1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you on pancakes. He’s a hack.

That quote still doesn’t say that Deshaun wanted say in GM, just that they discussed some things. I’d say that quote actually fits in more with them not understanding why he’s mad about GM hire.
    Either way, it says there was a lack of communication and understanding.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stoke that fire Adam!

Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

When did Schefter become click bait?

Imagine Woj acting like this.

I remember him getting giddy about Harden trade ideas too.

He must be a Yankees fan.

Rudyc281, J.R. and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm sure some poster will come here reminding us how this is all perfectly quality reporting on Schefter's part.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

meh, i don't need more reports on how sht this franchise is being run.

I just feel sorry for the players who's talent been wasted playing for this shtty team. Then we would have dem Front office posters saying look at all dem AFC south division titles we won. Then we would have the same argument over and over.

Honestly this is one of the few instances where i don't feel bad for a player asking for a trade and not honoring his contract, Texans are really poorly run.

Nook likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

The attitude is obvious..... "We pay you, so you shut up and do what we tell you to do."

The problem is that attitude is antiquated in professional sports (the Texans behind the times? NO WAY).

The Easterby situation is a perfect example of that attitude, as is the owner feigning interest in what Watson thinks about the GM and Coaching hire.

Watson isn't a stupid man, he knows exactly what he is seeing.

If the attitude is "shut up and do what you are told", then the team better be the Patriots because otherwise players with the ability to leave will likely do so.

Players like AJ and Watt would likely not be so bitter if they really believed the organization did everything possible to win.... but they didn't, and they still aren't.

Everyone relates this to their own profession, and that isn't a fair comparison.

7. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

We are no doubt poorly run, but I think it's somewhat comical (and shows the media's bias) when you consider the organizations that have wasted top notch players to a much worse degree than we have.

The list of players the Chargers, Lions, Vikings, Jets, and Jaguar player's who's careers were "wasted" is much worse than ours....by a long shot.

Just a few run of the mill players and better:

LaDainian Tomlinson
    Philip Rivers
    Drew Brees (with the Chargers, not the Saints of course)
    Eric Weddle
    Barry Sanders
    Calvin Johnson
    Matt Stafford
    Randy Moss
    Cris Carter
    Sam Darnold
    Mark Sanchez
    Jalen Ramsey (got out just in time)
    Leonard Fournette (got run out)
    Calais Campbell
    Allen Robinson (happened to him in 2 different places)

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Pancakes is the mouth piece for Cal McNair because it is beneficial to both sides.

Pancakes also likes to frame things in an interesting light.... for example he says that this was the first losing year that Watson was the starter. What he doesn't mention is that Watson has been a Texan for 4 years and twice the team was 4-12.

Watson has made it clear what he is mad about but Pancakes acts as if it is baffling.

At the end of the day, just like James Harden.... DeShaun Watson has to decide how messy he is willing to let this get, because the ownership is going to smear him so that the fan base anger shifts from ownership to the player.

lilbird20 and treyk3 like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's hard to piece it together from that review, but that's not what he said.

Pancakes said:
    Watson always said he was focused on HC. Media talked to him all the time about this and he wouldn't talk about GM, just HC. Cal feels like he met with Deshaun and got his input on GM stuff. Knew where he stood. Did not get impression that Deshaun wanted to stay updated on GM search. Pancakes affirms that based on his own conversations with Deshaun where he only focused on HC. Then he got made he wasn't told about GM hire BUT says team had tried to reach out to him and he didn't respond.

Wilson is probably getting to the bigger issue. DeShaun wants to be "legendary" and realizes he has to play in superbowls to do that. That's what I believe this is all about. Deshaun just doesn't think he's going to win a superbowl here and started feeling that way when the season ended. He's probably struggling with that.

gucci888, Hey Now! and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I agree with that completely.

But one can be both disgusted with the Texans front office and click bait journalism.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The crazy thing is all they have to do is hire Eric Bieniemy and any blame goes away.

They will most likely hire Leslie Frazier. Pancakes will say it's a great hire.

When Watson then publicly demands out and the Texans are trying to figure out what went wrong they will then be like:

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  12. justtxyank

Not really. If you listen to the sports radio guys it's about Easterby but there was an article that said Watson has no issue with Easterby. There were articles that said Texans needed to fire Easterby and then Schefter said it was about Cal. They said it was about not being kept in loop on GM search, but Cal has definitely disputed that. So that's a he said he said situation.

I don't think it's clear at all what Deshaun is mad about specifically beyond just not liking the Texans organization.

TheFreak, Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah.... Nahhh dawg..... Not only is this ownership not capable of that, its the fact that the fan base has already turned on ownership. DW is coming out of this unscathed and clean as a whistle, even if its not merited.

14. justtxyank

The Texans have not smeared Deshaun Watson. They've not taken a single shot at him. They may be incompetent at the ownership level, but they are not doing anything to turn the fans against Watson.

Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Has Watson made it clear though?
    I haven’t seen anything except emo song quotes on Instagram lol

Watson has been very vague and deflecting during this whole thing. Cal and the charlatan have been idiots.

TheFreak and Nook like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Not yet, but he hasn't formally asked out yet.

I personally found the comments of Pancakes to be biased, but perhaps that is my bias.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is kinda what I got from that too.
    My only other issue is, why is he wanting Jets or Dolphins? If that’s true, he doesn’t want to win. He wants the spot light.

18. justtxyank

I'm not fan of John McClain as an opinion guy but he has often been brutally critical of the Texans.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Anyone who cannot tell that McClain is literally a cheerleader for the Texans ownership pays no attention.

It's insane how far he takes it. The product on the field? That's a different story but he will go to bat for Cal and hit 1.000 and go for the cycle without taking a syrup break.

Aaron Wilson is favorable towards the Texans but more in a way that Jonathan is favorable towards the Rockets. They know who keeps them fed but don't take it to extremes most of the time.

Brian is literally the bad guy for the Chronicle and it's hysterical. I wish Brian got a television show where he debated the beat guys for each of the teams. King curmudgeon

Nook likes this.
  20. justtxyank

They are also owned by MAGA guys, one who served in Trump's admin and has a former star player outright calling him a racist on social media.