1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It might be time

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Jan 24, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes if he had BoB as a HC and that defense behind him with that crappy of a o-line.

TEXNIFICENT and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

When was Watson clubbing or at a BLM protest during the season? This statement is why no one takes you serious.

3. 3Rings

Do you think it happens to a Belichick coached team?

TEXNIFICENT and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. raining threes

You might want to look back at what Brady was doing after he signed with Tampa vs what Watson was doing during the same time period for your answer. BTW, I dont take WOF's like you seriously either. This is why we cant have a decent discussion. I want what's best for the long term city of Houston's football fortunes. You only care about Watson. BTW, the best thing for Houston's football fortunes would be for the McNair's to sell the team.

5. fchowd0311

Ya and Watson absolutely ***** on Brady effiency wise. You have no point. Whatever your argument is for Brady being currently better than Watson, it isn't in the realm of statistics.

6. raining threes

Nope and it wont happen to a team Brady plays for regardless of who the HC is. Brady is a true leader. Watson it's still to be determined but it's not looking good.

Watson followed up 51-7 with a second act of 4-12 and now he wants to be traded. Good riddance

7. fchowd0311

Why would you be so confident in this claim when Brady never played qb for a roster so inept with over the hill coaches like Crennell who is probably retiring running the show?

8. raining threes

Meaningless stats, But hey you keep on living those with the NYJ next season. I notice you didn't answer the WOF part of my post. Very telling.

This is going nowhere, you can have the last word.

9. raining threes

Excuses

For most of his career RAC was the Pats DC and he seemed to do pretty well.

I just LOL at posters that say if Watson just had theright HC he would be a GOAT and compare him to Brady.

10. fchowd0311

You keep on stating "meaningless" stats arbitrarily.

I can dish it to you anyway you want. Watson vs top 10 defenses this year, Watson during 4th quarter situations with a 1 score difference...

Doesn't matter. Watson was a far better passer this season and the past few seasons since he entered the league.

11. fchowd0311

Brady is considered the GOAT due to career accomplishments. Was it an insult for people to say Mcgrady or Kobe was better than Wizards Jordan?

Watson is the better qb than Brady at their respective current stages in their career.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree 100% that Easterby should be gone. He should have been gone the day Bob was canned. I am not sure it would fix things, but it would definitely make things better.

Cal is so ****ing stupid. I think *that* is Deshaun’s biggest issue.

Still, I wouldn’t trade him under any circumstances. For all those saying that the Texans don’t want an unhappy quarterback who is going to potentially sit out....there is no way he is going to sit out for any extended period of time and just not play football.

A few weeks? Maybe.
    A full season? Highly unlikely.
    Do not trade him!!

joshuaao and FLASH21 like this.
  13. raining threes

Yes it was

What I will say is Rodgers had better stats than Brady and both defenses were about equal, yet Brady's going to a 10th SB. This is what I'm talking about when I say stats lie. At the end of the first half Brady made a great throw. At the end of the game Rodgers didn't make a play that was there to be made. (Running with the ball from the eight yd line) Then Brady gets the ball back and makes a couple of plays to end the game.

This is an example of stats vs making winning plays. Let me ask you this if you had 3 TO's with 2 mins left in the game needing a score to win a game who would you rather have playing QB for you? Brady or Watson? The only QB that compares to Brady in these situations is Mahomes. IMHO He's proven it in the playoffs, SB.

14. fchowd0311

Rodgers played better yesterday. The better qb doesn't always have their team win. That's the nature of a sport that has 22 people on the field.

Rodgers has been better than Brady for about half a decade now. Even more.

3Rings likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

For sure, I don't think anyone can do worse than Devlin.

Hey Now! and 3Rings like this.
  16. 3Rings

WOF. That's a weak and lazy comment. When you're caught spewing nonsense, pull the fan card. Find one year that Brady was on a team with a historically bad defense and running game. It's a team sport.

If you cared so much about the long term, you would have been hoping Watson would help bring a championship on his rookie contract. Instead. you spent the past 2-3 years relentlessly and unnecessarily bashing their QB for every real and imaginary mistake. Now that he might be on his way out of town, you couldn't be happier. Even if they take a step back for 2-3 years.

BTW. I do agree with you about the McNairs selling the team.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Josh Allen and Ryan Tannehill made it to the AFC championship game before Deshaun and Lamar. You're absolutely right. A defense and a run game can mask a deficient QB.

3Rings and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. 3Rings

What Brady was doing? He signed with the Bucs in March. He was doing this in May. This is why we can't have a decent conversation with you.

Nimo, clos4life and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

That's a white person hobby unlike clubbing which is a minority person hobby so the former is morally better.

clos4life, 3Rings and TheRealist137 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

It's crazy that someone here is trying to question Watson's work ethic. That's really sad.

clos4life and 3Rings like this.