1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah , probably, cause it was back to back games

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

134 points in the paint in the last 2 games. Hardens defense isn’t the problem. Brooklyn has no interior defense. They need to try and land McGee ASAP or go and sign Deadmon. DJ isn’t it anymore.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol you see a lot more HOH than you see HOF.....truly sad.

hakeem94 and ksny15 like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The rebounding numbers are truly frightening to. Worse than our small ball lineups last year.

MettaWorldPete, JayGoogle and HP3 like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Didnt see you during the Pistons game. :).....LOL

6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The bench is not really stepping up either. I think the Cavs' bench outscored the Nets bench by 25 to 30 points in both games. That's a big difference.

Jordan is honestly the worst center in the league. Yeah, he gets a few blocks, but his paint defense and rebounding are truly awful for a 6ft 11 guy.

MettaWorldPete, chadyang and HP3 like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Hard to see how Harden and Kyrie is going to work.

Kyrie is like a lesser Harden... but they both need the ball in their hands as both are stubborn. Kyrie is better off ball because he did it with LeBron and he is an elite shooter... but he isn’t willing to do it.... So Harden is left taking less shots and not playing like he usually would.

If it comes down to Kyrie or Harden, everyone knows Durant will side with Harden.... but the Nets really may be better off dealing Kyrie and rolling with Harden and KD and the talent they get for Kyrie.... Harden and Durant is nasty.

Kyrie is someone I don’t see agreeing to Harden running the offense... so something has to give.

I will be curious to see how KD and JH handle this.

8. Asian Sensation

And?

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Kinda speaks volumes how the same team was able to beat The Bucks minus Kyrie but have now lost twice to the Cavs with Kyrie. I highly doubt Brooklyn looks to trade him. Plus I’m not sure what his value even is at this point. If anyone offers them some defensive players they should do it in a heart beat. KD, James and the elite shooting of Joe Harris is enough offense.

MettaWorldPete, Nook and HP3 like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

And youd rather post about Harden loses than Rocekts wins LOL.

#910 HP3, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  11. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Sorry I meant to say Rockets wins. :) You arent active in the GARM,.....but you are really active here though.

13. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Harden can give you a 30 points a game and his opponent / who ever he is guarding can do the same

Crashlanded19 and ashleyem like this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden struggles playing with irving isn't a surprise as I posted previously that the reduction in his time on ball is going to be a major adjustment.

While Hardens statistical output the last 4 years have been tremendous... They've also required an absurd amount of possessions/domination of the ball. Prior to MDA, hardens control of the teams offense was similar to other elite scorers around the league. Around 6 minutes or so. MDA increased that by nearly 50%.

Thats 50% more opportunities to score or pass... 9+ minutes of time of possession. That's a huge load, equal to controlling approximately half a teams offensive time of possession while the player (36 mpg) is on the court.

It's happened only 7 or 8 times since 2013. And nearly each time, the player (except John wall) has produced tremendous stats. WB and harden dueling mvp season in 2016-17 (9.2/9.5). WB 25/10/10 and harden 30 ppg in 2017 (9.1 & 8.8). Harden 36ppg in 2018 (9.3). 2nd year players Trae Young 29.6 and 9.3 ast (9.1) Luka 28.8 and 8.8ast (8.9) in 2019.

Aside for those listed, very few players handle the ball more than 7 let alone 8 or 9 minutes a game. (since 2013-14)

Someone who is use to that much touches, control and freedom is going to have difficulties suddenly losing a giant chunk of all three. Especially if they are rythym players or have been doing so for an extended period of time.

Harden played what zache lowe called james ball in houston. He controlled possessions nearly 50% more than prime LeBron james did. Him on the nets (or if he was in philly) will require him to play like 99% of other nba players. Meaning playing off ball, sharing the ball and having long stretches without being the one in control.

Harden has already partially adjusted, evident by his assists numbers. However expect his scoring to vary greatly as he figures out when, how and where he can be aggressive and score with less opportunities, touches and shots.

I agree about Curry vs Durant thing, but it's close enough where I can see both arguments. Playing with curry massively improved durants ts% especially in the playoffs... But durants abilities to iso/score against postseason defense was also superior (along with his all nba level defense).

Durant w/harden is better than w/irving since harden is the better player. Irving's pros are - he's proven he can perform the secondary role and is a proven clutch performer in the playoffs.

The difference between harden and irving is a far less pressing problem to the nets that thier defense/rebounding.

Imo the nets would be better trading either one of them for a dort/roco/looney or 2018 ariza/pj/etc.

15. Asian Sensation

I knew my boys would take care of a scrub team. What about your boi doe?

Thanks for keeping tabs on me anyways.... It’s nice living in your mind rent free.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL did you? They won by one point. You dont even watch your own team but you watch the Nets hahaha.

I dont keep tabs on you, you only post either here or in the dish because Harden lives rent free in your head. You interest me as a fascinating case study LOL. But I could care less about what you say either way. You were just a way to kill time lol.

17. Asian Sensation

Bro... you have like 13,000 posts in less than 3 years. I think you have more than enough time to kill.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

19. HP3

HP3 Member

As far as the Durant -Curry thing goes, Curry's impact as an offesnive force ..kind of just overwhelms Durant's impact as an efficient volume scorer...I honestly think they didnt even needed KD to get to the finals, but KD needed them way more. I dont even think his defense was that amazing that year.

I mean imo you def trade Irving because Harden is a vastly better player. Like I said, neither Irving nor Durant have the playmaking ability to really fine tune an offense. The Clippers had a high offensive rating last year too and their lack of a playmaking was really glaring in the playoffs. Harden can perform the secondary role(though I dont think he should even to Durant. Even if I buy into the whole Harden isnt clutch argument, he's so dominant for 3 quarters that Durant can pretty much finish them off in the fourth.

I honestly dont think the Nets get anywhere if they kept Irving and traded Harden. But I have bias. But I think trading Irving would def help them. Either way though, I agree they need a trade.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL do you know how easy it is to post on here calling out your dumb ****.....very easy, I have more than enough time at work and since Covid started, I work from home.

BigShasta likes this.