1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harriet Tubman to replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac'n, Apr 20, 2016.

1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

2. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

My friend owed me $2 and he wanted to pay me with a $2 note. I told him to just give me a $1, so I don't have to deal with the nonsense of having a $2 note.

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I rather don't like the coin Euros. In the US, change isn't really worth much, so I just carry a wallet for bills. Change goes in my desk drawer so I can spend on the vending machine every once in a while. I won't carry the coins around. In Europe, the coins are worth something, so you end up carrying them around, but I don't have a system for carrying coins. I end up with a fat, heavy fistful of coins in my pocket.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you there. You're traveling, shopping and spending money and by the end of the day your bogged down with coins. Sometimes the coins are ok though so it's probably something we'd adjust to eventually.

7. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Or Alexander Hamilton.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shut her down, internet, we're done here. h/t <a href="https://twitter.com/busblog">@busblog</a> on FB <a href="https://t.co/Hzwf8imU2x">pic.twitter.com/Hzwf8imU2x</a></p>&mdash; Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/724667556565381120">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So Jim Harden and myself will be using Tubman's at Treasures and VLive instead of Jacksons

Can't wait to test it out...

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

STR8Thugg and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Does anyone even use cash anymore? Besides criminals and old people?

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Imagine owning a wallet with no cash in it....at least keep $40 in there for emergencies.

14. Space Ghost

Is that what a dime bag runs these days?

I havent carried a wallet in 4 years.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't like tipping on cards or using my cards for a bottle of water and a gum in the corner store.

coincidentally, I order all my flower online lol.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

James Harden does ;)

for realz though: increasing use of credit transactions has raised prices. now the restaurants/retail stores get the cash discount, not us. And the banks get a piece of everything.

What percentage of transactions would you say you do that don't have fees attached, somewhere in the chain of payment. To include vendors requiring brand loyalty (use of their credit card) to get the transaction discount.

so, you rely on having a charged phone and wifi/cell service at all times. I guess you don't vacation in Colorado. :)

you really don't have a cash, credit card or debit card for 4 years? that's fascinating. (You pay for gas on your phone, not at pump?) is that true for a lot of iGens?

#56 heypartner, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I pay cash.

Sometimes I get a cash discount on the price. I've paid less than the advertised price as a couple gas stations because I paid cash. I've Rented a cabin in Broken Bow and although it was originally $520 and the lady only charged by $460 because I paid cash. I've also counted out cash in front of salesmen to negotiate the price of furniture in stores - It works.

Even without any negotiating or cash prices, the average American spends %16 more when they use a credit card then when they spend cash (at the same places) because they tend to upgrade/upsize more when they're spending on cards because there is a lack of connection to their money.

Xerobull and TexasTofu like this.
  18. Space Ghost

Banks have always sliced away their piece. Its the cost of doing business I suppose. I do draw the line at predatory lending/banking.

I put the transaction fees up there with taxes. When it comes to sales tax, we do not pay the government, the business does. Roll it all up in the cost of business and round up. No need to line item everything for the sake of consumer spending psychology. Coin operated vending machines are rapidly dying. Time to move on from coins.

I get a point and a half back on my Capital One card. I dont overthink it and try to maximize rewards. There are plenty of ways to be frugal.

To be fair, I use a phone case with a card compartment. I do keep a twenty tucked in the back, but I haven't touched it in months. It makes the phone a bit heavier and more bulky, but honestly I prefer it that way. I get criticized for putting all my eggs in one basket, but I have yet to lose my phone. I always lost my wallet.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

WOJ: Sources confirm Harriet Tubman has been traded for Andrew Jackson, deal includes multiple $20 bills.

Xerobull likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You don't carry your bitcoin wallet?