1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/23/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep. Pacers were doing the same ever since his return last season.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

did you know that clippers stars eg also had major health issues? george injury was particulary grave
    great then more playing time for young guns!

Houstunna likes this.
  3. Rockets4Life13

He‘s just right.

idc if walls shot is not falling, I’ll take a 8.00 A/TO ratio every day.

some people, maybe including you, have built hate for wall because „he took the ball out of james‘ hands“ and haven’t bypassed that yet.

Wall is a good leader and can lead the offense and get other guys good shots. It’s not a coincidence that we had our best game in a while with him in the lineup.
    The only thing I’d like him to do is to shoot less off the dribble and look to pass first.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry, spent the last five days in the Adirondacks enjoying the winter sports. Looks like I missed a FINE game against the Mavs. Will have to watch the game on LP tomorrow

Rockets4Life13 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

youre enlightening presence was sorely missed, good to have you back, good to know you do sport in real life...a department that it seems most posters here are lacking in

Rockets4Life13 and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

need you to do more of this... perhaps this may be your new shtick?

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Probably the proposed deal will have to be sweetened, but professional scouts and other personnel do assess players for their defense etc, especially if they play well against them. I'm also offering them for a struggling role player. I know it's extremely unlikely to try and make such a trade until the March deadline. EG, Nwaba etc need to be consistent and healthy. Thanks.

BamBam likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

John Wall is making 40 million dollars and produces like a roll player. So comparing contract to production. Yeah he sucks.

D-rock likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THE MIDRANGE IS MONEY

mac_got_this likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is no doubt in my mind that Rockets need to use switch everything as their base defense.

Drop coverage or zone should only be used in Boogie only (no Wood) line ups.

Wood needs to learn how to switch everything, the sooner the better.

He is just useless in drop coverage.

joshuaao, fckbandwagons and ksny15 like this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

They need trading lol

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Please be sure to reference your post when the time comes, and it will, when you realize that Wall is not the future of this team nor will he be the best complement to Wood.

Wall if not injured is the 3rd best player on Rockets at best, behind at least Wood and Dipo, but he is Rockets highest usage player.

Inefficient.

After being the leading analytics team for so long, I'm askance as to why so few on CF refuse to see this.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol, salary is irrelevant. He is having a good season for a guy who had 2 years off

Denovo and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he has low turnovers, shooting 44 percent from the field and a career high 82 percent from the line......that is not inefficient..............oh and his usage rate is only 25.8.........which is real low

Denovo, xtruroyaltyx and hakeem94 like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

His +/- is minus 3.5 on the court this season. It was -4.8 the last season he played for Wizards.

And his net rating is -5.4. He has had only 1 season with an offensive rating higher than 109 and it's not this season. FYI, 109 is good.

For a defensive rating.

Only 1 season with defensive rating under 100.

And TS% is a middling 53.0 and has never been higher than 54 his decade long career.

But you are correct, I misspoke. Both Oladipo and Wood have slightly higher usage than Wall right now. But both have much better TS% so make the most of their minutes.

Nevertheless his usage will jump due to being the only pure PG on the team.

#1056 D-rock, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    MrButtocks likes this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Meh. Salary isn’t irrelevant. Wall has always been a massively overrated empty calorie player just like WB.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can find guys like Nwaba all over the league. PJ Tucker, a superstar version of Nwaba with 3 pt shooting, only got paid 7M a year so that shows you the value of 1 dimensional defensive players around the league, and we aint even talking about Tucker just Nwaba. It'll take more than "sweeteners" for teams to take on EG's contract.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If wood and Cousins dont start together I will be mad. Cousins has earned a start. Dipo and PJ need to come off the bench.

verysimplejason and hakeem94 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

way to go Joe, your anger is 100% justified! well, perhaps not 100% but you get iit, its more like 72 or even 73%

Joe Rocket likes this.