1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/23/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it doesnt mean nothing... btw keep him locked up in the gym shooting the 3 HES A DOG MY GOD!

D-rock likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice job covering all the bases,
    doubter!

clos4life, D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think you forgot his block on Luka!
    btw if i recall well nwaba started hitting 3s last night... hope hes in the gym right now so the trend continues

D-rock likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That was a really solid ass whoopin'.

No Worries, clos4life and D-rock like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

In stone we trust!

Joe Rocket and PeterKingX like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

for the season, he has the rare stat of having a lower TS (70.7%) than eFG (72.3%), due to his 53% FTs. :confused:

clos4life, D-rock, s3ts and 4 others like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

To say it was a win is an understement and an overstatement.

Its understated because it wasnt a freakin win, it was a piece of art!

And its overstatement because it was a virtual loss for the pro tankers... ;)

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and Jontro like this.
  8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I didn't get to watch the game, only highlights but Wall having 8 assists and only 1 TO is huge for us if he can continue to play this way as a facilitator. The bad shooting is worrisome but expected and at least he was making the right plays out there and we all now he can score better than he did last night.

We need Wall to be more of a facilitator that picks his spots with this team especially when Wood, Gordon or Oladipo are playing since they are technically better scorers than Wall. I am hoping the coaching staff is working with Wall on deferring to these 3 rather than trying to be "the man". Maybe give Wall 3-5 minute spurts in the 1st and 2nd half where he is asked to get to the basket but I think he will play better and more consistent if he doesn't have the burden of scoring on him every night. It will take him to see this for himself just as much as it will for the coaching staff to work with him on it. Shots at the rim, catch and shoot 3's only, very few mid range shots and as close to a 3:1 assist to TO ratio as possible in 25-30 minutes a night.

His trade value and value to this team will increase more as an efficient facilitator (see Chris Paul) rather than a player trying to do too much. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and he can help others on the team have career years like he did for guys like Ariza, the Polish Hammer, etc. during his Wizards tenure.

D-rock, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I think harden cp3 and capela show caused him to retire the schtick

clos4life and saleem like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

give us the block on luka

s3ts likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah it was similar to cp3 capela connection, youd expect 2 players of such caliber to have an unbelievable connection and it was pretty meh

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its honestly weird that both oladipo and wall are having trouble throwing a lob pass to a guy whos awesome catching it

13. DLT

DLT Member

This is where I disagree. I don't think that any of those guys are better scorers than Wall. He's literally scored more than all of them and has had bigger playoff games than all of them. The narrative around Wall will change here soon. I actually think him and Oladipo will flow well together

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

This guy looks good af. Had no idea.

CLE is so stupid. I guess they're fine bleeding out with their new superstar-in-the-making in Sexton.

D-rock likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

saleem likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm sure Cuban's smug face was somewhat humbled after this defeat.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I said in the beginning of the season that Eric Gordon would need many touches per game to come anywhere
    close to the amount he earns contract wise. I mentioned it would be tough because Harden, Wall, C Wood, Cousins,
    House, Tate also need touches to get their groove on. I noted the 50 spot vs Utah last season as evidence
    of Gordon without Westbrook/Harden.

Since then, Wall / House have been AWOL, Harden traded. In a lineup thread before season I mentioned Wall
    getting about 25 minutes a game. Rookie coach mistake playing him over 33 minutes a game to start the season.
    Out 2 years, you don’t just throw him out there, into the fire. Last night he played close to 21 minutes, near
    where I said he needed to be to last the season.

I also mentioned that a rookie coach would want to win every game by playing his stars big minutes.....wanting to
    prove he is worthy of being a head coach. Now Gordon can get minutes. I had Cousins as starter getting around 24 minutes a game, because I didn’t think he would accept backup role. Now he has a good game, conveniently as a
    starter.

I question many of the players intentions this early going of the season. Harden/Tucker defensive efforts.....now
    Cousins lame showing as backup. Tucker is playing somewhat better now that Harden is gone.....issues between
    players and their roles still remain. Cousins-Wood? Eric Gordon-Wall/Oladipo?

D-rock and saleem like this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Name a contending team that will take on Eric Gordon’s contract.......and I will tell you if it’s a viable option

Most contenders look for a hired gun slinger on an expiring contract or low wages. Not all; but most.

D-rock likes this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're correct. I do think that some things are starting to fall into shape. Silas needs to realize what's working and what isn't. Nice to see you on the board as always, my friend.