1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

The are the ones that are in total control. Jack's agent was the one that called Cal and basically scared him into hiring Nick because if he didn't he would be a Panther. Frazier shares the same agent as Jack and Nick and he is expected to become the next coach tomorrow. Then you have the Watson case, everyone says he wants out of here because this team does not have any direction. If this is the case there is no way he should go to the Jets. The only reason to go to New York is to get more exposure. Watsons agent would benefit greatly from this, who knows if he is the one in in Deshauns ear telling him what song lyrics he should post next.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He didn't start off as a BAD coach, per se, but he got a big head and became one later, and he was a horrible GM. He did an adequate job of winning with teams that weren't always full of winners a lot of the time, and I give him credit for that, but his ego destroyed all of that when he basically was allowed to take over the entire franchise. This organization has a history of enabling, Bill got a taste of that power, liked it, and killed his NFL coaching career over it.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Can we just get a good freaking professional football team here in Houston without a bunch of bullshit

4. conquistador#11

in relation to sauces. Time to photoshop TJ in a Green Bay uniform

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Roc Paint

I’ve met Bob McNair, and I think he could’ve gotten us where we wanted to go. He should’ve never allowed this franchise to get into his sons hands. He should’ve sold the team once he knew his health was going to deteriorate. Cal doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing with a professional football team.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Roughnecks >>>>>>>>

Roughnecks the best pro football team in Houston history. Don’t @ me!

7. Roc Paint

Loved that team much more than the Gamblers.

We deserve a great NFL franchise in this city!

J.R. likes this.
  8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Wow, let's see if this prediction comes true! I think you might be right. If the Texans are keeping Tim Kelly as OC, then it makes sense to hire a defensive head coach... Frazier checks several other boxes as well. I think it's going to be him.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Any "good" boxes?

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Knowing how the Texans operate Frazier will probably get a 6 year contract, and then be fired within 2. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, this is the crappiest time loop to be stuck in.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

If this is the case, why would they have Culley scheduled for a 2nd interview on Wednesday?

Nook and treyk3 like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Strange phenomenon... talking about next coach in the Deshaun thread.... and talking about Deshaun in the coach thread.

Two threads should be combined anyways...

BigM likes this.
  13. gucci888

Nah Texans have been too loyal if anything. Capers got 4 full seasons going 18-46. Kubiak went 37-43 in his first 5 seasons and still got another 3 after that. And the ending of BoB's tenure speaks for itself.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Culley is strange.

He went to Baltimore for a chance to move up to OC. He still hasn't gotten there, yet the Texans are interviewing him to be HC?

I would love to say Culley is interviewing Wednesday on behalf of Bieniemy, but there is a wrinkle; he has ties to both candidates.

He coached with Frazier in Buffalo and Bieniemy in Kansas City. He had more years with Bieniemy but has coached more recently next to Frazier. If there isn't buzz around Frazier being the hire today, then I think we can take a sigh of relief. Even with another guy lined up tomorrow, I would imagine the Texans would want to hire Frazier while he's in town so they can parade him around as if they just hired Mike Ditka.

Nook and gucci888 like this.
  15. Roc Paint

You know I like to change things up around here

16. Fantasma Negro

Jets you say?

treyk3 and BossHogg713 like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...haun-Watson-Texans-coaching-hire-15897884.php

Wilson
    -Was told to take everything seriously; nothing new; nothing has changed; more repetition that there’s nothing changing; still dug in; not a change in the situation
    -Back in town from New York
    -Wouldn’t say anything has significantly changed
    -Was told to take it seriously, how he feels; don’t know what it’ll take for him to change those feelings
    -Watson is disenchanted; it’s not people close to him
    -Relationship is at a bad point; it has to improve or Texans will have to make a decision; it’s not at that point yet; he has not requested a trade publicly or privately, they don’t want to trade him; time can heal things but they’re in a bad situation
    -Serious situation but there is no rush
    -If he’s out, have heard others could ask out
    -Combustable situation; didn’t have to be this way; not about just catering to him but fundamentally fixing their relationship man to man, QB & owner—Deshaun Watson & Cal McNair
    -Tough situation but don’t know what the answer is

McClain
    -Watson has been treated like royalty by fans, media, Texans; gave him $156M; praise him at every chance they get
    -Still trying to figure out what he’s so mad about
    -We talked to him, all he talked about was the HC & talking to McNair about his suggestions for HC; met for lunch at Watson’s behest; communicated & texted about HC; I even asked twice about GM and he kept talking about HC
    -First time we saw anything leak to national media by anonymous sources was he was upset he found out they were hiring Nick Caserio on social media
    -You reported Cal apologized; that was a miscommunication; McNair didn’t know he wanted to be informed about GM; they tried to keep him up to date about the HC search but if you don’t get back to people, it’s hard to do that; still trying to figure out why he’s so mad at Cal McNair and the Texans
    -They’re gonna hire a HC they think he’ll like; they’ll keep Tim Kelly as OC; AJ McCarron, maybe Josh McCown, Watson is always praising him & TJ Yates when he’s praising Tim Kelly. They’re doing everything they can to accommodate him; if he and his agent are gonna make it like James Harden, then they should trade him; trade him to the Jets for two ones, two twos, Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye and use the 2nd pick on the next best QB; we’re a long way from that
    -Until Watson puts out something, I’d like to see something definitive; maybe he’ll talk to the new coach, Caserio or Tim Kelly
    -If he really and truly wants out and is not happy, accommodate him
    -To the other players wanting to be traded, good luck; not sure how many teams want the players on this roster

Wilson
    -His feelings are his feelings; definitely a large disconnect; unfortunate disconnect, misunderstanding, whatever it is
    -All points to a loss of confidence from Watson; it’s little things, it’s bigger things and it all adds up; Hopkins trade, 4-12 season; controversies surrounding the team, it does take a toll; going back the last 12 months, it’s hard to be that true believer “Hey, I’m really confident, everything is good.” Money is not everything. When he talks about legacies, he says “I want to be legendary.” Legends play in Super Bowls, have Super Bowl rings; Watt walked off the field and apologized
    -Can’t give up hope; hasn’t pushed the button on a trade and even if he does, that can be walked back; stay tuned

McClain
    -He’s had one losing season as a starter
    -Would love to see him say something definitive
    -This will last awhile; great for podcasts and talk shows
    -Hopefully it gets worked out; Texans have no intentions right now of trading Watson

18. gucci888

Pancakes retiring will be a great day for Houston, dude is absolutely insufferable. Says DW4 is upset that he found out about Caserio via social media, then says he doesn't know why he is mad? DW4 not wanting to talk about the GM and only the HC? No $hit, one is done and the other is likely the deciding factor on what he does.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

From what pancakes said, it sounds like there was no discussion about Watson having a say in GM-only HC.
    If it wasn’t discussed and was discussed about HC, why is Watson mad?
    That’s IF pancakes is correct in saying they didn’t talk about GM.

20. gucci888

Pancakes can get the hell out if this is what he is trying to say. Cal straight up said in Caserio's presser he had discussions about the GM job with DW4.

"I've come to understand that it's been reported that the Deshaun (Watson) feels left out of the process, but he and I had several visits and I understood his point of view before meeting with candidates."