1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 1/22/2021

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Jan 22, 2021.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Holding on for transaction a few minutes…not even in rox jersey…also a legend!?:eek:o_O:D

hakeem94 and Salvy like this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

That's how it works around here...

DeBeards likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One of the interesting things about them being together at this point is you can ignore the stats a bit and get a feel for who the better player is by watching.

still there will be arguments.

I think most thought KD the better player on the Warriors with Steph. I didn’t really but that seemed to be the consensus no?

So far my feel with the Nets is it’s still KDs team... and Harden has slipped in as #2 to Kyries now #3. But it’s still early.

it will be interesting to see if that continues to be the case and if so and they are winning/losing what kind of talk we’ll hear about it from them. None of those guys strike me as Steph like in their ability to roll with whatever and just keep being himself.

HP3 likes this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

K, gotta get to used to it:oops: then

Salvy likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Sure, but I think Harden + Durant is more deadly offesnively than Irving and Durant. Its been the same with Harden, we've had elite offenses with Cp3, Dwight and Westbrook.

Durant is more scalable, but I dont really value scalability all that much. Harden and Kyrie can be great offensively too, the problem with any of the three is that you have mediocre defense.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Also the Subs are good.
    Enjoyable to watch.
    Seem well coached. lots of solid B/B+ role playing wings.
    Young star in Booker
    Veteran once star in CP3

And wtf Ayton. Dudes a beast all of a sudden. He’s had 3/4 clunker offensive games so it’s not 100% consistent but when he’s on he’s a legit problem.

HP3 likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

holy hell, y'all look at Clint's line? 19 rebounds with 10blks. uh oh..

Salvy, Rockets4Life13 and Patience like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

If you ask me....no, Curry was always the better player on that team. If Curry went down instead of Durant. I have no doubt in my mind that we win that series(though both of them were needed of course). Curry makes the offense so good and provided so many opportunities for Durant.

Right now....I agree as go al long, we'll find out who's most important to the team. Harden doesnt really look like himself tbh so idk.

But on Durant-Curry here is a good video on it.

JayZ750 likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

poor fella. lowest favorability polling prez in history. lost the popular vote twice. lost re-election. impeached twice by the house. nonsensical statements at the beginning of covid saying it would go away then when it didn't he ignored it. I hope he finds peace with all of those failures.

Phillyrocket, Patience and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, well we know his supporters havent. @Salvy How was the capital?

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I don't care whether he finds peace or not. I hope his failures haunt him forever.

DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Clint has been dominating. Both ends of the floor unlike our Dream like guy

Patience likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Some would argue that mda shares at least half the credit. Prior to mda, rockets & harden were 7th, 12th, 4th, 6th. After they were, 2nd 1st, 2nd , 6th.

Mda had a similar run in PHX with nash. Of course this wouldn't be possible without harden/nash abilities to dominate the ball as much as his system requires.

Harden is clearly better than irving. But irving has proven an ideal second banana, scorer, clutch performer without dominating the ball with LeBron and their championship in 2016.

As for Durant, dude has proven he can take a team to the finals as the clear number 1 as he did in okc or as a second or co-main with curry and the warriors. Warriors had a much better differential/net rating/+- with curry than Durant in all 3 regular season but Durant obviously was the fmvp twice...

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Half? Idk, MDA just had the offense go through Harden more.

True.

I mean, I think we both agree Harden&Durant>Harden&Irving no?

He had a very good team around him. He can be the number one guy as long as he has like 2 other all stars to be fair...but then gain, what champion hasnt had two other all stars these days. I think we'll find out more as the season goes a long, but as far as Durant-Curry goes, Curry was better to me, the FMVP dont mean as much.

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

And we traded him for Covington, I miss the Harden to Capela lobs...

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahaha. Not only did Tilman make the team much worse by trading for Westbrook.

He then doubled down and compounded the mistake by trading Capela to appease Westbrook's limited game.

Hahahahaha. Oh man. You have to laugh about the ineptitude of the Houston Rockets owner.

HP3 likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jamal Murray quietly back to regular ol’ Jamal now that he’s not inside the Bubble

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Kawhi is scoring 25 ppg on 50/45/88 shooting splits. I think he's done something like that before in San Antonio. Read that Ty Lue is running some triangle plays to put him in positions that Jordan and Kobe found success in.

Paul George is scoring 24 on 50/50/90 shooting splits. He must have last year's criticism on his mind. Hope he knows none of that matters unless he performs in the playoffs.

Wonder where the Rockets would be with Ty Lue.