1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When the Texans hire Leslie Frazier...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

...how will you feel?

Hopefully this thread is an anti-jinx, but this press conference is going to be pure comedy.

"He's a man of great faith. He's a leader of men. People respect him and his values."

L O freakin' L. Rinse and repeat.

Fyreball, Marteen, noscrusir and 2 others like this.
  2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well I wasn’t excited about Dusty Baker but the Astros were a game away from the World Series.

3. Nook

Nook Member

A year ago the Texans were up on the Chiefs 24-0 in the playoffs.... and now there is a good chance Watson is gone, we lost a top 4 pick and the head coach may very well be retread Leslie Frazier who is seeing his defense violated by ... the Chiefs.

The Texans are still the Texans

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I've watched every single game in franchise history even though I'm not a fanatic, I still follow and my family has PSLs so I go to a lot of games.

If the Texans hire Frazier and trade Watson this offseason, I'm quitting the NFL until Cal is fired or the team is sold. There's no ****ing way I could root for a team that inept and there's no ****ing way I could root for another city.

5. Two Sandwiches

Well said.

#5 Two Sandwiches, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Or...the Texans are actually being very close to the vest. People are assuming Frazier’s faith and agent gives him the edge. All this Frazier is the favorite is probably coming from his Agent.

We will get an idea in the next few days.

No Worries likes this.
  7. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

lol Texans gonna Texan

8. Two Sandwiches

We'll see, but there's a long history of disappointment, underwhelming the fan base, and telegraphing their moves.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The Astros are a well run organization. The Texans are a **** show.

Uprising, Fyreball, clos4life and 8 others like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

No one will know for sure.... but I would bet on the history of this franchise being the best indicator of the immediate future of the Texans... and if that is the case Watson will be gone and the Texans will hire so cheesy Bible thumper coach or whatever is easiest for the organization.... I could actually see the Texans hiring Caldwell or Frazier because it is easier.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The wild card is Caserio. We don't what he will do. He is making the hire, not McNair and Easterby.

Easterby only keeps his job if the Texans' win (if Caserio and the coach succeed).

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Come on now...Cal is making the final call here. If he likes Frazier and Caserio likes EB, you don’t really think he’ll just acquiesce to him right? Don’t forget Cal started this HC search before Caserio was hired. And per Lance Zierlein, Cal brought mommy in on Frazier’s interview. None of that makes any sense if Cal is just gonna sit it out at the end.

Cal is the wildcard here. And as long as Easterby is in the building, he’ll be in Cal’s ear.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess you missed the part where "mommy" was in on EB interview too?

houston19519 likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

It's Scarface. He's literally a mouthpiece to defend the Texans, whatever they do. Next time they do something stupid (likely in the next few days), he'll scream about how terrible they are, and then a few days later, defend them as brilliant and absolutely on top of things. We've seen this as many times as we've seen Cal do something stupid.

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Jim Caldwell sounds better than Frazier.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That’s cool. Further proves that this is not going to be Caserio’s sole call.

17. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Eric Mangini sounds better than Frazier. Anyone would be better than Frazier. Anyone EXCEPT Bienemy is a failure of a hire. And what’s left of the fanbase will turn. The domino effect will ensure Deshaun’s departure. All I can say is people are so fed up with this organization. We had a chance. Well Cal had a chance to do things correctly.... he ****ed it all up. **** cal. **** easterby. If they ruin the HC hire and Deshaun, this organization will be burnt to the ground by this city. Deservedly so

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Caserio is not going to hire someone the owner hates. You own a company and you have a Director of Sales who is recommending someone for hire. You are going to want to meet the person representing your company.

19. raining threes

He's a placeholder while Caerio rebuilds the team after trading Watson.

He's a good DC. Although it certainly didn't look like it tonight. He will certainly help the secondary play.

I would rather have Caldwell he can teach the new young drafted QB how to play the QB position in the NFL.

20. raining threes

Exactly

I think Watson is as good as gone.

Hopefully they get a bevy of draft picks for him.

Nook and Two Sandwiches like this.