1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Name an interesting fact you found out during the quarantine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. Buck Turgidson

STR8Thugg likes this.
  3. Xerobull

4. Buck Turgidson

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I look at this and All I see is that The Astrodome needs a waterfall. C'mon Houston make it happen.

Xerobull likes this.
  6. Xerobull

What a -great- idea! They could make it into sort of a rainforest zoo/nature trail place. I would pay $$ to spend a day in a place like this in Houston.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

But this is free...

[​IMG]

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There is this around the world solo sailing race, Vendée Globe, going on. The race is about a day and a half away from the winner crossing the finish line. There are 5 boats that could win it, which is completely insane given this is a 80 day race.

Sailing between the southern tip of Africa and South America aint no walk in the park.

9. Buck Turgidson

No Worries likes this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

That DJT is the WORST PRESDENT EVER.

11. Buck Turgidson

An owl buzzing a foot over your head is silent, just a 'whoosh' of air.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

13. Buck Turgidson

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I found out that Alex Lifeson of Rush using the excuse of the pandemic to not get together with Geddy Lee and jam/record in Geddy’s home studio making new songs is just a huge waste. Those guys live a block away from each other and are both sitting home when they could be jamming. Meanwhile, every other musician is making music even over Zoom.

No more excuses, Alex! Before, it was “oh...he’s busy with his big beautiful book of bass stuff!”. Just shut up! STFU! Just say it! SAY IT! YOU DON’T WANT T O JAM WITH GEDDY NO MORE! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

#434 Surfguy, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i just found out about impractical jokers. brehs are legit artists

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another thing that pisses me off about COVID-19 is that I haven't been able to get back to Singapore to see that.

Xerobull likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

No Worries likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Something I learned about one of my all time favorite Van Morrison songs Brown Eyed Girl

This was originally called "Brown Skinned Girl," and was about an interracial relationship. Morrison changed it to "Brown Eyed Girl" to make it more palatable for radio stations. Some stations banned it anyway for the line, "Making love in the green grass."

Bert Berns, who had written the 1965 hit "Here Comes The Night" for Morrison's group Them, produced "Brown Eyed Girl" and the rest of the album. He brought a lot of pop appeal to this song, adding the Latin flavor that was one of his go-to sounds. Morrison wasn't looking for pop, however, and this song became his nemesis. "I never wanted to be commercial, and suddenly 'Brown Eyed Girl' was making me even more commercial," he said.

In 2009 he explained to Time magazine: "'Brown Eyed Girl' I didn't perform for a long time because for me it was like a throwaway song. I've got about 300 other songs I think are better than that."
    • In the third verse, the line "Making love in the green grass" was overdubbed with a line from the first verse, "Laughin‚ and a-runnin‚" to make it more radio-friendly. The 1990 Best Of Van Morrison CD released the censored version, apparently by someone unaware that there were two versions.
    The female backing vocals were performed by The Sweet Inspirations, who were a gospel-influenced group that performed on many hits for other artists in addition to their own material. You can also hear them on "Chain Of Fools" by Aretha Franklin and "I Say a Little Prayer" by Dionne Warwick. The Sweet Inspirations became Elvis Presley's female backing singers in 1969, touring and recording with him until his death.

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/van-morrison/brown-eyed-girl

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Very cool. My band plays this song and we sometimes call it “drunk girl song” because drunk girls will often start dancing to this song. Particularly popular among bachelorette parties. I can see how Van Morrison got sick of it and didn’t want to play it.

BabyClutch and deb4rockets like this.