock like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The 3rd option is delusional. Only the 1st option makes some sense. House and Ben should be used in a different trade imo.

Boston84 likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Harris is signed for four years 34 million/year. I pretty sure I can assume the Rockets are not interested. I don't think anyone in their right minds are without significant draft assets like two good firsts for 76ers to unload the contract.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Exum and PJ Tucker for Kelly Oubre .

SF of the future. He's had a bad start but he has incredible talent. Friends with John Wall. Same age as Wood and Tate (who I see as long term fits). Would slot instantly into the starting role. Opens up a roster spot as well. Saves $2.5 Million this year. Hopefully the team would look to sign Oubre long term. Gets PJ to a really good situation. Everyone is happy I think. A crack at another young talent without having to give up picks.

Wall/ McLeMore/Jones
    Oladipo/Eric
    Oubre/House
    Tate/Nwaba
    Wood/Boogie

ilias, fattz, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  7. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

To add to this (because I think we would have to give up picks in the above scenario), because I really think Oubre on this team would be amazing.

Rockets get Kelly Oubre.

Warriors get Danuel House, PJ Tucker and Gary Harris.

Nuggets get Draymond Green.

GS save money, get cheaper replacements for Oubre, Dray and to a much lesser extent, Klay.

Nugs get a defensive win now anchor.

We get a young athletic wing.

It hurts thinking that we help make conference rivals better. But I think this is a win win win.
    We still have contracts and picks to move for a PF if Tate seems like a better option off the bench.

fattz likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's a slam dunk.

Stone is not looking for big salaries unless it's an expiring AND an asset attached for taking it.

But players like Tobias Harris, Zach Lavine, Jerami Grant, Larry Nance, even Aaron Gordon are all playing at high level recently and/or have prominent role for their respective teams and would require Rockets to give up FRP+ to acquire.

Need to target under the radar players who at present do not have prominent roles and/or not performing at high level for their respective teams.

Players with high upside like Kevin Porter Jr. - such as Mo Bamba (DNP all season behind Khem Birch), Matisse Thybulle (out of regular rotation), Frank Ntilikina (fallen behind Quickley due to injury), Harry Giles (behind Nurk, Collins, Kanter), Josh Jackson (struggling after removed as starter), etc.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Has GSW indicated any interest in PJ?

I know Minny, Boston, Miami, Philly and Lakers have shown some interest in past.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone should have just given up a FRP to get him like GSW did, every team knew he was for sale on the cheap and exactly what his price was.

All these gyrations and giving up multiple assets now would make Stone appear stupid when he could have stolen him for a song earlier.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Tobias Harris isn’t getting dealt.

Philly needs him. They certainly aren’t dumping him (and assets) to get worse in short term. They’re not going to do anything risky to jeopardize their lead in the standings.

And, above all else, we would be insane to touch that contract. Unless it’s a Wall/Harris based swap.

fattz, joshuaao, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  12. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Bro, I get it. You don't like Stone.

I don't even think we had a decent enough pick at the time to give up even if we wanted to.

fattz likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

We had the FRP from Portland remember?

I like Oubre actually but giving up more than House + FRP would be overpay.

Tucker alone is worth a FRP or 3 SRP.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Detroit needs more 3ball shooting.

6'8 Josh Jackson and 6'7 Svi Mykhailiuk are both still only 23 but are NOT considered core players for Pistons. Pistons are loaded with young talented and LONG 3-D players, they can afford to give up a few to improve spacing/shooting.

DET: Ben McLemore
    HOU: Josh Jackson + SRP

POR: PJ Tucker
    HOU: Harry Giles Jr. + FRP

6'3 EGo/6'4 Wall/6'4 Jones
    6'4 Oladipo/6'5 Brown/6'5 Exum
    6'8 Jackson/6'5 Nwaba/6'6 KJ
    6'10 Giles/6'4 Tate/6'9 Kurucs
    6'10 Wood/6'10 Boogie

fattz likes this.
  15. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

16. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

need to take back contracts for some of our expiring. Wiggins should be the target. Rockets won't be able to unload wall or Gordon (3yrs left) w/o giving up draft picks. Best to tank those years and add extra picks taking on 3 year contracts

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Please do not let me down Ra-fell, walk the talk.

Boston84 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not a fan of Lonzo and Reddick too old for this team.

Perhaps as 3rd team facillitator for FRP and a young 3/4 with upside AND LENGTH.

fattz likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why do I keep seeing this absolute nonsense about Lonzo Ball to Rockets rumors? Why is someone trying to ruin my day?

Corrosion and Grizzlyshark like this.
  20. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Love Lonzo but don't see the fit here :/

Would the Pelicans take Eric Gordon and a pick for Lonzo and Reddick?

Rockets get Aaron Gordon (I know..) Mo Bamba

Pelicans get Eric Gordon & 2022 Bucks pick

Magic get Lonzo, Reddick and House.

Not sure if it's enough of a return for the Pels but seems like a good base to start.

Sanity2disChaos and D-rock like this.