1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When the Texans hire Leslie Frazier...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 24, 2021.

1. raining threes

Gonna miss you, because Watson is gone and the McNair's aren't selling anytime soon.

No Worries and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Fine. It seems like coordinators are just as important anyway.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

If we are keeping OC Tim Kelly, then wouldn't that suggest we are going with a defensive head coach? Why bring in Bieniemy if we aren't changing the offense?

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Frazier sht the bed vs the Chiefs. Not saying anyone else was going to do a better job, but this dude stayed in a soft zone most of the game and let Mahomes skin them alive. Froze up and didnt even try to disrupt the KC offense.

THIS is who you want as the HC of the Texans?? Might as well just keep RAC as head coach if its going to be this guy or Caldwell.

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, they were saying it was to contain Mahomes, but we've seen a ton of the "play the CBs 10 yards off the WR" coverage here, and it sucks!

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Cal is absolutely 100% going to let Caserio know which candidate he prefers/wants. And if Caserio prefers the other, do you really think that a) he'd go against Cal, but more importantly b) Cal would just rubber stamp the other guy? And before you get your panties in a bunch, this isn't a knock on either guy. This is probably the case for the majority of owners and their teams. I would just say there is more at risk here because Cal seems to place a lot of value on other "factors" in his decision making process. IF he prefers one candidate based on this, he is simply not going to acquiesce. But in either case, to say McNair is not making this hire is flat out wrong.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I am hoping this thread works.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This is my fear too. Bieniemy is going to want to run his own offense, and will probably (and rightfully) want to hire his own assistants. If they are keeping Kelly, that kind of implies that the plan is to hire someone who will be willing to give that up, and that doesn't feel like Bieniemy to me.

3Rings and El_Conquistador like this.
  9. conquistador#11

Let's hope that for the first time you're right. I rooting for it.
    Props to you guys. I for one wanted to believe Cal would have learned from the whole debacle of an off season last year. He's just doubling down on holy stupidity from the wrong people. If they brought a guy like Dungy or Lucas to mentor and gave him his office that would have been cool. Instead they let that thing go around determining who is or is not a 'culture fit'. If you want to get traded all you have to do it get that guy to give you that 'not a culture fit' label .

3Rings likes this.
  10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It could be they are keeping Kelly *until*.... That would be shitty to do to Kelly but if they hire Bieniemy and he's given room to build his own staff, it might be at that point that they release Kelly.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Man, I hope not, but that does sound like something this organization might do.

Hey Now! and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

u know, i think regardless of the coach being hired, that person is bound to fail since there literally is no talent aside from watson, and a few others. So y don't we just hire the dude watson want so if he wants out it's Harden-like scenario.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) We don't know what Tim Kelly's preferred scheme actually is
    2) Has Bieniemy ever designed an offense or called plays?

Not all offensive minded head coaches are resistant to having OCs with different opinions. They blend together. We're ruined by Bill OBrien's arrogance.

I don't think they are going to hire Eric Bieniemy but I don't think Tim Kelly staying would rule it out.

joshuaao, 3Rings and Two Sandwiches like this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why cant it just be Bienemy and Kelly being able to work together? Anything is possible. Even the impossible.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Let alone a banged up Mahomes with the turf toe. Pressuring him and making him run seemed like the obvious thing to do.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

They just watched Kelce run free into the record books. Frazier/McDermott seemed like they didnt even prepare for that possibility - it was wild. Finally when they try to safety up on the TE they allowed Tyreek Hill to run free.

Not easy to contain everyone I get that, but it would have been a start if they tried to rush Mahomes coming off the injury. He sat back there comfortable and the "vaunted" Bills defense only supplied 3 hurries all game. SMH.

17. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

it’s sad how all the bad teams over the years the Browns, the Cardinals, the Aint’s, the Buccaneers and the Bills who were all the laughing stock of the league have turned it around and the Texans have now topped them all off in ineptitude

couple of d's likes this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Cal is taking his sweet time on this and allowing the media to put out all the fluff pieces to try and mitigate the backlash when he hired Frazier. LOL

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Or....they doing their due diligence. If they don't hire Frazier by Friday, then they are waiting to for EB to do an in-person interview.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No doubt the longer they go, the less likely for Frazier. I just don't have confidence in this team to do anything but disappoint.