1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN needs to stop doing this

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, Jan 23, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Stop doing what... reporting the news?

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Stop acting like NK propaganda.

AroundTheWorld and B@ffled like this.
  3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

CNN can't come out and say how dumb, racist and destructive Trump voters were due to demographics and ratings - this is the same reason middle-aged white women violating health codes are aloud to freak out and verbally abuse staff in retail stores mid-day and mid-week, so giving Biden a little sugar on media day is a nice release. You should have a decent enough memory of Bill Clinton's campaign and presidency to appreciate how easily media of record like CNN, New York Times, Time, 60 Minutes, Dateline and Newsweek will publicize and scandalize any unfavorable news about a liberal or Democratic president.

4. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You'd think there would be a market for pure news. Filter out the opinions or inform the audience that the piece is an opinion piece and be diligent about correcting the story if it turns out to be wrong. Hell, they could take other stations' reporting and do segments when they are false, the reporter's opinion or unsubstantiated. I'd tune in.

Slyonebluejay, DaDakota and dachuda86 like this.
  5. biina

biina Member

Where was that opinion the past 4yrs

mdrowe00 and Deckard like this.
  6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

The closest you get to pure news is reading articles off the AP and Reuters websites and making up your own opinion on the matter. Short of that, BBC and some of the international broadcasts do a decent job of not wading into the American partisan divide.

mdrowe00 and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

Dont forget that cnn was the one that aired this interview whuch went viral right before the election which hurt the biden campaign

You think fox would have ran the same interview knowing it would hurt their canidate right before an election? You right wing nut thuggers make me laugh

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I know this is just an opinion but most people who watch fox would never admit they were watching biased news. You can tell because they just parrot the same lame talking points, as evidenced in this forum.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Scandals are a different subject. A news agency couldn't ignore the Clinton cheating accusations. It was part of his story as a candidate. Not too mention Clinton confirmed he was poon hound.

Meanwhile all the Trump rape allegations disappeared when he won. And he hasn't raped anyone while in office.

Bad analogy bro

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Donald Trump incited a violent attack on a federal legislative session to overturn an election, which resulted in the shooting death of one woman and the trampling death of another, by assholes who held the same views as you and were just as desperate to reframe reality. A journalist viewing the same physical area in a positive light due to Trump's replacement and removal by a cooler and more qualified head is not unfair commentary no matter your personal dementia. Your idiotic attempt to compartmentalize negative reporting against Clinton as "not counting," by also narrowly focusing on stories related to personal issues while disregarding criticism of his law enforcement and alleged fundraising activities, is a stark reminder of how little you bring to the table factually or rhetorically while wasting everyone's time and energy.

#30 Dairy Ashford, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    peleincubus and subtomic like this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't vote for Trump *******. I'm not trying to compare Lewinsky to the Capitol rot and I'm not sure why you are. The Capitol riot is being covered. Not sure what you're rambling about

Do you think the cheating allegations about Clinton should not have been covered by news organizations in 1992?

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So your blind support of him is just pathological, or more trivially a wounded and childish attempt by a broken grown man to be heard and feel involved through childish contrarianism. If you don't understand why citing previous negative reporting of an earlier Democratic president by CNN is a rebuttal to a charge of favorable reporting to the current one, then you continue to be as dumb as believed.

#32 Dairy Ashford, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    peleincubus and jiggyfly like this.
  13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Lol... A Trumpster to the end....

[​IMG]

T_Man

AroundTheWorld and Deckard like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A simpler ass question was asked? Was CNN not supposed to report on Clinton cheating accusations?

Your b**** ass can't answer

So here you are making it personal again. I challenged your claim with no insults.and you're flailing like the b**** that you are

Yes I defended Trump on accusations of collusion. I was proven. correct b****. I do not think he is a rapist either.

Right is right. This broken old man can separate politics from his evaluations of different issues. I don't support border walls or trying to overturn Obamacare. That doesn't make Trump a serial rapist Russian spy.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Dairy Ashford

You flail worse than b****es. At least bbitches keep their flailing in truth. Did I support the Capitol riot or criticize coverage of it?

The fuq you rambling about?

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

As for CNN, you come in watching for them to tell you what "mood" you're supposed to be in when it comes to the world.

Watch Fox if you want to feel "indignant" or "outraged"

There once was a 100 day honeymoon where media gave them breathing space that totally went to **** after Clinton.

Bush "stealing" the presidency through scrotus didn't help either.

Obama had a crisis no one agreed was the best answer.

That last guy...I don't remember anything bad that happened. Absolutely nothing.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I thought some reporters tried to make up for their Bush Iraq War campaign failure to question the war campaign by being overly critical of Obama but I don't have specific examples. Just the impression I had

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I, for one, welcome Biden's embrace and subsequent sniff.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No. Biden wasn't in office half an hour before they started bombarding the forum with absolute crap straight from the extreme right-wing media that's been busy sucking trump's johnson for 4 years. It doesn't surprise me, but I also don't have to read it. As for your OP, I agree. Way over the top. Not comparable to what's been spewing from Fox and all of trump's other media friends, of course, but I'm sure the euphoria from sources like that particular CNN talking head will dissipate, given time.

Fortunately, they have people like Jake Tapper, who doesn't go in for that sort of thing.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL People are STUPID who think Cable News is in it for the NEWS! This is pure Capitalism.

[​IMG]

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/tv-news-hard-sell-advertising-fox-news-msnbc-1203458945/

And new money typically flows in an election year. Fox News Channel is projected to take in nearly $1.32 billion in advertising in 2020, which would mark an increase of 7.9% over 2019, according to Kagan, a market-research firm that is part of S&P Global. CNN is seen securing around $773.1 million, representing an increase of about 11.7%. And MSNBC is expected to win around $723.1 million, according to Kagan, a raise of about 0.8%.

@Os Trigonum @Sweet Lou 4 2