1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

He just had the highest finishing rate of his career last season in the bubble....he will be fine. Sheesh.

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hell be fine... thats what lebron said when asked about health status of his friend cp3 before game 7 wcf in 2018

Salvy likes this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

He never needed much athleticism in the first place thou, he doesn't cross you with speed. Dude just has amazing footwork and ball handles.... Its almost mystifying how he even gets to the basket. I think he lost a slight step in speed due to weight but Harden's layups were always almost nearly blocked even young. Dude is just really strong as well, pretty much a tank rolling inside. If he can get back in shape both his shot and lay ups are coming back. No doubt. His game will age amongst the best ever I think. Time will tell.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol pick a side dude. :D

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahhahaah:D, but why? isnt being objective what should one strive for?

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

But you arent being objective your just saying whatever and doing this LOL

[​IMG]

But no I dont believe Harden is going to continue playing like this, if he does something is very very wrong.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I said they should try for McGee a huge back. He would be a huge get. Fixes the interior D and rebounding.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why? I am no journalist and those are subjective too.

Being fan is being subjective, otherwise you are just a hypocrite.

At least one is being a subjective and honest person.

Keeping it real and being objective are two different things.

Maybe there are only a handful of people on earth that are close to objectivity.

Example: If you are a monk, you lost your urge for flesh, worldly things like money and power, maybe.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

did harden's brain break after the first 2 games with the nets? why is he shooting 0 times in the first quarter multiple times and why does he have 2 shot attempts at half today (not watching the game)? there is no world where either harden and/or nash could possibly think this is a good idea to have one of the best scorers ever not shoot. time to come back to the real world, james.

HP3 likes this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Maybe he's making some sort of strange point or he is malfunctioning in a different role? o_O

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I've got the feeling he's doing it to protect Irving's precious ego.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Maybe you have not seen any Rockets game the last 8 years.

This is not the first time that Harden being extremely inactive on the court.

This is his way to manipulate the team and the coach and hope others failed to make a shot and then he can have the ball to play this style.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

I no longer buy into the notion that Harden intentionally stopped trying. This apparently is how passive he plays when attempting to show that he can be a team player and share the ball with another ball dominant guard. He looked like his normal self when playing without John Wall and Kyrie Irving and as soon as they came back, we got this player that is clearly not MVP James Harden.

He didn’t quit. If he did, he must’ve quit on the Nets too already. Nash, Durant, and Kyrie need to green light him to play his game. Obviously he can’t be so ball dominant, but this is way too far in the opposite direction. I think he doesn’t want to step on toes and be the new guy on the team upsetting the chemistry, but these guys are going to have to develop a pecking order for this to work.

HP3 and Mr. Space City like this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I love the fact that one of the biggest rocket haters on this website started this thread

New Jersey sucks!

J.R. likes this.
  15. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Even all the bench players have more shot attempts than harden now

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

At some point Harden is going to want to be Harden again. He can’t really enjoy being the third option.

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

telling the truth isnt the same as hating. No need to cry little buddy

HP3 likes this.
  18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yes, that day will come when they will trade Kyrie.

19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

The offense for this entire team has been awful since kyrie came back

HP3 likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Be careful what you wish for James. This city and its fans gave you everything. He’s going to stop having fun playing like this especially if he isn’t winning. The one thing I’ve always known is harden likes to pout if things don’t go his way. He’ll put on a good face for the honeymoon period but if things don’t improve for him he’s not a happy camper and everyone is going to know.

If I’m the nets, as everyone has already said, I trade kyrie. He’s redundant and harden does what he does but better. Durant and him have already proven they can gel and strong role players surrounding them is automatic winning. Other problem is in this modern nba you have friendship winning and it’s clear from media reporting that Durant and kyrie eloped/swapped fluids or whatever to play together.

In short, I’m less and less interested in the nba as a whole for a reason

#1080 LosPollosHermanos, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    fchowd0311 and Joe Rocket like this.