1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Mason Jones will be a...

1. MVP

2. All-Star

3. Basic

4. Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chamillionaire

For sure. They should both get a lot of burn hopefully. I don't even care if we win much this year. Not expecting it actually. Just wanna see a few of the young guys develop.

joshuaao, hakeem94, banzai and 3 others like this.
  2. dookiester

dookiester Member

Jones in particular deserves more minutes than Oladipo, who has been pretty bad so far. We just have too many guards to give them all minutes, but I'd roll with Sterling Brown and Mason Jones over Dipo and Wall right now, and find out what Kevin Porter has when he's ready. This team ain't winning a championship with Wall and Dipo as our best players, might as well start developing the young guys (who all seem to have much better shot selection than our veterans). Sadly we are likely going to see more of Dipo and Wall and less of the young guys.

ilias and rhee like this.
  3. entaro

entaro Member

When will the 45 days two way contract ends with the Rocket? I think it's more than 30 days already, Rockets need to sign him up ASAP.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both Dipo and Wall are playing too many minutes which is insane considering their injuries.

Have same fear with Boogie and Nwaba.

Silas needs to monitor the fresh from injury players minutes better.

Even Tucker is going to be run into the ground.

This is not a championship contending team so running these players so hard makes no sense.

Play more players like he promised.

hakeem94 and rhee like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I like all three of them ...

Tate has an all around game and I think playing him as a wing is playing him out of position. You play him as a 2 guard and let him bully people, he can get to the rim and pass at a very high level , if he improves his outside shot he's got real potential. Probably has the highest floor of the three because of his defense.

Brown is a sharpshooter that can play good D ....wish they had him on one of those cheap 3 year deals.

Jones has a little Harden in him .... good 3 ball , good drive & isn't afraid of contact.

They can all three be rotation players , even if it doesn't happen here. I wouldn't bet on any of them becoming an allstar but it wouldn't shock me if one of them did eventually make an allstar game.

Tate is on a 3 year deal , Brown is an UFA after this season and Jones is RFA , hopefully they can get Jones a multi year deal at a reasonable cost.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Regardless whether we keep or trade Dipo he needs pt to rack up those stats

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

No team is gonna pony up money on jones lol. Wood put up insane stats and still couldnt get more than 12M a year. We can technically keep Brown as well since Rox would be significantly under cap next year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Good to see you're wrong, again smh

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Small doses of Mason until we can trade Victor and perhaps Gordon. I think we are stuck with Wall at this point. Mason is good we need to make sure we can afford him when the time comes.

10. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

That time is coming very soon when he'll be out of time on his two-way. If we don't sign him to a multi-year deal now, we'll have to offer him one in the offseason as an RFA. We can definitely afford him no matter what and can go over the cap to sign him

jimmyv281, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wow, I didn't know that.

12. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

His game reminds me of Brandon Roy. Am I alone on that one?

Not necessarily that he'll be as good as B Roy but a similar skill and style

13. ball king23

ball king23 Member

got some range on his 3s he will get there with decision making can we get KMJ some PT

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Any idea when his 45 days lapses?

saleem likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah Mason Jones has that "Why in the hell is this guy busting my ass, he doesn't look like he is doing anything" kind of game. Just like Roy.

Bo6, hakeem94, Zen Tabak and 2 others like this.
  16. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I think due to COVID they changed the limit to 50 games this year.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

games or days? It's usually a "days with team" limit.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

thats been changed to games for covid.

hakeem94 and heypartner like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lock Jones up on a 4 year deal already. I’ve seen enough. Give that man 4/12 with a team option.

joshuaao, rockets1995 and Ramo$e like this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He would have never made it if Morey was here. Morey never made these type of moves and when he did they never worked out because MDA never played them. Amazing how you haters forget this fact. No one saw the light of day beyond his nursing home 7 man rotation.