1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you miss Harden yet??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jan 25, 2021.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

No. I thought I would, but not really. Then again, I dont miss my exes once they started being aholes near the end of our relationships either, so I guess it makes sense.

hakeem94, JayGoogle and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  2. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

I enjoy watching Eric Gordan finally being able to play freely.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't have to watch the video I watched it all live.

Maybe we have a different definition of integral.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Of course I miss him. I also miss Yao and Scola, but I’ve moved on that they’re gone.

Jayzers_100, DaDakota and JayGoogle like this.
  5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Sometimes I close my eyes and pretend Victor Oladipo has a beard.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Harden is just toying with Miami to close that game out right now. He’s truly a generational talent, but I don’t miss him or his shitty ass hair.

joshuaao and Nelly like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he just decapitated the depleted heat in the 4th

joshuaao, D-rock and bcast89 like this.
  8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Did you mean "crabs"? Auto correct is a b****.

9. jowman

jowman Member

Yes. Anyone who says otherwise loves losing and hates greatness

10. bcast89

bcast89 Member

I was watching him on defense really close in the 4th qtr of the heat game tonight and he was way more engaged on defense then I have ever seen him with us...he’s had his moments with us before but every defensive possession he never lost sight of his man. Maybe because he has two other superstar type players with him on the court, he’s able to use more energy and focus to defend better. That can be really scary for other teams tbh.

HP3 likes this.
  11. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Nope, not going to miss someone who doesn't want to be there.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

When the hell were we ever contenders year after year with Harden. We were literally contender once in his 8 years here in 2018. I wouldn't even count 2015 because GSW were obviously better, I'll admit that was a fun playoffs.

If you enjoyed regular season consistency, you probably loved Harden. I personally didn't really enjoy watching Harden in the post season all that much. I have more bad memories of him in the playoffs than good. All the good moments don't really involve him lol. I remember Dwight-Josh Smith PnR against the Mavs, I remember Nene going 100 from the field and destroying OKC, I remember Brewer, Josh Smith and Terry, I remember Chris Paul against Utah, Eric Gordon, Ariza and Tucker against GS.

If you look at it 2009 we were also legit contenders under Rick despite missing Tmac. Morey was good at finding gems to surround Yao and Tmac.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

The second you put a competent superstar next to Harden was the second we became contenders. We had to compete with a super team with 3-4 all stars. We were absolutely contender the year after the 65 win season as well. And if the Chris Paul trade never happens......ugh, the point is...relative ot his peers, Harden has not had the all star level talent that Kawhi, Lebron and Curry, and KD have had.

Rick was fine, but he had that one good year and that was it.

15. R94

R94 Member

I meant in real life. You know there are other ways to talk sports, right?

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When did you start watching the Rockets? 2013? Did you know that we almost beat a Lakers team with the prime Kobe, prime, Pau Gasol, prime Lamar Odom, and an up and coming Bynum. If Yao didn't go down, heck, if we only had the 42-year-old Mutombo healthy, we could have won that series. We had to start the 6-6 Hayes as the center to combat the triple giants of the Lakers.

And who was the superstar playing next to Kevin Martin to be the #4 offensive team? Luis Scola? LOL.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

The Durant-Warriors are so much better than that team. Its an awesome accomplishment. But its not as good as what we pulled off in the Harden era.

I mean....that's great? But we are comparing Eras here and which teams had more success. And it was the MDA-Harden-Morey Rockets.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess your definition of an integral part of an offense is scoring a lot of point. So to you our offense only needed one guy in the past several years.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much. I miss players that are retired or gone because we will never see them play anymore. I miss those guys.

Harden plays for the Nets, you can still watch him play, so I don't miss him. I've moved on.

LosPollosHermanos and Easy like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I miss guys like Scola, Hayes, Battier, and Yao. They always played hard, no matter what the score was, never pouted, never complained that they didn't have good enough teammates to make them have more fun.