1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It might be time

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Just getting burned out on all of this. If Deshaun wants a trade, he needs to be held accountable and just ****ing say it. Sick of “sources say” crap. It has been weeks now.

also as much as I want to keep him, BOB and Eastersnake screwed this franchise up so badly that we need a TON of draft picks to begin to move our way out of it and perhaps DW4 is the only way to get those picks.

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I think this is where my mind is too. Building around Deshaun means conceding yet another season and potentially two (I do think solid coaching gets us back into playoffs, but not contenders) with the hopes of becoming truly competitive the following year if everything breaks just right.

Trading Deshaun means clean reboot with a refresh on lost assets. You still have to hit on your future qb and the timeline is likely the same as above is not one more year removed - but the ability to field a more competitive team at that time is what's more sexy.

Have heard solid things on Fields comparing to Mahomes. Haven't done any research. Is there enough QB talent in this draft to make a move with the Jets?

raining threes likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans & Rockets having to trade their stars because of shitty ownership and having to restock the empty cupboard because of previous shitty trades. LOL

[​IMG]

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Sure, there is absolutely significant blame to go to both ownership groups. One is apparently learning from their mistakes, the other is doubling down.

I don't see how Cal can garner any respect while Watson is the quarterback. You don't go all in on "trading the owner" if you plan on being respectful in the future.

Cal needs to hit the reset button and thereafter lock himself into his mansion to never return. He can bring his super-pal Creeperby to play their religious games together.

Just let Caserio run the team and let the new coach, coach. All Cal has to do is put his e-signature on the checks and make sure they cash.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Just wait till the Correa trade is announced.

raining threes likes this.
  7. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

This is assuming we draft well. It took the Browns 20 years to get it right, and the Jaguars have also been consistently bad. There is no evidence that tanking will work with the current ownership and front office.

Red.Glare likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

This. This is my new avatar.

Roc Paint, Kim and NotInMyHouse like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Narrative switch once again shifting blame from ownership to everyone and acting as if it is the Texans choice to move Watson and “a rebuild” is the right move.

Fans should be incredibly angry, the incompetence of ownership is going to result in the Texans losing a Hall of Fame QB just entering his prime.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Theres no point in rebuilding as long as junior and is at the helm steering the ship into the rocks while Grima Wormtongue whispers in his ear.

A new start requires strong direction by competent leaders to succeed. Best option for now is to limp along as best we can and not be a constant embarasment. If they burn it all down for first round picks they'll blow them on Tim Tebows, Ryan Leafs and Tony Mandarichs and in 4 years well be talking about another rebuild, but without any quality players to trade for draft capital.

They're never going to win at all so they should hold onto whatever little bobbles we've managed to aquire through dumb luck to provide a little enjoyment to cary us thorough the near constant sorrow.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

They are bringing back the same team that was 4-12 and are like 17 million over the cap. They don't have high draft picks. They haven't found a coach yet and the mess they are creating is not going to encourage free agents to come here for a pay cut. The next two years might be ugly anyways.

Edit: not to mention a QB who is at the very least unhappy with the team.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Watson + a bad rest of team does not bring playoff success to the Texans -- that has now been proven. O'Brien put us in an awful situation, and the only way out is a boatload of picks. For the betterment of the future, we must unload the assets that can fetch picks. And now Watson has selfishly put us in an awful situation where the only way out is a divorce where we get less than half of the estate.

The next coach almost doesn't matter, as we'll be in rebuild mode. The next coach will be the Bo Porter of the Texans -- here for the rebuilding years, but gone in a heartbeat when it's time to contend. So yeah, who cares, bring in Bieniemy, bring in Frazier, bring in Dom Capers for all I care -- the next few years will be horrific.

13. texans1095

texans1095 Member

The biggest problem with this line of thinking is that if Watson is traded, it proves Jack’s and Carl’s incompetence even more than it’s already been proven. And I don’t know how we would magically trust Jack and Cal with those assets moving forward after a Watson trade. Even if we had a coach like EB, do we really trust Jack and Cal to not screw it up all over again? Who would want to come play here? Who in their right mind would ever sign an extension here?

Look, I love the idea of having tons of draft picks (however, not when those picks are acquired by trading the second most valuable asset in the entire NFL). It’s always fun to get into the draft and research top prospects. BUT, it would literally be a franchise killing move to trade him. At least until the team was sold to someone else, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not buying this.

If we hire Eric B...Watson stays I’m sure of it.

Make some moves here or there on defense...new defensive scheme

And we are right back in it.

We can compete with everybody we’ve shown it....only the defense has always gave up the games late.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I wouldn’t be so sure, there are even more reports that Watson is gone.

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Correa loves Houston and isn’t going anywhere

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm with you but I'm also hoping a new mind in the room, NC, will lead to better decisions.
    Its not just the draft picks; its also the growing chance that they have a disgruntled QB. You don't trust Cal and Easterby with a rebuild, I don't trust them to fix the current situation.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

We said the same about James Harden.

Marteen and airflights92 like this.
  19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Gone with 5 years left on his contract?

20. texans1095

texans1095 Member

That’s fair. If Caserio establishes that he’s clearly in control, they have a legit HC, then I’d be much more okay with it.