1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

“I accept the fans’ frustration,” said McNair. “I’ll listen and learn and commit to getting better. We’re trying to win and chase championships, and I’m committed to doing that.”

Committing yourself to doing something is completely different from actually doing it.

Rudyc281 and BigM like this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

“Well, of course it could be done! Anything could be done! But it only is done if it's done. Show me the levels! The bet is the levels.”

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is dumb. Hire the best coach available.
    Hiring a minority just to have a minority is not productive.
    Bienemy is worthy, not because he’s black.

And if Watson is only wanting a minority coach, he doesn’t have the right mentality either. He should want the best coach to lead the team. Again, I think EB could be that guy, but him being black has nothing to do with it.

And if the Texans know that he’s leaving, Caserio needs to hire the coach that can develop young talent and be a calming force. I don’t know who that is.

5. Major

Major Member

Supposedly trying to keep Tim Kelly and interviewing Josh McCown are about keeping Watson happy - neither of whom is a minority. And he seems to love Robert Saleh, who is Lebanese but not black. I'm not sure Watson's issues with the organization are as simple as people try to make them.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I would hope he’s above that. I personally think he is, I hate these reports and his social media responses. It paints everything in a negative light.

raining threes and Major like this.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Cal is committed to the idea that Jesus wins championships. If Leslie Frazier only had Jack Easterby with him on the Bills, they could have prayed hard enough to stop the Chiefs offense.

MrBear1, Two Sandwiches and J.R. like this.
  8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How'd that work out this year?!

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Same could be said about hiring a devoutly religious coach.

Not interviewing Saleh confirms that they're looking for a certain type of candidate. Should it surprise anyone that they're potentially pulling a reverse-racism-type hire? No...

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Or hiring a preacher to run football operations.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/25/m...hips-buccaneers-chiefs-super-bowl-daily-cover

I think Leslie Frazier is the favorite for the Texans’ job. And the Bills’ defensive coordinator, as I see it, is exactly what Houston needs—a sort of adult in the room. I also know that Frazier feels good enough about it to the point that he’s assembled the foundation of a coaching staff (I’d heard Marcus Brady was on it, but he comes off the table now, with the Colts having promoted him from QB coach to offensive coordinator). Now, whether the Texans go through with a full second round of interviews (Eric Bieniemy is still in the mix for the job, too) remains to be seen. And maybe how Sunday went will have an effect on that. But if Frazier gets the job, I really think it’s a good example of how an organization backing a candidate can help. Bills co-owner Kim Pegula felt so strongly about Frazier that she planned to bring him with her to the league’s annual meeting last year (before it was canceled) to get him in front of owners so they could see what she did. Similarly, the coaches, scouts and everyone else seem to be rooting for him here. Which says something about who the guy is. We’ll see where it goes, but good on the Bills for going to bat for Frazier—there’s a reason why that place is becoming one where people want to work.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Maybe.

Do you know EB religious values? Just because it hasn’t been touted, doesn’t mean it is not there. People like to talk about his past, but not his present. 20 years is a long time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theath...-shares-leadership-philosophy-with-execs/?amp

13. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

People are upset with the current state of the Texans, and rightfully so, but I think all the Christian stuff is way overstated but a juicy narrative is hard to resist. Eric Bieniemy was recruited by Bill McCartney and played at the University of Colorado. For those who don't know, McCartney went on to found Promise Keepers- a prominent Christain men's group. I hope EB gets hired given the available candidates.

DVauthrin, primtim24 and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

After watching Frazier’s defense get torn apart at will by Mahomes and Co, I am positive that he is who the Texans will hire as he totally fits what we always settle for.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I mean in all fairness they do that to everybody they are a offensive juggernaut right now.

Fulgore and justtxyank like this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

But will he be black enough for Deshaun? lol

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I do think it's hilarious that the Texans have been attacked all offseason for being racist because they didn't hire EB right out of the gate (when they had no GM!) and will end up hiring a black head coach almost assuredly at this point. There will be no apologies from people like Jemele Hill who called the organization racist, or the author of that article "Racism is destroying the Houston Texans" or all the callers, etc. etc.

The Texans became the poster boy for a league that wouldn't hire Eric Bieniemy after years of interviews. Now they will hire a black coach and they'll still be the racist org while all the other MAGA owners get off.

cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

“With some good authority, it probably won’t be Eric Bieniemy.” - John Lopez

“I heard the same thing before the AFC championship game. I heard Eric Bieniemy as head coach of the Texans is a longshot.” - Landry Locker

conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Let's be honest, @Whenitsover and his info was most likely correct, and the texans have probably been settled on Frazier for weeks. Now, they have to wait a few days, since he just got spanked.

Nothing ceases to amaze me with this team. What would amaze me, is if they hired a long shot, mold breaking candidate, like a Joe Brady or a Mccown, even though they'd get roasted for Mccown.

I don't want Bienemy, necessarily. I want whoever would please Deshaun the most.

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Wouldn’t be surprised but Lopez also said he was hearing Eberflus was the leader last week. Also said a while back a DW4 trade request was imminent and that was right behind him.