1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

John McClain went from there is no way they are trading Deshuan, to if they trade him to the Jets. I swear McClain is such a waste of space, he brings absolutely nothing to the Chronicle.

2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I like the Chronic. But hate McClain.

deb4rockets and gatsby like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

to what purpose?

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m just waiting for Watson to come out and say things can’t be fixed and he’s done all he can

he’s outta here

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. awc713

awc713 Member

Got a real keyboard warrior out here. Odds you call Watson a p***y to his face? Probably the same odds as Cal McNair winning it all without Watson on his team (just so we’re clear: 0%).

UTSA2step, Sooty and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

people can continue to hold out hope all they want to...I think we all know how this will end

I hope u do big things with your next organization Deshaun

8. Major

Major Member

Your goal is to challenge Cal, but his goal is different - it's just to get out of here. He's doing exactly what he needs to do to achieve his objectives. It's a phenomenally smart and effective power play - he's first going to burn bridges with the organization. If need be, he'll turn the fans on him so they want him gone too - why does he care what a bunch of Houston fans think? He's aiming to move his career elsewhere so Houston fans will be irrelevant in the end. Sounding childish is a means to the endgame because Houston fans hating him only helps his cause. At the end of the day, he's trying to make it untenable for the Texans to keep him, and because he has a no-trade clause, he can control where he ends up. He has power, he knows he has power, and he's using it fully.

Nook and GermanRakete like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If that is the case, hopefully the reports are true about Jets. Take them for everything they have. That also tells me he’s not as intelligent as I thought.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

McClain floating a trial balloon. Watch, two 1st and two 2nds will become a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, two 4ths, and a 5th then he'll be like, Wow! Six picks! That's even better!

Marteen and BMoney like this.
  11. Texanstradamus

Ian reported earlier today teams are calling but they ain’t trading him I take what mcclain says with a grain of salt when it comes to trade talk and roster moves

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

i don’t understand how this is incredibly smart or effective?

like his other option is to just pick up the phone and call Cal and say “yo, I ain’t playing” which ends up in the same situation, imo ... except probably accelerated.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I truly feel bad for those of you still emotionally or actually invested in this team.

That said,

giphy (1).gif

Nook, gatsby, macho87 and 2 others like this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

I'm not a b**** like you, I could care less if he stays or goes. So if I saw him right now to his face I would say stop acting like a p***y

15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Agree -- the timeline has value and right now it's just being drug out by Watson letting this smoke fester with no response.

You'd think after cashing his $27 million signing bonus check in December, Watson could at least extend ownership the courtesy of returning their phone calls.
    It's just about being professional. Some people don't learn until much later in life, if at all.

Separately, and unrelated to Watson, I feel like communication skills and being respectful, responsible, and professional are the biggest drivers between being a successful businessman and flipping burgers at Wendy's. And guess what -- all of these skills are free to learn and exhibit.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/25/m...hips-buccaneers-chiefs-super-bowl-daily-cover

The Texans are sending signals that they’ll try to keep Deshaun Watson.
    Word is floating around that Watson is resolved to get himself out of Houston, and that the one thing that won’t change—who owns the team—is a big part of the problem. But the Texans very clearly aren’t giving up yet, and their handling of offensive coordinator Tim Kelly is a tell on that. The Lions, Titans and at least two other teams put in requests to speak to Kelly about jobs, and the Texans blocked those teams from talking to him. Watson, it’s been well-established, really liked playing for Kelly down the stretch, and in the midst of a messy situation, in 2020. Will keeping him on the staff of a Frazier or Bieniemy prompt Watson to reverse course? In a word, no. I was told Saturday night that while Watson likes Kelly, the issues he has with the organization run much deeper than who his OC will be. But I do think it’s at least a small sign that Caserio is going to work to get Watson back in the fold—which, in my mind, is exactly what he should be doing.

sammy and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Texans need to hire the third black coach in the NFL and force Watson to be the one to decide to hamstring that coach from the beginning.

Roc Paint, mikol13, JayZ750 and 2 others like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't get me wrong...Deshaun is welcome to "change his mind", but that doesn't mean the Texans have to give him up on a team-friendly contract. Not their fault he signed it. Deshaun lost his leverage to demand out once that took place.

deb4rockets, Icehouse and JayZ750 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol no you wouldn't. If you did I bet your voice cracks mid sentence.

awc713 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man I really wished the Chiefs lost yesterday so the Texans can move more quickly on hiring the coach that appeases Watson. Now we just have two more weeks of being anxious with Watson settling in his thoughts of leaving.