1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taiwan reports large incursion by Chinese air force

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I have to give it to you. You are consistent, beside reality.

I predict Biden will withdraw from debates - Commodore, March '20

There is zero chance Biden agrees to any debate. He's an empty vessel. - Commodore, Aug '20

Biden looks on death's door. He will "test positive" for Covid to skip the debates - Commodore, Sept '20

Biden's rotting corpse - Commodore, Jan '21

Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not sure why the US would defend Taiwan. China is self aware enough not to invade until they know they can win without deep consequences. Could be next 15 or next 30. All that matters to them is looking strong and in control.

I guess if they didn't put the boot on HK and demand for more civil rights spread across other regions, maybe they'll go full Republican and invade Taiwan for the lulz. They're more than ok saber rattling and poisoning Taiwan through other channels.

That link is a bit inflationary. The US didn't force China to join the Korean war against the UN. The US didn't force the Soviets to invade Afghanistan. All of these accusations weaken and dilute the number behind the headline.

I guess it serves as discussion bait over our decades of meddling around the world. Americans haven't really cared about that part.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If smell could travel via the internet, the odor from the rot in your "brain" would empty the forum.

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Taiwan says Chinese jets made record 380 incursions in 2020

TAIPEI (AFP) - Chinese jets made a record 380 incursions into Taiwan's defence zone last year, a defence official said Tuesday (Jan 5) , as a military-linked think-tank warned tensions were now at their highest since the mid-1990s.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...inese-jets-made-record-380-incursions-in-2020

7. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

To be honest, I didn’t read the link. I was having a discussion and she shared it. I told her don’t believe everything you read on the internet. You can have a debate all day and nobody would win because no one actually really knows what happens. Just like Trump diet soda button.

I am not for “the forget everyone else mentality” but I find it stupid how we have a homeless problem but we can spend billions defending an island that we don’t acknowledge as a country.

Also This is on the USA website

The United States changed its diplomatic recognition from Taipei to Beijing on January 1, 1979. In the 1979 U.S.-PRC Joint Communique, the United States recognized the Government of the People’s Republic of China as the sole legal government of China

If you click on the joint communique.

7.The Government of the United States of America acknowledges the Chinese position that there is but one China and Taiwan is part of China.

I just wish our government would just admit, this is about the Taiwan government buying our military equipment and making our computer chips. This is too valuable to lose. Instead we make this about the people.

Sure if China invades, it’s a different story but like you said I don’t think China is stupid. Clearly that agreement with the USA, China just needs to wait for a pro-China Taiwan president to win election...

#27 MightyMog, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021