1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I agree. Just looking at positive out of what I disagree to.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I tend to agree. I feel terrible for bar owners and people working in the service industry. This situation is devastating and completely unfair to them but this is a crisis. We’re losing Thousands of Americans a day from this disease.

Here in MN we had a pretty strict indoor dining and drinking for about two months and our numbers greatly dropped. Last week we opened back up for 50% indoor dining and it wouldn’t surprise me if the numbers start rising in the next few weeks.

No Worries and deb4rockets like this.
  3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I texted my friend who is a Hospital Administrator. He said the State is directing the vaccine shipments and you have to submit a vaccination 'plan' to qualify. So that would keep the vaccinations institutional for the time being.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. AB

AB Contributing Member

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/24/birx-trump-parallel-covid-data-461928
    “I saw the president presenting graphs that I never made,” Birx said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “So, I know that someone — or someone out there or someone inside was creating a parallel set of data and graphics that were shown to the president.”

It is just mind boggling, there is about 70Million that thought voting for this guy is ok. The worst health care crisis of our life time, and this was how it was dealt!!

The sharpie weather maps is no coincidence.. may be its habit:)

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

GOP clearly using loss of senate and presidency as a wake up call to reevaluate messaging.

London'sBurning likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why we needed a landslide the last election. Many in the GOP still believe that playing to their extremes is the way to go because even if they lost the Presidency (many of them still don't believe it), Senate and House they can still point to that Trump got more votes in US history than any losing candidate, the Democrats couldn't win the Senate outright, the House majority is narrowed while Republicans held onto the majority of state houses.

Many in the GOP probably feel there is no need for major change in the direction of the party and that they can win back the House, Senate and Presidency with only minor changes.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dem messaging still doodoo enough for people to split the ticket for Dems while allowing Repugs unfettered control during term limit years.

I read some article that said Dem presidents don't build up their base and rather focus all in on agenda setting. It also signalled Biden will make an effort.

That would explain Obama and Clinton fatigues that were enough to have close or stolen(...hat tip to trumpers) elections.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Biden has a front view (Obama) and side view (Clinton loss) so hopefully he gets it and recognize that his windows for bipartisanship gov is narrow and if he spend too much energy to keep it open he’s going to end up repeating the mistakes of both.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

14. Invisible Fan

****ing over progressives ("Did I really promise that?" teehee I smrtr thn u...) with the good ol' bait n' switch or low effort eye roll/facepalms* to your own constituents doesn't energize the base.

Also sends those late term "Get out the vote!!" mails and texts directly into the trash heap.

Oh wow, you kept the lights on. Bravo. Well done.

But that was only half the bargain.

You took that thankless role on like a chump and got back nothing for the people who actually voted you in. ("Well no one is really happy when we compromise. Ha ha hah!!")

*One of the more infuriating things from the Hillary/Podesta email leaks

15. NewRoxFan

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nothing to debate, but I figured I'd put this here. Staggering report from the UN on global job losses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55803092

So much worse than 2008 and losses will continue this year.

No Worries likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Interest rates are low low low!

Money for everyone!!

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DeSantis is one nasty man. No wonder he and Trump are BFFs. Do they share a My Pillow?