1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Moderna 200m doses by June. Pfz/BioNT 200m by July. 400m doses for 200M people. I assume it comes in batches. So, assuming that supply happen and in an orderly and regular fashion, I think we could be in the 1.5MM/day... conservatively. JJ supplies, ease of use, single shot can push it up dramatically, but it's not yet approved and I have not seen their supply plan. Right now, it's a supply issue. Later, it might be a supply chain issue with distribution and human labor problems (but hopefully they are working through all of that now and is ready when supplies ramp up).

EDIT: JJ said 100m by April. Would be a game changer.

#11161 Amiga, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Ivermectin, folks. Get some to keep at home....

I think there's some teeth to this.

Edit: don't take it without . medical supervision, but it may be good to have in case of emergency, or of the prices go up.

#11162 Two Sandwiches, Jan 25, 2021
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Anti-parasite?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Yep. Horse dewormer, to be exact.

It's an interesting drug to follow. Starting to be some solid returns on small studies.

I'm going to buy some to keep at home just in case.

If the whole world took a five day dose of this at the same time, I'm guessing it'd be just as effective, yet quicker than the vaccine. Probably with less side effects. I know that sounds nutty, but it'd be an interesting study. Just as much of a study as the vaccines currently are.

6. Buck Turgidson

Cattle and other ruminants, poured on their backs for worms, mites & flies. Different animals are administered differently, so there's a variety of products out there.

It's been used in people as an anti-parasitic for about 40 years. I have no idea which variety they're talking about, but there's been talk about this since last March.

#11166 Buck Turgidson, Jan 25, 2021
    malakas and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Yep. I'd be nervous to take it orally, without a doctor prescribing. Topical, of you can find it, would be safer, I'd presume. I'm just in a keeping an eye on it stage, but there's some good anecdotal evidence.

Two hospitals in Western New York were ordered to give this to patients in bad shape, and it seems they had very positive results.

My dad has a horrible covid outbreak at his workplace. He's the only one in the building (out of about 15 people at least) that hasn't tested positive. He started using it shortly after people started testing positive. He said he had a slight cough before he started but it went away quickly.

I'm not advising anybody to go out and start using this right away, despite my initial post. I may edit that. I would keep an eye on it, though, if you don't want the vaccine or cannot get it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. People were talking about this back when this pandemic started breaking out in the US back in the Spring of last year. I guess everything comes full-circle. :D

9. Two Sandwiches

It is funny. I don't remember that, to be honest.

Oxford is set to start a full trial on it too.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I remember reading something about it and thinking "damn." lol. What's weird is I thought there were some studies done this past winter, too. Not sure of any results, but maybe they weren't really studies. Anywho :

Here's something form May : https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/05/11/whats-up-with-ivermectin
    Here's something from June : https://iris.paho.org/handle/10665.2/52372

*EDIT* : We're talking about it here in April : https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...ars-cov-2-virus.303386/page-315#post-12933395

11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

You know what else is caused by parasites? That’s right. Malaria.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Relax.
    Ivermectin will always by available, there is zero chance you can't find it.

I guess only if we were attacked by an alien race of zombie parasites.

If not the most common it is up there in the top 5 of most used veterinary drugs.
    It's not like chloroqinue that it was only used for a niche clientelle every single farmer has a ton of the stuff. It's impossible to farm animals without it.

I don't know there but here you can easily go to your vet and say you want some for your cow goats or sheep no questions asked.
    Probably you can buy it in a store that sells things for farmers without a prescription or anything too.
    It is also used for companion animals(dogs)
    but they would want to see your dog because it generally would have to be in a terrible condition or a stray to need it.

I have no clue how it is used on humans.
    I , speaking only for myself, wouldn't hesitate one bit to take it in the right dosage, if I had no kidney and liver problem as a hail mary to covid.

But all the studies I have seen so far are only in vitro. In vitro means nothing. Unless there are studies about in vivo I won't bother.

Anyway no rush.
    Ivermectin will go nowhere.

13. Two Sandwiches

I agree completely with you. I'm speaking more to the price of it, I guess.

malakas likes this.
  14. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Other candidates showing promise in vitro include bleach, UV light and Plutonium-241. Further human testing is needed.

malakas likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

Watching Fox -- Brett Baier and his guest are going off on Robert Kennedy and the bizarre anti-vax position on corona virus -- good to see.

16. Buck Turgidson

If this is on youtube or wherever, let us know. I like to watch idiots get exposed.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Good news on supply. Sounds like it’s due to changes not in the supply itself but new syringe to get more doses out of the same bottle.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...er-u-s-vaccine-doses-faster-than-expected-ceo

fizer Inc. will be able to supply the U.S. with 200 million Covid-19 vaccine doses by the end of May, two months sooner than previously expected, according to its top executive.

Chief Executive Officer Albert Bourla said Tuesday that the drugmaker and its partner, BioNTech SE, will be able to deliver the doses to the U.S. well before an earlier July 31 deadline due to a change in the vaccine’s label that allows health-care providers to extract an additional dose from each vial.

New York-based Pfizer has supplied governments with 36 combinations of commercially available needles and syringes to be able to extract the last dose from the vials, Bourla said. The drug giant had known its vials contained up to six vaccine doses, he added, noting that at the outset of the year, it had to generate data to garner approvals for its use from government authorities around the world.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If only the idiot masses could wear a proper mask correctly, we wouldn't be in this place.

20. KingCheetah

At what point do they say, 'Just stop breathing to prevent Covid'!?