1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Its so weird this fourth quarter was the first time they really spread the floor like they should, even though thats what we all expect to see going in. They need to stop all of this random off ball movement too. Like these cuts to the key with the clock winding down and the useless screens that are just pulling defenders towards harden

vator, MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm 43% sure Harden has been deferring to Kyrie the last few games in order to illustrate how much worse the offense is when Kyrie runs it and then trade him for Covingtuckeriza or whatever.

Wulaw Horn and HP3 like this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You're not surprising anyone with your stance lol

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Im saying the truth. Durant and Irving cant play make like Harden but Harden can score just as easily as any of them. The only argument Durant has is defensively and even then its not a huge advantage. He's just a different player offensively. Im also one of those people who thought Curry was the best player on the Durant- Warriors too. Guys like Harden, Lebron Steph will always have an advantage over dude's like Kyrie and Durant.

palmsnbananas and ksny15 like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And then if Durant goes down with recurring injury, it will be Harden's Rockets all over again
    ... just Jordan rather than Capela, and Harris v Ryno.

NYC media would be rooting for Harden's Rockets w/o really even realizing it.
    "We've never seen this before. Harden taking this team on his back. It's beautiful to watch."

SamFisher and HP3 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

So you are of the opinion that Durant is the best player on the team as well? Im not here to push a narrative(everyone knows my opinion lol) I just wanted to know your opinion.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  7. heypartner

what? Where in my post do I even come close to taking a position on some debate you've been having with others.

I was merely comparing BKN with "Covingtuckariza" and w/o Durant/Irving to previous Harden teams, and joking how media would respond to that vs the vitriol we went through prior.

take a breather man. all posts aren't about what you're debating.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh my quote had nothing to do with what you posted, I just wanted to ask you a question lol.

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

But imagine the vitriol NY media will unleash on them if they flame out in the playoffs lol. NY love tough underdog stories. They embrace glamorous superteams too but they are merciless when those teams fail. I've no doubt they'll kill sensitive KD, pretentious kyrie and weirdo harden.

HP3 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

I was honestly surprised with how nice they were being with him these past few games tbh.

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Not much to write about yet. Plus they are the nets not the knicks. The scrutiny isn't quite the same.

But keep in mind, NY embraced hated rivals like clemens, giambi and arod before they failed.

Same with carmelo and Amare.

They'll forever love underdogs like jvg, starks, oakley, etc.despite their failings.

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

sounds how like the scorned describe their exes

13. heypartner

So the Rockets v GSW in 2017 wasn't a "tough underdog story?" lulz Did they "love" them?

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I was referring to NY teams... Thought you were talking about the same.

Don't see why NY would care much about the 2017 rockets...

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im not so sure Im ready to say Harden is a better player than Durant. Not only is Durant better defensively and its not as close as you say but Durant is much better in the playoffs. When Harden changes that then we can say he is better.

Richie_Rich, JayGoogle, King1 and 2 others like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

For what its worth, its actually a lot closer in the playoffs than people make it out to be. But okay, fair enough, we'll see what happens in the playoffs.

17. heypartner

are we having a metadiscussion?

i hate metadiscussions

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Last post of the night, but it is interesting to see what Harden said about the zone. Looks like teams are gonna use it a lot more against the Nets.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I honestly have a lot of respect for your fanhood. You are so biased for Harden in so many ways and you dont even realize it half the time and when we all don't just accept it as truth you end up clearly confused lol I admire that.

Easy likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Man....I really just said "fair, lets see what happens in the playoffs" and you just chose to insult me. If you actually compare Durant's OKC years to Harden's Houston years in the playoffs, they are pretty similar. Im not delusional about anything.