1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Gordon still pissed at the Capela trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Mr. Space City

At least the numbers support my argument. Yours don’t. That’s like me saying Eric Gordon is better than Michael Jordan with no actual numbers to back it up, and I’m right just because I say so.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was a horrible trade, and it killed the Harden Era - or was the final straw.

DD

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That's not even the case. That is a horrible example just like your presentation of stats. Numbers don't lie? I say they do. I can go find stats and present them as something positive or even negative. Your stats doesn't account for the overall result. Your stats are out of context. What is stats in elimination games? They aren't that great as Shaq pointed out but I guess you have a excuse for that too? It was someone else, anyone else but Harden's fault. Trump used to spew stats and completely took them out of context and tried to use them to his benefit. I just want to know whats so good about losing that you guys insist on defending the guy like he wasn't the problem. Like he didn't make winning here hard on himself.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think losing Capela limited Hardens game. He decided to make his game super predictable - long step back, drive and kick to corner, or contested layup. With Capela he at least had the floater alley oop option.

UTSA2step likes this.
  5. Mr. Space City

Most people would say the guy who averaged 34/7/6 with 44/35/82 splits with the best defensive rating on the team showed up, and the guy making $40 million a year averaging 16.7 ppg and 5.7 assist a game shooting 31.4% from 3, with an awful 3/14 in a 5 point game 5 loss, didn’t show up.

Not much more context you need than that.

You guys sound like ex-girlfriends that get dumped and say “whatever, his dick was little anyways”. It wasn’t so little when you were sucking on it?

Just because he left doesn’t mean I have to act like he wasn’t very good in the 2019 WCSF.

6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What wow? lol If you look at it from face value. The devils in the details. I didn't say he wasn't good, couldn't have been great if we didn't win...Why are we praising empty stats again??? I can enjoy his game and be critical of his game especially if he was on the Rockets. I care about the Rockets WINNING not Harden numbers. Now that he is gone the truth can be told for you HARDEN ONLY FANS. I guess the numbers are good if you looking for another contract to hand over to the strippers. Still waiting on the elimination stats.

Did you hear your mom say that? She must have had a lot of pipe in her day. I'm partial to MILFS myself.

7. Mr. Space City

So everybody who doesn’t win a title is putting up empty stats to you. Got it.

Enjoy watching all these empty stats this year!

8. StevieCrossover

Gordon mad they traded away their only center to have a 6 foot center.

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What? Where did you get that from? So Kobe's 81 is meaningless? Not at all. They won the game, and he was already champion before and won more 2 more titles later. Hard to see Harden scoring 81pts and still winning let alone leading a team to a championship.

Harden is 0-1 as Franchise player. Happy for him if he gets it but it's not the same. How can I bash Lebron for running to super teams and not Harden? At least Lebron wins!

10. Mr. Space City

That was a regular season game. So yes, Kobe’s 81 was meaningless according to you since the Lakers didn’t win a title that year.

Now you’re flip-flopping.

11. Mr. Space City

this u?

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Did you not read thoroughly? It doesn't look like it. What the difference between Kobe and Harden? One is a proven winner while the other will likely end his career like Allen Iverson.

13. Mr. Space City

This isn’t about Kobe vs. Harden. You brought up his 81 in a season they didn’t win a title, so the game was meaningless by your logic.

14. WiltTheStilt13

But Eric Gordon is better than MJ

Mr. Space City likes this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Did you not read the sentence before that? Kobe won in 2000, he was already a champ. Anything after that was just extra. Harden still 0-1 as a franchise player. He'll never be as great as he thinks if he's chasing super teams. Winning in Brooklyn doesn't mean **** for Rocket fans.

16. Mr. Space City

But Kobe was not a franchise player in 2000 and not the best player on his team, so by 2005-06 he was 0-1 as a franchise player. So all of Kobe’s stats were meaningless until 2008-09, by your logic.

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol its ok. Mamba mentality. Harden doesn't have it. That's why he didn't fit here. Kobe told him he was never going to win like that!

18. Mr. Space City

Of course you can’t win with CP3 playing like Smush Parker. Not even Kobe could win with Smush Parker.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol you are just willfully ignorant now.

20. Mr. Space City

Loser Chris Paul 0-1 as a franchise player.

empty stats!