1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Was thinking the same thing, very much interesting why they would even consider it if Deshaun is gone.

2. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

The Texans managed to **** this up badly. I understand the Watson critics and agree to a certain extent that he should have handled this better, but how on earth could you let a preacher ruin this franchise. This might be the dumbest way to destroy a franchise. Let me clear about what we are about to lose. We are going to lose the ONLY franchise QB that we have ever had in our entire existence. I do not trust the ownership nor do I trust the front office to draft well.

we are potentially looking at a franchise that is going to have the worst record for the next 5-10 years. That is not hyperbole, it is reality. We have no talent on this team outside of maybe 4-5 players. I cannot stress this enough, the current path that we are going down would require us to nail all of our draft picks for the next few years and somehow get a franchise QB. I wish Texans fans would stop buying the ****ing merchandise like they are NPCs and stop going to the games. This is unacceptable to lose a player like Watson and we shouldn’t support Cal at all. If enough fans stopped showing up and buying merchandise then maybe Cal would have to sell this team to somebody more competent.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm so sad now. This is depressing. I'm hoping these reports are overblown.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

It all began when Rick Smith lost the Bill O Brien power struggle.

NotInMyHouse, whag00 and Htown Legend like this.
  5. Major

Major Member

People like Frazier and EB and Caldwell aren't getting other opportunities (for whatever reason). That's the reason they take it. Someone like Joe Brady or Brian Daboll, who know they will have endless opportunities, won't take it.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Until after the new HC is hired, has a chance to reach out to Deshaun, and put together a staff, I’m not believing any more reports until it comes straight from the horses mouth. If we hire EB, and Deshaun still wants out, then so be it

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Any new coach black or white is being set up 4 failure. No fking way will we post even a .500 without Watson at the helm, our team is that shtty.

Get ready for next few years carousel of coaches and qbs after Watson is gone.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It’s unique from the standpoint that no NFL player has done this right after signing an extension. (And still, he hasn’t officially requested anything... still likely keeping as many options open as possible).

There is no real precedent for this and the Texans will never get back proper value in a trade or cap relief, thus there is major incentive for them to also exhaust all possibilities. Additionally the NFL likely doesn’t want this sort of precedent where every angry player can look at this situation and emulate it. Each team is too valuable/powerful and the nfl doesn’t depend on big market viewership only like the NBA and MLB do.

The league figured out how to deal with the holdout situation when players don’t show up. There’s not much difference here other than the time of the year it’s happening.

The Watson camp is getting to set the full narrative right now... if there’s some negative Watson stuff that starts to leak, then it’s likely that there’s now a true stalemate.

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Deshaun deserves the same opportunity that his team has. I'm signing this deal and if I later decide I want out then I can use whatever leverage I have to get out. If his team suddenly decides they don't want him then they can dump him. They gave away the full leverage with a nontrade clause but the point remains, since that was negotiated. If teams can change their mind I have no issue with players doing the same. If the Rockets wanted to trade CP3 then they shouldn't have given him all that guaranteed money, right?

10. awc713

awc713 Member

I think it’s somewhere in the middle. Everything out right now is just speculation, but you have to think things aren’t peachy at NRG. Still NOT good.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If players are really willing to give up guaranteed money, then more of this could happen... but it’s unlikely since most nfl players rely on that game check more so than other sports where there is less injury risk and more overall guaranteed salaries.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What has Watson done to the franchise b4 this saga that screwed us for years? Who was the dumb fk that promoted BoB to gm? Who was the dumb fk that approve the trades for tonsil and Hopkins in sht lopside trade? Watson has been a good little soldier and the one moment he decides to call shtty front office for being run poorly, he's the one actively sabotaging the team.

Jeszus christ revisionists will spin it to defend our sht franchise at all cost.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Report: I don't care what Watson wants or thinks about anything at all no matter who the coach is going to be.

He's locked down long term so he can either put his big boy pants on and dry his eye and do his job or he can retire/ seek employment outside of the NFL.

It's beyond time to start ignoring this drama queen.

Kemahkeith and El_Conquistador like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

“If they trade Watson...”

If?

John, what happened to “Texans are not trading Watson!” “Absolutely not, Watson will not be traded!” “I have a better chance of becoming head coach than Watson does being traded.”

Nook, gatsby, Two Sandwiches and 4 others like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I want Trevor or no one else qb wise. No darnold, jimmy g, or fields

Two Sandwiches and stevel like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This team isn’t going to win anytime soon either with or without Watson. It’s probably best for everyone to move on. I don’t think Cal is genuinely stupid, but I do think he is impossibly ignorant. That can change. Maybe one day he will either learn from all of this, or sell the team, but until one of those two things happen this organization is doomed either with or without Deshaun.

18. Texanstradamus

It’s the same report every week nothing change at this point the media has nothing else to report so they will keep talking about this for clicks unless Watson request a trade it’s a moot point of speculation nothing more cause the media don’t even know what the coach is Nick caserio doesn’t have anything leaking out of NRG right now and Watson is in offseason mode once the coach is hired we will be able to see how things pan out it’s still JANUARY people

UTSA2step likes this.
  19. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

The reality is, thanks to B'OB, even if Watson wanted to retire a Texan, his next 3-4 years would be wasted as we try to rebuild around him. No first rounders, future HOF gone, top defensive talent not retained. It's a massive hole, and I just don't want to watch Watson play on a miserable team during the prime of his career. He deserves better, and maybe Houston can reset with some adults in the room and try to get this right for the first time in awhile.

awc713 likes this.
  20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Watson is 25. You keep him in any scenario