1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

What about Easterby's silence? Has he appeared to define his role in this organization? Will he be involved in making personnel decisions? Has he answered why he is qualified to EVP of football operations?

ZJP3 likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I joke a lot and vibe with my cf brothers but this is weird. I can’t even say anything anymore. Let whatever happens and I don’t care at this point.

UTSA2step, macho87, whag00 and 6 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It is not Easterby's responsibility to define his role or speak to his qualifications -- those are ownership's decisions and duties. And that is not something that is typically shared externally. So your analogy is a little silly. The Texans have reached out to Watson and Watson has not returned their calls. What more can the Texans do to fix the issue if Watson won't engage? The guy is acting like an upset teenage girl.

raining threes likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The poll is now 97% Watson, 3% Easterby.... but the vocal majority of that 3% currently posting in this thread.

At this point, I’m fairly certain that demographic is getting a little too used to being in the minority when it comes to nationwide polls.... but I’m sure there will be every confabulation presented claiming the whole debate is “fraudulent” and in the end the team chaplain is always going to be more important than the franchise QB...

Two Sandwiches and tinman like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doubt it’s racial cause Brian Flores is African American

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Imagine prefer being shtty over trying to retain the superstar qb we been looking for our entire shtty franchise.

No wonder Mcnairs loves fans like u, don't even have to do anything to win, and get to pray to god for funz.

U aren't "true" houston fan, cause no one rather their team b shttier just b/c of a disgruntled player.

NotInMyHouse and 3Rings like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Return their call and do what?

What is the owner going to do to compromise with watson or show that he even wants to win? Man already outright refuses to fire the religious charlatan, refuses to listen to the search firm, andre johnson's post, and watson's advice.

Imagine your boss taking a big fat sht on your head. Now he's calling to "fix the issue", in what world do you think whatever your boss gonna do is going to make you happy.

Delusional dumb fks thinking a phone call will magically solve anything.

Won't hire the gm the right way, won't fire the religious charlatan who has no business at that position, won't listen to qb's advice.

Owner has a big fat ego or is easily manipulated by religion hence a simple apology won't do jack sht.

UTSA2step and 3Rings like this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No idea how some Texans fans want to blame this on Watson. It's hilarious to see the false narratives being spun.

I'd like to assume it's just jaded fans used to mediocrity, that can't handle someone wanting to win and be in the upper echelon of the league.

It's just bananas to me.

NotInMyHouse and mikol13 like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Combined with politics, religion and racism.

NotInMyHouse and Two Sandwiches like this.
  11. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

So if Cal is legitimately using race and religion as a hiring standard can't the NFL force his hand and make him sell like the NBA did with Donald Sterling. Someone needs to figure out a way to plant a bug in his office.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Your childish, vulgar post doesn't merit a response, but I will anyway.
    1. State why he's upset... instead of posting cryptic, passive-aggressive social media posts
    2. Outline what he wants -- so the Texans' front office can either address it or decide it's not possible
    3. Resolve differences in a mature, private manner -- a professional manner.

Watson is acting like a complete child here. It is simply impossible to describe it any other way.

raining threes likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

1. If u can't tell why he's upset, u must b kinda dumb if he has to spell it out for u after repeated new posts documenting how shtty front office been behaving. If he post outright y he's mad u will btch at him for throwing a tantrum publicly
    2. He did outline what he wants. the front office has outright ignore it.
    3. The front office has not been professional whatsoever, Hiring an incompetent religious spiritual advisor as EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, FOOTBALL OPERATIONS
    is not right. Ignored search firm advice.

Im repeating myself over and over, but dumb fans like u just want to blame the player and not the front office for being incompetent and letting this happen.

UTSA2step and 3Rings like this.
  14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I think all of this is precisely why he won't shut down the rumors. Because if the Texans want to make good on reconciliation, then they need to have a show of good faith. Bring in the guy that he wants (presumably EB). I wouldn't come out and squash the rumors either, because they still have time to mess him over and hire some retread like Marvin Lewis as the coach, and then he'd for sure bounce.

Don't back yourself into the corner, keep options open. Then once the team shows their in your corner, and are truly sorry, then I expect him to publicly make his opinion known. He already told his mama to pray on it.... there's at least a chance...Lol

15. 3Rings

Just because YOU don't know what he is upset about. It doesn't mean Cal and Easterby doesn't know.

16. 3Rings

I don't know how anyone can watch the Texans make one of the worst trades in NFL history, promote a chaplain to interim GM and then over pay for Cobb and Murray and don't have a freaking clue why Watson would be annoyed.

Yes, he signed that new contract and thought things would change. He thought he would have input and then he sees the same dumb stuff happening again with the same cast of characters. Saleh was on everyone's list of top coaches. The Texans didn't even interview him. Yet, you still have idiotic fans thinking he should just shut up and watch the idiots run the Texans into the ground.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. WiltTheStilt13

I miss Matt Schaub he was so good and loyal to Houston. He was always reliable for pick 6 for the other team too, you can’t coach that kind of talent. But, seriously Deshaun is so great I don’t blame him for being mad at BIG CAL(as in California...eww gross.) But anyways Deshaun deserves better. Texans need an owner who stands up for social justice and supports LGBTTQQIAAP+. Rosenfalls wasn’t a bad QB either. Anyways I think we should trade Deshaun to the JETS for the great Sam Darnold, and get a new owner who doesn’t support the President BLUMPF! I love Clurchfans and Boogie Couscous. I wish the Texans were good. I miss Bulls on Parade and Owen Daniels. I loved playing with the Texans in 2k5.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. conquistador#11

"When 3rings Talks You listen" - Deandre Hopkins.

=)

3Rings and UTSA2step like this.