1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Trump Impeachment Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 6, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I wonder if republicans really don't want trump on ballots. huckabee sanders is a leading candidate for the governor of AR. ivanka is a leading candidate for a senate seat in Florida. lara trump in north carolina.

Seems the republican party is now controlled by donald trump and qanon. And more respected members of the republican party are getting out of politics. And once the republican senators acquit donald trump in the impeachment trial he will start doing campaign rallies again.

mdrowe00 and No Worries like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I read some thing (Internet thing, so maybe fake) some guys at the local airport were pissed at him for having the FAA shutdown air traffic during his mar-a-lago weekends so it was a labor of love. Could be bullshit though.

Dubious likes this.
  3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

4. SamFisher

The battle for the soul of the Republican party to take it away from the MAGA terrorists and criminals ended over the weekend because - honestly nothing, they just mostly surrendered to the crazies and started griping about deficits or whatever.

Cowards, all the way down.

Deckard, mdrowe00, Dubious and 4 others like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In one way I see your point. The other side of me says f**k that Grifting con. I don't want him getting benefits for life from my tax dollars. I want him locked up for life personally.

jo mama likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

2018 - Rs lost the House
    2020 - Rs lost the Senate and the POTUS

You might be able to make an argument that the Senate Rs in Maine, NC, Iowa, Montana and South Carolina benefited from a heavy Trump turnout. But those are all solid to lean R states. Arizona and Georgia would be the counter example.

House and Senate Rs might be scared if Trump backs a QAnon primary challenger. Though if 2018 and the 2020 Georgia runoff are any gauge, Trump does not go all in, unless he i on the ballot.

McConnell 100% does not want Trump in Rs politics going forward.

If Trump stays perma-banned in Twitter et al, he just might not be all that relevant going forward.

7. NewRoxFan

Always amazing how wrong sean davis and the federalist is...

mdrowe00 and No Worries like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

History has an answer...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

rand paul believes a *republican* president of the United States should be allowed to break any law including inciting a riotous mob that attacks the capital with intent to kidnap and kill political figures and that resulted in five deaths including police officers.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Typical Rand Paul, always feel the need to demonstrate he is smartest person in the room.

11. NewRoxFan

Perhaps a rough look how the impeachment vote goes too...

No Worries likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's amazing, isn't it? I mean, sure, Tuberville is a loon. Graham is somehow compromised.

But 43 other US Senators: (1) don't care to hold someone accountable for provoking a dangerous insurrection at the Capitol; and (2) appear to want Trump to run in 2024 against all common sense or decency.

Wow. SMH. We are in bad, bad trouble in this country and it reaffirms what a lot of us have been saying: Trump was just a symptom. Our fever broke but our national lungs still look like we've worked our lives in a Kentucky coal mine.

#852 B-Bob, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Postponing the start of the trial was by design. Evidence is piling up as we speak. It will be presented.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. Rashmon

They would still be cleaning up the blood and bodies.

mdrowe00 and Blatz like this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

So all that vote your conscious by McConnell was bullshit and I'm not surprised. This is what I was concerned about with delaying the impeachment trial, you give these slippery ********ers time to think and get lobbied by Trump and Co. to acquit him without even looking at the evidence.

Blatz likes this.
  16. SamFisher

Since they don't believe in the validity of this impeachment trial, it would be fine if some portion of the 45 votes against it decided to stay home. In fact, if Pat Leahy decided to simply not count their votes on that basis (the legal basis for preemptively dismissing an impeachment is shaky, IIRC) , who is to stop him? THe Senate parliamentarian? Plus the party of fake grievances gets an actual grievance. And they are free of Trump 2024. Everybody's a winner!

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Rashmon

The Dems will use the trial to put the available evidence in front of America. Even Fox will have to report it.

I doubt any dip$hit supporters are reading WAPO or NYT.

18. SamFisher

Nah, the way the QAnon Sarlacc's Pit works is that something goes up on some crank-laden fake news website (e.g., Facebook) that invariably has some passing resemblance to a real news report then people post to chat rooms or whatever that "they've been hearing" something that is roughly based on it, larded up with a bunch of conspiracy clues and easter eggs

It's all in good fun, until somebody gets bashed in the head with a fire extinguisher on the steps of teh Capitol.

mdrowe00, Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Just listened to an NPR report, the populist wing is cranking up maximum pressure to acquit. A recall of Liz Cheney effort is underway in Wyoming. GOP Senators are much more concerned about their re-elections than they are justice. The only counter would be corporate donors.

The GOP is in revolution and the populist are scarier than the governing wing

[​IMG]

#859 Dubious, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    ArtV, Deckard, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member