1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

wth. These aren't strategies... this is just crap out there for anyone to use. lol. And they're for sure not guaranteed to make you money. They only give you an idea of what's going on out there... then you act on it. You're on your own after that. :D

If you want to learn more about 13G/D filings : https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/schedule13g.asp

Here's the SEC's EDGAR database where you can search for filings : https://www.sec.gov/edgar/search/?r=el#
    If you wanted to search for 13G's/13D's, you'd select "Beneficial ownership reports" in the "Filing Category" dropdown.

I think the drug/catalyst screener my co-worker used to use is here : https://www.biopharmcatalyst.com/biotech-stocks/company-pipeline-database
    Note the menu options on the left. You can check out upcoming important dates for drugs, current stock prices, etc.

There are people that scalp some spikes in afterhours on Cramer's CEO interviews on his show. I've done that with stocks like MP where during the morning hours they say something like "Cramer's going to have MP Materials' CEO on during Mad Money today..." or something which is at 5pm Central time. The thing spiked something like 8-10% I think in the afterhours. This isn't guaranteed, but if he gives a good plug, there's a good chance to quickly go up 3-5% or more in the afterhours. It could also sell off just as quickly. There are people that actually use this method for quick trades (personally I think it's nuts), but we used to use this method with some MS Money and Yahoo investment "gurus" back during the dotcom bubble. It's why you'll hear a lot of "noobz" call up to get Cramer to say something nice about the "random electric vehicle stock of the day" during his Lightning Round -- just to see it tick up.

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

saitou likes this.
  3. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

@adoo do you think this the week MSFT breaks out on earnings? I am tempted to buy some more Tuesday afternoon. It’s usually not a big mover post earnings but seems like a breakout candidate after a long period of consolidation.

4. adoo

adoo Member

yes.

[​IMG]
    on the 4th try, trading action closed above the upper channel, expect it to
    form a handle to cup, w the top being where the "R" is.
    w the ERS being the catalyst, it'll pop to the previous high, where the "H" is---forming a bigger cup and a handle.
    then another pop after that
    now that this scenario is crystalizing, I’ve sold
    • another 5-pt bullish PUT (230/225) spread and
    • Covered CALL, Mar 242.5 strike

#13744 adoo, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    whag00 likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    in addition, sold another 5-pt bullish PUT spread, collecting $2.6, to defray the cost of this 15-pt bullish diagonal CALL spread

bto jul 140 CALL
    sto Mar 155 CALL, for a net cost of ~ $10
    net/net, i m spending $7.4 to participate in this 15-pt spread; by July, i see AAPL trading at ~ $15 above the current stock price

#13745 adoo, Jan 23, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

Be extremely careful with XSPA. Made and lost money on it.

I've known about that stock since May last year. They had this big idea to do covid testing since their spa business at the airport was shut down.
    Well initial spike in stock price was great, from like 50 cents to 2+. Then a reverse split, multiple offerings (at least 3 I know of since May) and they barely got 4 or 5 testing "centers" open at airports. Straight up garbage stock.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man... I still cant believe it. WSB completely destroying Shitron. GME to $1,000.

Sajan, CCity Zero and AWIN like this.
  8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Pretty crazy reddit has done this.. what a wild world we live in. Common sense says GME goes off a cliff next week as everyone pulls profits. But common sense doesn’t work in the stock market at least 50% of the time lol

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

News of the squeeze is just now starting to make more noise in the mainstream - so who knows. Epic storyline.

Sajan and davidio840 like this.
  10. AWIN

AWIN Member

I mean the whole YOLO and stick it to the hedge funds might actually work this time, if all the poor people are up to “throw away” a bankroll you bring to Vegas I can totally see it going to the moon. Just trying to figure out if I’m buying in at Bellagio or O’Sheas on Monday

There’s a ton of entertainment value in those Reddit threads, I just picture a bunch of dudes sitting in titty bars doing rails while pumping the stock online.

#13750 AWIN, Jan 23, 2021
    NotInMyHouse likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

WSB buying GME gift cards to donate to charity to offset taxes. What a world.

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I’m betting on them to expand and do well when travel opens back up more. I took a couple leaps. More of a lotto but just setting and forgetting

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  13. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What's this I'm hearing of another potential crash in March? Has anyone heard about this?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yup. Just got back from March. There's a crash. :D

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. "hard-money.net".

Rodman23 likes this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If you heard something specific share so we can consider/weigh the risk :) biggest risk I can think of now is expiry of unusual amount of calls, I think we went thru that for tech in october with the softbank whale.

2021 has been life changing, and we've just started. Imagine what happens when the $1,400 checks enter the market and retail goes ham on ootm calls

Ziggy, CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

It's below $2, $260m cap. No fundamentals needed, just a good stock promoting pr to motivate the headline jockeys and it'll explode, but I'll wait for @davidio840 input on the ticker haha.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

That’s what I thought but multiple PRs about new airport locations haven’t done much. Maybe 50 cent spikes.
    The reverse split killed that stock..3:1..
    It’s back to RS prices. Geez.

saitou likes this.