1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Dude the were 4-12 with him playing as well as he can play. They are so far behind the 4 teams playing today it’s not even funny. I’m not sure how much more mediocre they can be.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

See above about repercussions around the league and how the NFL tends to steer franchises to make certain decisions to avoid bad precedents. Even the most acrimonious of “holdouts” and franchise tag disputes get resolved in large part due to a league-wide consistency on how those issues are handled internally.

Players/teams can resolve issues. Players who create league-wide repercussions sometimes don’t resolve issues.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And that is watsons fault how? We lost games by one score with him trying to compensate how shtty the entire team composition is made due to an incompetent front office. Yet instead of supporting the qb that is literally the best we ever had, u r supporting the shtty front office decision to become patriots of the south once more.

A franchise with a great qb can always aspire to potentially do great. No franchise qb equal sht. The role of qb is hard to replace.

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Probably so. He sounds pretty dug in at the moment though, and I don’t blame him. He’s very likely going to waste his career here. When everyone loses, it’s never a good move.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They were 10-6 with a slightly better defense, a slightly better running game, and actually worse passing numbers (i.e.- Hopkins being out actually didn’t hurt Watson).

Both teams weren’t going to win the SB. That’s the point.... that’s where they need to get to.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Did I say it was his fault? I said in spite of him playing well the team was garbage. And without fuller and watt it’s gonna be worse this season.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Players don’t have to sign contracts or extensions if that’s the case...

If he’s dug in... and teams give over a king’s ransom... you listen. If not, you don’t.

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yep. That I agree with. And he’s worth a ransom.

9. Fantasma Negro

Do these people know this is a ****ing football team? What the **** is wrong with people

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Please elaborate.

11. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

The Texans sound like a really toxic place to work at.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Which also is puzzling... because if a team does end up giving over what he’s truly worth.... and lets just say its a team like the Jets that have a ton of issues/holes/rebuilding to do all over the place, what kind of situation is that truly going to leave Watson with?

Basically a worse current roster with even less picks going forward? But I guess he can always get out of any bad situation if he really wants to, no?

conquistador#11 and whag00 like this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Surprised BOB hasn’t been asked for a comment... especially since he’s already gotten his next job lined up.

14. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious as to the cap hit for Watson the next two years. It appears a trade does no good this year as far as freeing up money for free agency.
    I'm sure my thought is not popular. But I say,, Hold him regardless this year at least until the trade deadline. Trade him and JJ separately. Free up cap money for next year. Take the best package for Watson, get a third or hopefully a 2nd for Watt. You will have 2 firsts high I suspect. And lots of freed up cash for free agency.
    Makes a 5 year rebuild a 3 year rebuild. Especially if you give Easterburry and McNair a bunch of Highlights to read through during the off season. Just a different take.

15. dookiester

dookiester Member

lol he gets a pass bc it's not his job to communicate with management in a way that doesn't offend you. his job is to play quarterback and he did it as well as anyone in the league this year and historically has played better than any qb in franchise history. the texans front office did not do their job very well and historically has not done their job very well. the front office doesn't need people do defend them or deflect around how watson 'should' handle being on a crappy team with crappy management. what they need is someone to stop them from making terrible decisions. watson realizes this and that's why he's pissed, which he has every right to be. the texans have every right to continue making bad decisions and they can dole out whatever repercussions they want if the situation continues.

16. Fantasma Negro

The tone of the "reporting" is embarrassing. Its just ****ing football. You would think Cal ****ed Deshaun's girlfriend or something

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It’s an eternal rebuild till you find another franchise QB... and it takes another 3-5 years after you think you’ve found one to validate whether or not they truly are one.

Taking that mindset/time-frame into consideration... a 3 month standoff right now to try and work something out is absolutely what they have to do.

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Cal screwed the org for the foreseeable future by employing O’Btien and Easterby. The screw job is why this thread exists. Think on that for a moment.

BamBam likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It’s still somehow easier to fix that situation than it is to find another franchise QB.

NotInMyHouse and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member