1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What games have you played over the past year, and maybe even finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

been playing wreckfest pretty non stop for the last month. available on all major platforms, basically destruction derby racing. probally the first racing game ive spent alot of time playing since the first gran turismo. the online races are pretty eventful. and you can just crash people instead of racing to :)

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

THPS 1+2 was great, I've played some fallout 3 again and jeez that game is still the GOAT for me.

TexasTofu likes this.
  3. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1611673708"><a href="">An EPIC short wreck video Motley Crue style. Don't miss this one.</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/Wreckfest">r/Wreckfest</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Hah, maybe. I thought about making a thread on it. But then this thread gets buried under the 50 Marvel threads. Whichever is fine with me.
    MP8 is fun but the boards are a lot smaller than in the past. The Star RNG is also crazy. It feels like Nintendo continues to water down the Mario Party series to make it more kid friendly. Nintendo hasn't released any extra boards, either.

Yung-T, RedRedemption and DonkeyMagic like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@Xerobull

Yung-T likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

More Marvel threads, coming right up!!!

Yung-T, Duncan McDonuts and TexasTofu like this.
  7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was surprised by the size of the boards and how few there are. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to throw in a few more.

And i had no idea about the dice...all this time i thought i was just good at timing.

8. KingCheetah

Basically battle royale with cars -- looks pretty fun.

9. Poloshirtbandit

Finished Batman Arkham Knight... Sorta. I finished the main story but apparently need to do 100% to get the full ending. These Riddler puzzles alone make me not want to even bother.

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I bought Bioshock Collection for 9.99 on PS4 sale, burned through Bioshock 1 in 10 days. Great story, obviously janky graphics but solid given its over 10 years old. The vending machines yelling "WELCOME TO THE CIRCUS OF VALUES" or "HOLA AMIGO" is very irritating however.

Now jumping over to the Metal Gear Solid Games.

Can I skip MSG3 or is it worth dusting off my old PS2 compatible PS3 and playing it? I know its a prequel.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  11. Aware

Aware Member

There is a couple of MGS bundles on ps3. I think one has the entire series up to MGS4 and the other one has 2,3 and peace walker. Those are rally good remasters and worth the money.

3 is good and works pretty well as a standalone.
    Its worth a playthrough for sure.

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

MGS3 is probably the best of the bunch, so it is hard for me to recommend skipping it. I'd rather recommend skipping MGS4 honestly. I liked it on release (and still like it), but in hindsight, it is kind of a mess. IIRC, there isn't really much that directly references MGS4 anyway (MGS4 is chronologically the last game), so you can play the other games without worrying about MGS4.

MGS5 does reference MGS3 as well, so if you want to play that game, it would help to play MGS3. I skipped it, but MGS Peace Walker is a bit relevant to MGS5 as well (it fits in between MGS3 and MGS5).

So I would say play MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS5 and probably Peace Walker (or at least read a plot summary). You can play MGS4 if you finish all of them and just want more MGS.

As for what I'm playing, I'm still finishing up Monster Sanctuary. At around 40 hours, which is more than I originally expected. It is more challenging than I expected (and honestly, more than I'd like), but that's my only major complaint. They put a ton of work in balancing all the monsters and allowing you to experiment with different skills and teams. All 100+ monsters can be great if you know how to use them, and no single monster seems crazy OP. If you like that kind of thing, I think you'd love this game. The platforming and puzzles are a nice change of pace too. I think it is on sale again (or maybe it is just still on sale?).

13. Poloshirtbandit

Look for Metal Gear HD collection on on PS3. It has MGS2, 3 and Peace Walker. Also has the first two 8 bit games. My personal favorite is 2 followed by 4, but 3 is also good.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Last game I finished was resident evil 7 biohazard. It’s pretty good a lot of jump scares. Before that ac odyssey. Now on Valhalla. So far I liked odyssey more but I’m still on the very early stages.

15. Poloshirtbandit

Looks like Madden 21 is free for this weekend. Gonna see if I can find some time to try it out.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Valheim

The new hotness.....

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  17. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Bioshock 2 and the DLC were even more enjoyable than the first Bioshock. Moving on to Infinite....

18. elrond

elrond Member

I got this a long time ago, but hadn't touched my PS3 in a long time. Unfortunately once I wanted to get back into it, found my PS3 got the YLOD issue, and it's probably not worth bothering to repair/replace.

I'm about 150 runs into Hades, which I've enjoyed immensely. Haven't fully maximized everything, but close enough on the key items I like to use. Have completed a 32 heat run for all the skelly statues, and also finished a EM4 run recently so will probably only pick it up on occasion from here on out.

Gone back to Super Mario Odyssey to continue collecting moons. My daughter and I stopped after completing the main story, so I've been going back solo to pick up many of the new moons and going through a lot of the additional levels that area added afterwards.

Picked up Super Mario 3d World / bowser's fury, and playing that based on my daughter's availability.

19. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

wreckfest currently on gamepass for xbox :)

20. KingCheetah

I just finished Bioshock -- it's the first game in years I've completed. I played quite a bit of Infinite on my PS3 before I started have disk drive issues -- hard to believe you can play all 3 remastered on the Switch.