1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Damn, I love this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 23, 2021.

1. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

get use to mediocrity also buddy lol

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Your face is garbage.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The team was fun to watch last night.
    Until everyone is back 100% and Silas can actually set up permanent rotations I don't see us making the playoffs. We have been pretty inconsistent.
    Mainly due to the Harden drama and injuries.

GotGame15 likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Welcome to The 2002-04 Houston Rockets

Rocket River

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This team sucks lulz.

palmsnbananas, TEXNIFICENT and HP3 like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

We are making the playoffs. Rox are 3-3 since Harden trade which puts them at 8th spot. Keep in mind Rockets had one of the strongest schedules so far. Next 10 games 8 are sub 0.500 teams so you should see them rise through the rankings.

Rockets aint a joke man. They have a lot of potential.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol I actually think this team is a lot better than that Yao Francis mess. For one thing we got a lot of young and hungry guys vs old leftovers from Knicks.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

U r

Rockets34Legend likes this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

yo mama

Rockets34Legend likes this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I watch our team and how much our guys fight every possession then I watch the Nets and see what a "superstar" team is like.

Harden being the same lazy ass defender as always and never dives for loose balls. Stands at half court when he doesn't have the ball.

Kyrie doing the similar superstar **** like being a black hole on offense and lets every guy blow past him on defense.

I used to give Harden a pass because he needs to "carry" the offense but now he's on the Nets, he's still doing the same thing.

I'm glad we made the Nets trade because all signs point towards us getting future lottery picks.

18pbr, ashleyem, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Only to give it away to OKC

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Francis was a 2nd or 3rd year 20-6-6 guy
    Yao was a double double maching
    Cutinno could fill it up

Rocket River

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

It had top end but no depth and role players. We have talent comparable to the top end but we also have depth and role players the old squad didnt have...except for backup big men anyway.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets need to commit to the rebuild. I'd have a fire-sale at the deadline:

1. Oladipo ( 1-yr left & could fetch a couple of 1sts. Walks for nothing after this year)
    2. Gordon (Could save money on the years left on his deal & get the Rockets a 1st.)
    3. Tucker ( 35, 1 year left & maybe a contender throws you a 1st. Or hell I'd take a couple of 2nds. Walks for nothing after this year)
    4. S. Brown (1-yr left & & could get the Rockets a 1st. Walks for nothing after this year)
    5. House Jr. (It's time. Cat Brain & could get the Rockets a 2nd)
    6. Nwaba (1 year left & could get the Rockets a 2nd.Walks for nothing after this year)

You still have Wood as the centerpiece moving forward and if you could deal Wall you're talking serious cap space then, on top of the accumulated draft choices.

#94 TEXNIFICENT, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  15. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I'm just glad we don't have to watch Russ.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why will other teams give up picks for players they can get on the open market a couple of months later?

Realistically only Dipo and Tucker will net you assets at the deadline as they are coveted free agents. Nwaba and SBrown are journeymen and wont be worth anything. House and/or Mclemore can maybe get you a protected 2nd ala Porter JR. We would have to pay teams picks to take EG off our hands not receive picks. You have to look at other team perspective if we dont want EG cuz of his inconsistent play why the heck would other teams give a pick to take him off our hands?

Clearing cap for this summer does nothing as there is nobody to spend it on unless you want a repeat of Morey's free agent bonanza when he paid Anderson 18M and EG 16M cuz Bazemore of all people turned him down.

groovemachine likes this.
  17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Agreed we have to be smart and wait until we can make a solid move. We need to get our next stars by patient.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are exciting.

DD

bro2044 and 18pbr like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Teams that think that can contend this year will be interested some of the Rocket ‘ s vets. Contenders make short term moves like that all the time.

Saving Tillman money is always good thing. Cap Room can also net you draft picks in the right situation ( the ability to take on salary from another team). Bottom line, the guys who’s contract is up at season’s end, they’re not coming back and the Rockets shouldn’t let them walk for nothing. I think you’re wrong about EG btw.

#99 TEXNIFICENT, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    DaDakota likes this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah not to mention that terrible 2012 draft which Rockets selected Royce White, T Jones and Jeremy Lamb. Can you believe they passed on guys like Jae Crowder, Will Barton and yes the one and only Draymond Green? Hindsight is so much easier I suppose but it illustrates the poor draft decisions by Morey and company in years past. And the guys we did draft and develop (clint, trez) we got rid of. The history of Morey Ball.