1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN needs to stop doing this

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, Jan 23, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This isn't North Korean state TV.

One of my greatest fears of a Biden presidency is that the upper middle class and wealthy will believe that it's time to pat everyone on the back and shout mission accomplished where America is healed and now all Americans can breath while just flat out ignoring the economic trends of the past 40 years that lead to people wanting psychopaths like Trump leading the nation.

This is genuine fodder right wing media can use to show how the media is going to treat Biden with kiddie gloves.

Edit: He's CNN's chief political director. He isn't some Biden spokesperson. I don't care if a spokesperson for an administation comes on and defends their guy. This is a lead guy who directs news on CNN doing this and that's why it's so cringe worthy.

#1 fchowd0311, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I agree they should hit hard. Same with fox when a conservative is in power.

B@ffled and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But actually hit hard as opposed to publishing how Biden is out of touch because he ... wears a Rolex?

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He is out of touch bc of the onset of dementia and extreme wealth his family has collected by selling his political office.. Lol but yeah rolex is not a legit reason.

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is old, not demented.

mdrowe00 and Dubious like this.
  6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Did you not hear Biden's speech?
    Neither demented or out of touch. Sharp, eloquent, and right on on the themes that are most urgent. Its a typical personal attack from people with no defendable policy

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He read it.

He also cannot delineate an order to move or speak from an ear peice. This is all tip of the ice berg. The dude is half gone and looks lost on stage and afraid when reporters ask questions.

Astrodome likes this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Oh dude, you are so sad, haha

All speeches are written by speech writers and Biden's is the best. But all the emphasis and emotion was true Biden, the same guy that has been the for 40 years. If he's a demented prop, more power to the people behind him, ha. They got him elected and off on a fast start. Just stuff him and keep him at the podium, good things are happening.

#8 Dubious, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  9. fchowd0311

Man is it possible to get honest criticism of media without attracting the trolls?

mdrowe00, Nook, B@ffled and 2 others like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

People should know what they are getting with Fox and CNN: news-o-tainment somewhat more reality based than OANN or DailyKos but not good sources of information or analysis.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No. But I'm not even seeing the posts that are bothering some people, so *shrug*.

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Agreed. The problem is most people don’t. It seems like most people base their opinions or “facts” off of what they hear on CNN or Fox. It’s sad in reality.

13. fchowd0311

I would say most people that debate here don't get their information from cable news. They read.

mdrowe00, ElPigto and B-Bob like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree CNN and MSNBC along with other news services should hold Biden to account. That said I don't fault them for being positive about Biden's inauguration. There is a very sharp contrast between what we've seen the last four years and what happened this week. I have no problem with them praising that.

adoo, dobro1229, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  15. fchowd0311

There is sharp contrast but these metaphors of Biden embracing us with a hug sounds like campaign rhetoric from a Biden representative, not words coming out of a cheif editor of a news organization.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

One thing I do think is going to happen is that news shows and late night comedy shows are going to get a lot more boring. Trump did make for some entertaining coverage.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yeah that was a little over top but not too troubled by it.

What will be telling to me is how they report on when the Biden agenda is being implemented. Inevitably there will be problems and if they don't report on them or excuse them I will find that much more troubling. I was encouraged during the first press conference that they did press the new spokesperson about vaccine distribution and pointing out that we've already reached the goal of a million vaccination per day and that isn't enough.

jiggyfly, mdrowe00, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

I think you should give it a little more time OP. He just came to office when the nation is divided.
    I think CNN is right now doing their duty as media with a conscience to try to instill some positivity and unity.
    The failed coup was only a couple of weeks ago.

There will be time in the future to critisize and political commentate when he actually does reprehensible things or his policies fail.

Ofc I say that and as soon as BIden's inaugaration ended I stopped watching it because it was too much fluff and polyanish.

R0ckets03 and glynch like this.
  19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

They are just trying to please contented moderates I guess. I have to admit that it was getting a bit embarrassing to see CNN and MSNBA, ABC etc. go out of their way to pile on Trump. I partially excused this as I viewed it as an attempt to balance the pathological lying of Trump, and Fox and allies, but they need to get back to a little more just reporting.
    Agreed even Fox viewers can see how propagandistic this is , though they can't see the more gross version they consume daily on Fox.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm glad a self admitted liberal such as yourself can be honest MSNBC and CNN being over the top on Trump. I stopped watching MSNBC during the 2016 primaries because of this.

I don't get CNN. MSNBC is progressive opinion mostly plus new at least. CNN is supposed to be news first