1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/23/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2021.

1. SORF

SORF Member

That was a fun game to watch. :D It has been a long time since I enjoyed a Rocket game like tonight.
    Our starting 5 shot 60%...actually, EG shot 59%, but I will round it up to 60% because he was high scorer with 33 points.;) We also had 52 rebounds, 13 offensive rebounds.

2. OpportunityCost

I want our style of play to continue to be democratic and not a dictatorship with one person ruling over the basketball.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a good feeling about this team. It's fun to watch so many guys getting up up and over that rim. Lot's of young talent. Kudos to Eric and Cousins for a big night!

I am so happy for Cousins bouncing back after all he has gone through the last 3 years. He played a heck of a game, and he has to feel good about that. Boy it's nice having a rebounder who can hit 3's and muscle his way to the rim! We can only get better from here. I like our depth, and our nice mix of veterans and youth.

5. DLT

DLT Member

You don't know that. It's different without Harden. I love how the fans think the best option is to bench the all star players for rookies... Lol

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

WE WERE PLAYING SIMILAR TO THIS then oladipo happened... even tho hes good player imho somehow the flow and ball movement stops when hes playing

Roomba likes this.
  7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Watching this game tonight makes me that much more frustrated at Jones and Martin only playing 3 mins vs. the Pistons. I'm happy we beat them (barely), but Silas has got to improve his rotations. I thought he was fantastic tonight, but going forward he's going to have a real dilemma with Oladipo, Wall, Mclemore, Nwaba, Jones, House, Gordon and Brown all needing minutes. My worry is that young guys like Brown, Jones, and Martin aren't going to see the floor as much in favor of veterans, but I'll reserve judgment until we see this team back at full strength. Also not sure how to integrate Porter into this roster and give him minutes.

D-rock, OpportunityCost and hakeem94 like this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Sign him! That's an insane steal!

D-rock, PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  9. elvis

elvis Member

This game was awesome. It’s so fun watching the team play hard. And the rookies have been amazing.

Richie_Rich, DeBeards, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  10. OpportunityCost

I agree, I have good feelings after this game. I hope they continue this style of play with more off-the-ball screens like the one Cousins set for EG and freed him up for an easier 3-point shot.

D-rock, bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Mavericks's 5th game in 7 days, for a liiittle bit perspective.. But shows Rockets have playable depth, to take care of business

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He only played 19 minutes? Seemed longer. Had just a great game. I agree. Mason and Brown, who only had 18 minutes, should have split McLemore’s 20. BMac should have just stayed glued to the bench, in my opinion.

#852 Deckard, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  13. OpportunityCost

Yes, anyone who does this needs to be benched. They need to adjust to this new style of play and not us adjusting to ball-dominance.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HHHAHAHA ! AWESOME

D-rock and bro2044 like this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

That was the original plan but EG looks comfortable as a starter and consistently bringing him off of the bench was wanted to get him into a rhythm.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes but its also on the young guns they need stop being impressed and being timid around the names

17. jayfree

jayfree Member

John Wall is the X-Factor (2-0 this year with him and no Harden)

don grahamleone, DLT and hakeem94 like this.
  18. OpportunityCost

I am worried Wall, House, and Bmac will be obstacles to the style of play the 2nd unit plays, ball movement and team-ball.

D-rock, PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Mr. Space City

It’s going to be interesting how Oladipo and Wall play together.

DeBeards and don grahamleone like this.
  20. OpportunityCost

Wow Mason Jones had 16 points and was 6-8 from the field.