1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers felt Houston did not call them back for a counteroffer before Brooklyn deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 15, 2021.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I was big into his growth until I watched him play this year. Absolutely no advancements in his game. I watched basically every 76ers game and was honestly more impressed by Maxey and Harris (who no one should take that contract). The Miami package was clearly better than Simmons by the end despite my bias towards Simmons and filler. Philly needed to give up the equivalent of 3 FRP(1 being Maxey) and 2 Swaps with Simmons and Thybulle. Brown was my #1 target but clearly not offered in the end.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

So morey thought he was gonna get a chance to judiciously increase his lowball offer...
    but philly was just used as leverage to pump the nyets offer...
    and morey was left out - with Simmons now knowing morey was willing to deal him despite all the rhetoric to the contrary...

pity...

lol

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s the same exact player he was his rookie year...even Shake Milton impresses me more than Simmons

I wanted either MPJ or Brown, and definitely would’ve taken the Miami offer over Simmons as well, but in the end, we’ll just have to wait until those BK picks become really good if they ever do

raining threes and ElPigto like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

What's funny is Sixers fans are happy they kept Maxey and Boston fans are happy they kept Brown...
    [​IMG]

raining threes likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Not a huge fan of the Brooklyn picks (not a big gambler) but the team thinks Brooklyn will stink in 2023/24 (so they are banking on 2 great FRP and 2 great swaps) and the team likes Oladipo and honestly he's probably better than Ben Simmons at this point.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Morey is a really good GM but him being such a big ass liar def rubbed me the wrong way. Dude has broken so many promises and made so many lies to players during his tenure.

Lin and Dwight: promised they would be the star of the franchise, told them to stfu or shipped them out later. Yeah they sucked and deserved but still how about not promise them the world so they dont feel betrayed later?

Melo: Rolled out the red carpet, then fired him when Melo came to him to ask what else he can do to help.

Cp3: Gave his word he wont be traded. Lulz. I mean why not say everything isnt sure?

Simmons: Swore up and down he isnt on the trading block lol

I mean why is this dude always lying even when its not needed?

BlastOff and kjayp like this.
  8. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I get C's fans being happy they kept Brown. He looks like he's taken a leap this year and is a great complement to Tatum to have there for years.

If I were a Philly fan I'd be pretty pissed at not getting Harden after seeing these first two games with him on the Nets.

roslolian and Salvy like this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Only way they become good is to root for injury, and I’m Not that type of person.

we’re going to have to trade those picks to get an star

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Maybe, but both missed out on Harden... They may never have a player that caliber in the next decade...

raining threes likes this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

stone didn't value oladipo over anything. it was Tilman that valued expiring contracts over everything.

there is a reason the rockets didn't take back a single dollar on the books for next year in this trade, and it isn't because they think oladipo is their new go to guy. if this trade was made for basketball reasons rather than tax reasons they would've kept Jarrett Allen who is 22 and one of the best rim defenders in the game. they didn't want to pay him next year and used him to get rid of prince's contract. that was not a basketball move. not one trade we made since tilman took over has been a basketball move.

Morey saw it, harden saw it, MDA saw it. they all wanted out because they care about winning. I don't blame any of them for jumping ship. no mistake that all 3 were replaced by the cheapest possible options either.

12. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

What was amazing was how steadfast they were not wanting to trade Simmons for Harden. They really believed the fat toxic ballhog narrative. Now they have to find something less to trade Simmons for. I mean even an imbecile knows Simmons does not fit with Embiid being the number one on the team and he is their only chance at a championship. I see Embiid getting frustrated and wanting out after another second round exit.

ChillyPete32 likes this.
  13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I was initally very upset we took the Brooklyn deal over the Sixers one but now I'm glad we dodged a bullet.

Stone continues to impress me. Making chicken salad out of chicken ****

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

#FACTS

CF so willing to accept the profligacy while promulgating the lies that belie this franchise in the short time that Fertitta has owned the Rockets.

smoothie, raining threes and HP3 like this.
  15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I loved Morey but he isn't a closer. Other than getting Dwight here and I guess convincing cp3 to agree to sign with rockets,l (should have never included harrel) he never really closed on meaningful deals. It was always the, we were close, we thought we had a deal in place but got screwed by the other team excuse.
    Case in point he immediately blames the rockets for not letting him counter. Always someone else's fault

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Mpj was who I wanted and he is looking pretty untouchable now.

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Agreed. Think Stone would have preferred lavert and allan.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I prefer Simmons and Thybulle over Dipo-Exum-Kurucs if only talking about players vs. players.

Simmons-Thybulle are more likely to give Rockets an elite defense.

Dipo-Exum-Kurucs cannot do that.

Rockets do not need more scorers, they need more length, balanced roster and an identity.

Simmons-Thybulle allow Rockets to be great in 1 area instead of being mediocre in all areas.

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

I bet he says same thing in Philly that they thought they have a deal and Houston backed out... he is just isnt as good anymore since whole NBA knows his tricks and lies. And everybody would trade for Harden back then stop making him god for that, supposedly it was OKC who reached out(Cuban said he was upset they didnt call him because he would send half of his squad for him)

20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I think almost everyone can agree on needing more length, but until we see at least 2 games with the roster healthy, it's hard to make any kind of diagnosis.

BamBam likes this.