1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you miss Harden yet??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jan 25, 2021.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Over watching young guys struggle? That's CRAZY!

BamBam, D-rock, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

As opposed to what?

D-rock likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

You’re definitely an interesting person.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m getting a particularly good kick of seeing all these posts about how many are so happy to be rid of Harden and his constant isos and love to see all the ball movement.

When the reality is we are....

1st in isolations
    28th in passes per game

Surprised? No I’m not. What people think they are watching and what’s really happening rarely align around here.

6. MettaWorldPete

I don’t miss him because it was obvious the end of the Harden era was here, and we wouldn’t be contenders even with him on this squad.

More generally I do miss having a squad that could make deep playoff runs and be in the mix for a championship.

TimDuncanDonaut and HP3 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

*Since the Harden trade*
    Mason Jones: 13 3PM / 68%
    James Harden: 13 3PM / 33%

Maxgx, darksoul35, eliefor3 and 2 others like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm sure some really miss Harden, wish the whole trade demand never happened and that he was still on the team. Its an understandable position given how well Harden performed the past 8 years.

But the truth is - the Harden era and the rockets being contenders ended the moment they traded CP3 for WB. With or without Harden, the Rockets are unlikely to be anything more than a first or second round exit team. They barely beat a terrible OKC team in the first round. Were demolished by the Lakers team. Adding Wall, Woods, cousins etc wasn't going to suddenly change that. Harden, Dantoni and Morey knew that and its one of the primary reasons they all left. With little draft assets, cap space or trade assets, the Rockets were on a gradual decline to irrelevance.

Trading Harden is IMO ripping off the bandage instead of just slowly peeling it back inch by excruciating inch. There was an argument that it would've been "fun/worth it" just to enjoy having Harden retire a Rocket... but once he made clear his desire to move on - through his unacceptable behaviour and comments - their was no choice but to move on.

splendidchen, harold bingo and bmelo like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You'd call your ex days after your breakup and come begging.

Take it like a man.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol that's the reality of the NBA dude. Yalll hate Harden and Iso ball when in reality, NBA offenses run through their best players and do so at a high rate. Harden wasnt perfect, neither was Morey and neither was Dantoni, but you they got us close and made us relevant despite limitations . Im "interesting" because I understand that and you dont.

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I miss the 2018 squad but Harden on our current team was a bad fit. I desperately wanted him to stay but I no longer miss him. I’m having more fun watching the rockets since he was traded

HP3 likes this.
  12. ballgame

ballgame Member

I think this team is going to be better than last yr's team. How far they go, I'm not sure but they are going to be better

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

You are right, what people think they are watching and what’s really happening rarely align, not only here but everywhere!

its in the nature of human nervous system, we never get to 'see' the reality its always black and white, 2d perception. Its impossible for humans to see the things the way they truly are.

I dont know how reliable is the stat but it could be pretty correct because the real ball movement isnt established yet oladipo and gordon in particular imho stop the ball a lot

whatever any ball movement in harden era was more or less pro forma, it was a mere formality, it was kinda like fake flowers, because you just knew no one of these guys will do anything serious with it and or there was no body movement to make use of it. And thhe guys used to go into their shelves because of the big efficiency god, not taking any initiative because it is not efficient and it may backfire because harden was defacto owner.

and now when the ball moves and others are free to make the plays the ball is really looking for the best opportunity and even if its iso, its a different player so its not the same ole dribble dribble stepback bailout brick.

I think harden does not value possesions so much no real zest and passion and people feel it and thats in part what they describe when they say his game is not fun...

Rockets4Life13 and HP3 like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He did not give up on the city he gave up on the team.

The Rockets are not Houston they are just a part of Houston and not a very big part to tell the truth.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And?

Please explain what this has to do with anything?

HP3 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I have yet to understand what the offense actually is, currently it looks like not much has changed except more people are dribbling who cannot dribble.

It's tough to watch sometimes.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

That's factually incorrect.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I miss the 2018 Harden that wanted to be here and win.

I don't miss the 2020 Harden...at all...

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

I miss the 28 to 30 points

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am the captain now!
    [​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.