1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 1/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

sigh, I don’t even know why I even bother with some of u random posters sometimes

the Rockets are 12th in the conference, and 1 win behind OKC for 11th, but somehow they would need to jump 4-5 seeds to compete for 10th according to your logic

try again

HP3 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

except I never mentioned 8th seed

u mofos can’t read

I said compete for 9th or 10th...as in that is their ceiling if they are all playing very well

HP3 likes this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

By the skin of our teeth, but its a win!

We got a loooooong way to go.

bro2044 likes this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Bro what makes you think any of what you said is likely to change. We arent good. There's a chance that Wall comes back and balls out of his mind but whether or not it will matter or make us better or can he even stay on the court is a whole matter onto itself. its also not a high chance that he will comeback and back and ball like crazy. Listen we are not a good team. We are probably the worst defensive team in the league even with wall healthy. then you throw in that most of our guys are injury prone its not looking good. We dont need to worry about tanking in the west, they will take care of it for us lol Just sit back and hope for the best. If we are good enough to make the playoffs great, if we suck really bad we're going to trade everyone anyway there is no debate about tank vs not tank to be had lol.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well if they were super smart they wouldnt be pro tank wouldnt they?

Anyway imho its not fun to call people idiots we can have fun without namecalling.. were all pretty bright here just having different affinities and preferences to what make us happy

6. Mr. Space City

Can you imagine a game of 1-on-1 between Blake & Boogie?

DeBeards likes this.
  7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I'm sure they shopped around. Jarrett Allen is a nice player but as an asset his value isn't that great when you probably have to give him a max deal this summer and take on Prince's salary for this year and next as well.

Milwaukee has a lot riding on Holiday resigning in the offseason. If he leaves for some reason they are going to be really thin next year with very few ways to really improve. At that point they'd probably be a long Giannis injury from the lottery. Unlikely and it's not like I'm going to root for the injury part of that, but not impossible.

DeBeards and Jayzers_100 like this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We're 13th seed and the only game we won recently is by one point to a terrible Pistons team lol But next time don't bother replying to a random poster as if being here longer some how makes you a smarter person lol. If thats your only angle you should try again lol

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Did we win or not

10. cbk41

cbk41 Member

We'll see what happens. In my view we've been hit with just about with most chaos in the league: combined injuries, starting lineups, new staff, systems, players, etc. This team isn't tjhat great, but lets not pretend they are peaking at 4-9 pace without some kind drastic change for the worse. I don't think theres a solid argument for that other than thats the record we had prior to today. That'd be actively disregarding the scenarios and SoS.

Joe Rocket and bro2044 like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I dont mean it personally I just mean that point of view is idiotic. I have no way of knowing if they are idiotic in their everyday lives lol

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

What’s the scenario for us to get the 4th pick?

13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Recently? Did we not beat the Spurs, like, 3 games ago?

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I take it day by day when it comes to my Rockets

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I guess we'll have to see lol

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

4 games ago

17. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Why would you want us to be the 10th seed? To make the play-in just to get slaughtered by the Lakers again?

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Aw. The fragility of recency is a fascinating thing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#KeepLosing

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We've won 3 out of the last 10 is that better?