1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 1/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Paul George took this personally.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

We're missing 3 starters and ppl are disappointed in the performance.

C'mon.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Updated Rockets status :

Morey won
    Nets lost
    Thunder is going to lose
    Rocket sitting at 5th spot

Life is wonderful.

4. Mr. Space City

Man did you see how Gordon was flying towards the rim?! Did you see that dunk?! Man he’s amazing! I would hate for a team to give up a first rounder for him.

[​IMG]

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The dumbest thing about pro tankers is that they think this sorry team needs help from FO to lose even when we were on a 3 game losing streak playing with our best player LMAO. Then they are like "play boogie more minutes" and we play him 30 minutes and we win LOL idiots LOL

s3ts, hakeem94, gfab-babyboi and 2 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

this thread is getting spicy for no reason

the Rockets won’t make the playoffs, but they won’t be on the level of the sh*ttiest of teams unless Dipo is traded and Wall misses many games

Wall, Dipo, and Wood is good enough to compete for the 9th or 10th seed

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He looked awful just sleep walking around the 3 point line without the ball. That team is all dependent on Durant, Hardens passing is still great, everything else is becoming meh. Its night and day how slow he looks compared to 2019

BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.
  8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Clint and a 1st for Covington. What a dumbass trade. Morey always over-evaluates one-dimensional 3 and D players.

BasketMAD and juanm34 like this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We were losing WITH WOOD AND DIPO. YOU THINK WALL IS THE SAVIOR LMAO. You guys are on dumb for this lol

10. fattz

fattz Member

Watching the end of that game gave me flash backs to1977 Atari Combat

DeBeards, juanm34 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

1st, who are u?

2nd, where in my post did I say Wall is the savior? Do u know how to read?

12. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Honestly, why are the people obsessed with tanking who are upset about this win even watching?

I think wanting to tank right now is flawed but can sort of see the logic (though disagree with it right now). But if you're legit rooting for this team to lose I don't understand why you would even want to stay close to what is going on with the team and want to watch these games hoping they lose.

Dopamine, Jayzers_100 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Mr. Space City

Wall Oladipo Wood KPJ is good enough to make the playoffs as an 8th seed and get washed in the first round. At least Wood and Tate get some playoff experience.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah, this win made me happy tonight... and tonight is all i got... now is the only moment that exists and that will ever exist... theres nothing beyond now... and NOW, tonight we are the champions!

#1094 hakeem94, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    pahiyas, rhee, Dopamine and 1 other person like this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You can clearly see my name can you read? And secondly you think we're gonna magically jump 4 - 5 seeds with John Wall lol

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

People complaining about us not keeping Jarrett Allen but he’s a FA this year and teams are going to throw money at him. You are going to end up losing him for nothing or be forced to pay him. And I am 100% against paying him because we can’t overcommit to role player at this stage. Stone did the right thing getting a pick out of him. Also keep in mind the Milwaukee pick is unprotected and injuries can always happen in this league.

juanm34 and saleem like this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

yeah. Even if they try to tank, I think they have better odds of finishing 5-10 and licking their way into the top 4 than finishing in the top 4 and staying there.

first they’d have to finish top 4. In a league With Detroit, Washington, Sacramento and Minnesota. The Thunder will eventually have a losing streak as well. Then consider all the things that have happened to the Rockets. Even for a meh team I can’t remember a single season in my 30 yrs of watching them where so much happened. New coach and staff, short offseason, lose one of your “star” players, lose other of your star players a few games in after he pouts and pouts, different starting lineup every game, multiple players Injured or out every game.

with all that, right now, they’re still out of the top 4. Probabilistically, imo, at some point they will have a decent month.

but even if they did finish 3 or 4, they could still miss the top 4.

I just root for them to win... AND still somehow get the best of luck with draft picks lol

Jayzers_100 and ashleyem like this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No it's funny because you think Dipo, wall and Wood can get us 8th seed.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Well when we've hardly had the same starting line-up for every game, people come back, and they get more adjusted on both ends of the ball that's likely to happen. This team isn't top 4 bad. They'd have to piss off all the vets to make that happen.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Milwaukee will be a solid team as long as Giannis is there and coach Bud is there. Heck even if Giannis got injured if everyone else was healthy I think they still make the playoffs.

I’m with you in the overall thesis. But they should have gotten more back then. Another pick. Like a Cavs protected first.

ashleyem likes this.